Spidergal's sport rehab thread

failures art

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 05:27 pm
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

While you're unable to train, you can still be doing things that work toward your goals. Use the time to analyze your diet, and switch your physical activity to doing things like stretches. Range of motion and flexibility will greatly improve your fitness productivity and help protect against future injury.

Drink lots of water and the water exercise idea may be perfect for you given your knee issue and could help build some strength up in it so that you can do other activities!

A
R
Take care of yourself
spidergal

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:18 am
@failures art,
Thanks!

I'm snowed under other stuff right now, and will be back with an update in a couple of days.

spidergal

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 06:08 am
@spidergal,
Hmph.

It's been a little over a week since I started medication. I'm not sure if that has helped any, but the dull pain has sort of dulled more, which I believe is a good sign. Life is normal, really, except when I start to fret about this condition too much. Thankfully, I've got other major things to think about these days, and that has taken some of my mind off it.

I visited the physio today, and my quadriceps/hamstring strengthening program will begin on Monday. I will undergo about 45 minutes of stretching ever day for at least two weeks. After that, if I wish to continue, I can still go for the treatment after that period - it's pretty cheap. And stretching can't hurt.

I've also been given a green signal to swim. So that is something I'm going to have to figure out how to fit into my busy schedule, especially since I'm going to be devoting one hour to physio everyday.

Thanks for being with me, all!

0 Replies