Memorable things characters said

dyslexia

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 04:13 pm
Willy Nelson to Robert Redford in The Electric Horseman
Quote:
I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 04:19 pm
Analysis brings no curative powers in its train; it merely makes us conscious of the existence of an evil, which, oddly enough, is consciousness.
Henry Miller

djjd62

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 05:28 pm
from Planes, Trains & Automobiles

[At the car rental agency, after Neal finds the rental car he was assigned isn't in the spot]
Car Rental Agent: Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?
Neal Page: (coldly) Yes.
Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?
Neal: (quietly and slowly) You can start by wiping that ******* dumbass smile off your rosy ******* cheeks...
(rising in volume) ...Then you can give me a ******* automobile - a ******* Datsun, a ******* Toyota, a ******* Mustang, a ******* Buick - four ******* wheels and a seat!
Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.
Neal: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of ******* nowhere with ******* keys to a ******* car that isn't ******* there. And I really didn't care to ******* walk down a ******* highway and across a ******* runway to get back here to have you smile at my ******* face...
(very quietly and slowly) ...I want a ******* car, right ******* now...
Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement?
Neal: I threw it away.
Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.
Neal: Oh boy what?
Car Rental Agent: (sneering) You're fucked.

and this from John Candy's character Del Griffith

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 07:55 pm
Always loved the parodies in "Galaxy Quest"-

[The actors are flying a shuttle to an alien planet]
Guy Fleegman: [whimpering] I changed my mind, I wanna go back.
Sir Alexander Dane: After all the fuss you made about getting left behind?
Guy Fleegman: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship and something is up there and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy that gets killed by some monster 5 minutes after we land on the planet.
Jason Nesmith: You're not going to die on the planet, Guy.
Guy Fleegman: I'm not? Then what's my last name?
Jason Nesmith: It's, uh, uh– I don't know.
Guy Fleegman: Nobody knows. You know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die 5 minutes in.
Gwen DeMarco: Guy, you have a last name.
Guy Fleegman: Do I? Do I? For all you know, I'm "Crewman #6"! [puts his head on Gwen's shoulder and cries] Mommy! Mommy!
Sir Alexander Dane: [wearily] Are we there yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The shuttle has landed and Fred is opening the hatch]
Guy Fleegman: Hey! Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know! [gulps in a breath and holds it]
Fred Kwan: [calmly sniffs the air and takes a few panting breaths] Seems OK...
Irishk

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:13 pm
@Telamon,
That reminds me of one of the earlier seasons of Battlestar Galactica - it was either 1 or 2, I think.

Crew member says to another crew member: "You have to trust. Trust is what separates us humans from the Cylons."

Great series.
boomerang

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:15 pm
Quote:
And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on
the back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want
you to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W .... NOW kid!!"

Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant
spidergal

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:24 pm
@Irishk,
Hmph. I must be the only nerd who hasn't watched that series.

Anyway, since we're doing TV, here's a nugget from Grey's Anatomy, which I absolutely adored till Season Three.

"For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can't get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep you never want to come up for air. You can't cheat your first kiss. Trust me, you don't want to. Cause when you find that right person for a first kiss, it's everything."

Dr. Alex Karev to a patient, who he did eventually kiss (if I recollect correctly)
Ionus

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:44 pm
"kak-kak-hak-kak" Martians in Mars Attacks.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Analysis brings no curative powers in its train; it merely makes us conscious of the existence of an evil, which, oddly enough, is consciousness.
Henry Miller

That's deep, man.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 08:58 am
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Dupea: I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes, tomatoes instead, a cup of coffee, and wheat toast.
Waitress: No substitutions.
Dupea: What do you mean? You don't have any tomatoes?
Waitress: Only what's on the menu. You can have a number two - a plain omelette. It comes with cottage fries and rolls.
Dupea: Yeah, I know what it comes with. But it's not what I want.
Waitress: Well, I'll come back when you make up your mind.
Dupea: Wait a minute. I have made up my mind. I'd like a plain omelette, no potatoes on the plate, a cup of coffee, and a side order of wheat toast.
Waitress: I'm sorry, we don't have any side orders of toast...an English muffin or a coffee roll.
Dupea: What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches, don't you?
Waitress: Would you like to talk to the manager?
Dupea: ...You've got bread and a toaster of some kind?
Waitress: I don't make the rules.
Dupea: OK, I'll make it as easy for you as I can. I'd like an omelette, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
Waitress: A number two, chicken sal san, hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee. Anything else?
Dupea: Yeah. Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.
Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?
Dupea: I want you to hold it between your knees.
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 12:49 pm
@DrewDad,
Laughing Laughing

No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

Mick
eoe

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 02:28 pm
@IRFRANK,
I used this quote for my brothers' memorial service program. He loved the Stones and that was his favorite cut.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:00 pm
@IRFRANK,
Frank is that a picture of you? or Alf Garnett?
Ceili

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 06:12 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
"I'd kill a dragon for yooooouu!" Sinead O'Conner.
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 07:18 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Frank is that a picture of you? or Alf Garnett?
And the difference would be ?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 09:13 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
That be me.

Who is Alf Garnett?

I know, google.

I have to admit the resemblance.

I do believe I'm a bit more liberal though.
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 12:40 am
Dee-ba Dee-ba Dats all folks !
Suffrin sucatash !
I tawt I saw a puddytat !
Ehhh...wats up doc ?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 03:30 am
@IRFRANK,
Thank god for that Frank, he was a more than a bit over the top.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:04 am
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:
Hmph. I must be the only nerd who hasn't watched that series.

If you like SyFy stuff, you'd probably enjoy it. I've never watched Grey's and probably won't since there'd be so much to catch up on. Aren't they, like, in their 20th season or something?
DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 11:08 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
Came to talk about the draft.

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

Didn't feel too good about it.
0 Replies