..so ..still no Private Messages!

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:58 am
No.

i think people need to shut up and be patient. They will be returned. IT IS an attraction to the site. Yup. I totally get that.
But.......It is only a small amount of time.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:02 am
@shewolfnm,
So, over 6 months is a "small amount of time" ?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:04 am
@HexHammer,

yes, when you consider A2k was founded in 2002...
ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:07 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:
so, you think it's better to lose the fanbase?

you're an A2K fan? awesome!!!
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Founding of A2K has nothing to do when PM's for PF.com members were disabled, nor anything to do with which priorities of the owner of A2K makes.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:09 am
@ehBeth,

(he "liked" us on FB and everything...)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:14 am
@HexHammer,
Quote:

Region Philbis wrote:

Founding of A2K has nothing to do when PM's for PF.com members were disabled, nor anything to do with which priorities of the owner of A2K makes.
some of your fellow PF.com members abused the A2k PM system.
the site owner is under no obligation to hop to it because you think six months is a long period of time...
Below viewing threshold (view)
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 06:04 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Right now A2K development priority #1 is finishing some group work that has languished just as long as the PM issue, the adding anti-spam features that will allow us to open up PMs again is the next A2K priority.

The reason these things take time, is because I have other projects through which I make a living and other life events that have intervened (e.g. my main computer just spent a month on the fritz, with problems requiring replacement of the hard drive and motherboard and I moved twice and helped friends move to another country).

I'd probably be a bit irked at how long it has taken too, and I'm a bit irked that I haven't had time for it as well, but such is life and it often conspires to deny me what I want. I'll shake my fist a little harder at the sky a few times and grimace even more harshly while I remonstrate on your behalf.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 06:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks for reply.

Maybe a solution would be to ask the community for help, I'm sure there are a few good programmers around.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 06:28 pm
@HexHammer,
Has anybody been wanting to send you a PM? I have resisted the urge quite regularly
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 06:33 pm
@HexHammer,
I don't personally know of any good PHP programmers that are members here, but if there are coders here up to snuff who want to donate time I'm not the type to turn them down.

We actually hired another fulltime developer in the last 6 months but that didn't work out for either party too well and I think growing a programming team is likely not as trivial as you think.

In any case, integrating anyone else right now is likely to delay any of our current priorities rather than move them up (as they'd take time to be able to produce and we'd have to give time helping orient them around code), and assuming life doesn't intervene again I wouldn't be surprised the groups and PMs priorities are taken care of by years end.

I'd recommend just being patient for now, both of our goals are better served with me spending my time writing code, and not answering questions, and I think we are close now.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 06:50 pm
@Robert Gentel,
So be it.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:11 pm
If anyone has a minute, would they mind filling me on what the deal with this so-called philosophy forum is?

Is it a case of mass migration from some ill-fated phil forum to A2k?

I'm very curious.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 10:24 pm
@spidergal,
Yes, something like that. We are like the Borg.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 03:53 am
@Ticomaya,
We are the Borg in everything but being able to pick a decent card of football game results.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 04:04 am
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

Yes . . . were i religious--which i am not--i would feel certain that some god or gods were punishing us for hubris.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 08:20 pm
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

If anyone has a minute, would they mind filling me on what the deal with this so-called philosophy forum is?

I'm very curious.
No, peple got it wrong, it's not a migration it was an assimilation, Robert Gentel (the owner of both) fused the fora, noone left the old PF.com for A2K, vast difference in my book.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 08:26 pm
@HexHammer,
I think you should go on a hunger strike.

that would show robert how serious you are about this injustice.

(better stash some twinkies first...)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 09:32 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
You mean to tell me on a FREE site, people are DEMANDING a service?

No, I think Hex was asking why one group should be punished for the misdeeds of a few people. Doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me.

And all the usual suspects showed up to make sure that no one, at least no one who isn't a part of the incestuals, got any sand from their little sandbox.