no heat in tahoe

nixbone

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 04:22 am
i have a 1997 tahoe 350tbi heat doesnot come on blower works fine i just put new thermostat andheater control valve and nothjing changed i noticed when warmed up and system turned to off and temp nob left all the way to right inred you can feel warmth if you put hand to vent then if you turn it on [the blower] it changes to aqir temp [notcold].please help it s getting cold in amarillo below freeze in mornings thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,024 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:11 am
@nixbone,
nixbone wrote:

i have a 1997 tahoe 350tbi heat doesnot come on blower works fine i just put new thermostat andheater control valve and nothjing changed i noticed when warmed up and system turned to off and temp nob left all the way to right inred you can feel warmth if you put hand to vent then if you turn it on [the blower] it changes to aqir temp [notcold].please help it s getting cold in amarillo below freeze in mornings thanks
I have a tahoe too, and I love the room, but hate the gas hoggyness... I know some one, and I will try to ask... Used car right??? My thinking right now is that some one clogged up the heater core with some kind of old stop leak... What does the dealer say???
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:34 am
Could be a defective sensor.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/The_temperature_gauge_on_your_Chevy_350_just_stopped_working_entirely_what_are_the_possible_causes
Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:54 am
@dadpad,
And there are valves that shunt hot water to teh heater core... A professional could fix it in a minute, I'll bet...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 02:04 pm
@nixbone,
One other thought; have you checked your coolant level?
0 Replies