The 'Finn knows more about Politics than Cycloptichorn' thread #2

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:35 pm
Per the terms of our bet earlier this year. I bet that the Dems would hold the House, but they have pretty much lost it at this point.

I felt pretty good about my chances of winning for most of this year; up until I saw this:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/oct2010/db20101029_901598.htm

Quote:
Poll: Americans Don't Know Taxes Fell
Likely voters in the midterm elections believe taxes have gone up, the economy has shrunk, and money lent to banks won't be recovered

By Heidi Przybyla and John McCormick
SPECIAL REPORT
Campaign 2010

(Bloomberg)—The Obama administration cut taxes for middle-class Americans, expects to make a profit on the hundreds of billions of dollars spent to rescue Wall Street banks and has overseen an economy that has grown for the past four quarters.

Most voters don't believe it.

A Bloomberg National Poll conducted Oct. 24-26 finds that by a two-to-one margin, likely voters in the Nov. 2 midterm elections think taxes have gone up, the economy has shrunk, and the billions lent to banks as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program won't be recovered.

"The public view of the economy is at odds with the facts, and the blame has to go to the Democrats," said J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., a Des Moines, Iowa-based firm that conducted the nationwide survey. "It does not matter much if you make change, if you do not communicate change."

How very true. I lost confidence in my prediction at the end, but it would have been unseemly to give up on it right at the end, so. Congratulations to Finn on his accurate and early prediction.

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,215 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 12:16 am
The republicans have chanted the lie that the stimulas dident create any jobs for the economy for two years. Repeat a lie often enough and it takes on the aura of truth. Its something the republicans do very well, lie about everything.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 05:13 am
@Cycloptichorn,
A true man of honor, Cy. Always knew you were.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 12:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
"The public view of the economy is at odds with the facts, and the blame has to go to the Democrats," said J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., a Des Moines, Iowa-based firm that conducted the nationwide survey. "It does not matter much if you make change, if you do not communicate change."

Excuse me. Isn't there a group of people in America that are sometimes referred to as the news media?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 09:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't know why I couldn't find this in "New Posts," but I have now.

This was a poor bet on your part Cyclo, but you paid up in full and with grace.

Thanks

0 Replies