Price Comparison, where possible.

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:43 pm
@Mame,
I must say it looks beautiful in PT. Roberts, some nice property at reasonable prices.
Property taxes seem reasonable as well.
Is it true Canadians can only stay there for 6 months of the year.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:49 pm
@2PacksAday,
You're right. It's .18. How could I have been so wrong?
roger

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:52 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
It varies, of course. My doctor is fairly popular, partly because he allocates 15 minutes per visit, and has time to talk. Some spend way less time per patient.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:52 pm
@roger,
It's still CHEAP
roger

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:57 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
My personal and unpopular feeling is that gas tax should be much higher. When our gas price hit $4.00/gallon I noticed somewhat less driving. Also, the monster SUVs and pickup trucks being used as cars pretty much disappeared, and were replaced by smaller vehicles. Amazing that some have enough vehicles in the driveway they can decide what to drive depending on fuel prices.

I kind of think that people with that many cars are not really responding to fuel prices. There is probably some social pressure and dirty looks when you are driving some behemoth that can't get 18 mpg going downhill.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:22 pm
@roger,
I would have no problem paying what I do for petrol if I thought it was to lower consumption, but the fact is, it's going to pay for the excessive government spending and incompetent management by government.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:24 pm
Gotta go.

Slan leat
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 08:41 pm
@roger,
Oh, I'm sure at some point it was .04, probably just stuck in your mind...and really in the grand scheme of things......18 cents isn't so bad.

Because of my location, and living in a state with one of the lowest tax rates, we tend to have the lowest fuel in the country....Missouri....not sure but it's near 2.60 at the moment....my wife just said it was 2.64 a few nights ago.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 08:51 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Hi, euro
I'm sorry I can't give you today's exact price in Melbourne, Oz. (I'll be able to later in the day ... going out in a minute & I'll check.)
But the last time I bought petrol (last week) it was $1:20 per litre.
But then, prices here can fluctuate quite a bit, on a daily basis. It could be $1: 22 the next day, then $1:17 the day after ...
(The last I looked, the Oz dollar was worth a little more than the US dollar, so that'll give you some idea of cost parities.)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 08:56 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I'm a regular user of this site.

http://gasbuddy.com/

Gives high and low gas prices on a daily basis throughout the U.S. and Canada. You can also get historical information (i.e. what were the gas prices like 6 mos ago in Indiana) there.

Very handy when planning a trip.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 09:04 pm
@CalamityJane,
Coastal Humboldt County in northern california is usually among the highest, hard for transport there. Just looked it up in my old area, $3.59...

Thing is, in parts of the US, Los Angeles for example, some people commute amazing distances for their jobs, which may pay well, or may not pay well.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 01:54 am
Gas was $.88 a litre here in Edmonton, we are about 3 hours north of Mame. I'm about 7-8 hours from the US border so we don't shop much in the States. This is the oil/gas province and all too frequently we pay some of the highest prices in Canada. It's cheap at the moment. We ship a lot of gas south and I can't tell you how pissed I get when I do travel in the states and see how much we pay in comparison.
I was in Ireland last year and I was pretty shocked at the prices paid for everything!

Just after 911, Point Robert's was considered the safest place in the USA. I believe they had a massive influx US citizens who moved there after the report was published.

I'm not sure if you can access this link or not if you don't have a facebook account. But I think you might find this funny, Euro.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1447529722006&set=a.1447529682005.2056512.1646096042
Mame

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 04:04 am
@Ceili,
Gas in Vancouver right now is about $1.14/litre! Here it goes from 87.4 cents to 92.9 cents, using that link above of ehBeth's.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 07:51 am
@msolga,
Hi, Msolga.
Still, not a bad price you have there. Ours is bad and I'm afraid it's going to get a lot worse.
We have a fairly draconian budget coming shortly.
Thanks for the reply, M
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 07:54 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks Beth for the site, it's excellent.
We have something similar here, but it's a cartel. There's never more than a cent in the difference between garages.
Many thanks.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 08:01 am
@Ceili,
It is funny Ceili, BUT I just want to cry.
What have they done to our country.

$0.88 a litre, I'm jealous. We'll probably be paying $8.80 a litre after the up coming budget.
Emigration is starting to sound tempting again. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 08:14 am
@ehBeth,
Our site.

www.pumps.ie
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 03:03 pm
http://www.military.ie/naval/history/ships/images/grainne.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 04:13 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
That's an interesting comparison, euy. Not much range in prices at all there.

I can often find a 5 - 8 cent / litre difference in gas prices within a few kilometres here. Worth planning which direction my shopping trips go as a result.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 04:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Every penny counts these days, Beth, For sure.
0 Replies