American Workers Pay Cut

pistoff

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 07:37 am
The Senate and the House defeated the outrageous killing of overtime pay for millions of workers posed by the Labor Dept. Now the Dubya Dufuses are trying to ram this through via the Omnbus Bill. If the House and Senate try to defeat this Dubya is threatening to veto the entire Bill. Some Senators say that they will not back down. Let the Dubya Dufus veto it and let the American workers know how much contempt he has for them.

Some states now have mandatory overtime. This new law would make workers do overtime and not get paid any extra or it.

Also, the right to work laws in some states means they can fire a worker and need not give any reason for it.

The Middle Class & Working Poor are under attack from the Neo con scum.

If any of these things become a national standard along with the outsourcing and exporting of mfg. jobs America will be a 3rd world country with scant labor or civil rights.

I hope the American people wake to how this country is being destroyed and do something about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 11:28 pm
I"ve said it before. Conservatives are SCUM.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:16 am
Even though I know it...
the greed and arrogance of the Admin. and the multii-corps still surprises me. I mean the depth and breadth of it.

The Middle Class and Small Business are really the heart of America's strength and the greedy, scumbags are trying to decimate the Middle Class and destroy unions.

If these events keep going I wonder if the American workers will rise up and protest in the streets. Small towns all over tis country are being destroyed and people are losing their jobs and homes while these greedy bastards are accumlating more wealth and barracading themselves in gated wealthy communities.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 09:43 am
Let them eat cake.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:55 pm
The US will become a fascist state, before descending into anarchy. Of this I have absolutely no doubt.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 01:58 pm
Anyone who disagrees should look at events around the time of WWII. The US came within a whisker of naziism then.

A quote I heard by an American historian who lived through the time.
"This country didn't fascism by much. I know, I was there". Wish I could remember the gentleman's name.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 02:02 pm
Consider comments by Percy, McGentrix, Fedral,and the fortunately departed Italgato and tell me that fascist sentiment isn't alive and well.
0 Replies