Prediction: The Republican Party is on the verge of collapse

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 12:55 am
The democratic party is at a crossroads. It has no clear leader, no clear philosophy, and Bush has used this to push through extremely conservative legislation that alienates many of the libertarians that make up the party as well..

Democrats can sit around whining as most of the libertarians now seem to be doing. Or both groups can use this as an oppurtunity to reevaluate their beliefs, ideologies and alliances. They could use this as a means to form a new breed of liberal ideology, the libertarian left. Fiscal responsibility, simpler clearer laws, less bueracracy, minimal govt. interference. But still some degree of aid to the lower class, these should the driving forces behind the new ideology. Perhaps throw in a little something to lure in the southren demographic too. Something about the deteriation of civil liberties and privacy and all that. And the candidate that wins the primaries should reflect precisely this trend as Dean already seems to.

So now, if they just get the message across, I see a blossoming for both groups.

Link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,163 • Replies: 11
No top replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:02 am
Dubya and gang are not Republicans
The are neo con scum.

I am in the Green Party and have more in common with real Repubs than these bungling thieves do.

I feel now that the Neo cons are going to do themselves in. America may not be politically astute but most people are not downright stupid. I think they are starting to see how the thieving bunglers are ruining their country.

Now is not the time to coast. Everyone that sees how rotten these scum are should keep up the fight to get rid of them.

Honesty: The reason that I keep posting the God comment is because I am so pissed off that Dubya, the fool really thinks that any God would instruct him. What an arrogant, freakin', twit he is!!!!! Would Jesus approve of that?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 02:32 pm
the point of the thread is not to criticize neo cons. God knows even most conservatives hate them.

the point of this thread is to discuss how to use these neo cons to turn most americans including conservatives away from the republican party.

i propose this be done with a fusion of libertarian and liberal views. similar to how conservatives swept up all the libertarians with their "liberal economic policies." the liberals should expose these liberal policies for what they are, fiscally irresponsible handout to campaign contributors, and instead focus the publics attention on social issues, the "patriotic act" of stripping away civil liberties, free speech zones, among the many many other criticisms brought up by conservatives against the bush administration.

none of the criticisms need to be made by liberals themselves. there are already enough out there that the entire campaign can consist of quoting famous respected people's criticisms of each of bush's policies. perhaps start with the quote by the noble peace price winning economist that the is the most fiscally irresponsible administration in America's 200 year old history.

this is the key victory.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:23 pm
That's more like neo-clones than neo-cons. They hark back to John Birch and that gang.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:32 pm
I can get you a very good deal on a second hand bridge out of Brooklyn. Time and wear has worn it pretty much out, and it will have to be closed soon. Here's an opportunity to make a lot of money by tearing down the bridge and selling the steel for scrap. Send your cash bid to Asherman and someday maybe you'll be rich, famous, and pretty.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:25 pm
Asherman, just curious. I know you're a conservative. About several issues, I'm as well. I'm wondering if you agree with some of the things the Bush Administration is doing.

Billions of dollars in handouts to prescription drug companies.

Taking away the govt's right to negotiate for lower prices on drugs.

The blatant disregard for fiscal responsibility and rise in pork barrel politics.

The patriot acts letting the govt indefinately hold people in jail without pressing charges or giving them a trial or lawyer or telling them why they're in jail.

The sodomy laws that let the govt. regulate what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

The patriot acts 2 that let the cia monitor citizen's emails and phone conversations without a warrant.

Restricting antibush protestor to freedom zones miles away from the media while allowing in the pro bush protestors as close as they want to get.

And countless other policies that I don't think conservatives agree with.

I think it's actions like this that will ultamitely be Bush's undoing once they get publicized.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:25 pm
Asherman, just curious. I know you're a conservative. About several issues, I'm as well. I'm wondering if you agree with some of the things the Bush Administration is doing.

Billions of dollars in handouts to prescription drug companies.

Taking away the govt's right to negotiate for lower prices on drugs.

The blatant disregard for fiscal responsibility and rise in pork barrel politics.

The patriot acts letting the govt indefinately hold people in jail without pressing charges or giving them a trial or lawyer or telling them why they're in jail.

The sodomy laws that let the govt. regulate what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

The patriot acts 2 that let the cia monitor citizen's emails and phone conversations without a warrant.

Restricting antibush protestor to freedom zones miles away from the media while allowing in the pro bush protestors as close as they want to get.

And countless other policies that I don't think conservatives agree with.

I think it's actions like this that will ultamitely be Bush's undoing once they get publicized.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:00 am
My brother, who is generally more "liberal" than I am (i.e. pretty far to the left), is saying that a Bush win in 2004 may be a good thing in the long run.

The problem is, the consequences of Bush's wreckless acts won't bite for another four years. In three or four years, the Medicade act will start to hurt seniors, we will still be mired in a mess in Iraq and it will be clear that Bush policy was disasterous. The cost of Health care will continue to rise and many small businesses will be priced out of the market. The deficit will keep rising to record levels while the rich get richer.

Bush and the republicans are screwing up the nation, let's let them be there to take the blame when it all collapses.

When this happens, Americans will wake up. We will be guaranteed a moderate Democratic government for a generation.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 03:43 pm
Well, it only took about four and a half years, but I'm happy to see that this prediction seems to be coming true.

e_brown, are you per chance related to Nostradamus?
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:02 pm
Re: Prediction: The Republican Party is on the verge of coll
Centroles wrote:
The democratic party is at a crossroads. It has no clear leader, no clear philosophy,

The Democrat Party is on the verge of civil war. The battle will be between Obama's latte-drinking elitist libs and Hillary's poor white trash.

Today I saw an advertisement on another board for a site at which one of the New York papers is claiming that Obama received zero votes in Harlem(sp?). How did this happen? I thought Diebold only worked for the Republicans.

Quote:
and Bush has used this to push through extremely conservative legislation that alienates many of the libertarians that make up the party as well..

Such as? What "extremely conservative" legislation are you talking about?

Quote:
Perhaps throw in a little something to lure in the southren demographic too.

Such as?

Quote:
Basically, the article points out that the new breed of conservatism that Bush has wrought, big govt,

Who started the myth that conservatives are inherently opposed to government? Obviously it was someone who has never read anything of Burke or Hamilton and who knows nothing of the reasons why the Constitution was written (to create a more powerful government because the weak government that we had couldn't compensate society for human nature). To a conservative, government is necessary and the amount of government that is acceptable is always the amount that is needed at the moment. Government must do whatever society needs to have done but which individuals and the private sector either cannot or will not do.

[quoteThe bulk of the younger "republicans" out there in my experience are truly libertarians at heart.[/quote]

Legal drugs and free love will do that for most people who won't learn from the past and don't worry about the future.
Centroles

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:24 am
@flaja,
So much for the civil war between Hillary and Obama.

The republican party however is on the verge of being chased out by an angry screaming mob with pitchforks.
Asherman

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 09:33 am
@Centroles,
Its been five years since you predicted the demise of the GOP, yet its still here.

As we go into the final six weeks of the Presidential campaign, the race is still to close to call. The Democratic Party is running an inexperienced, but charismatic youngster for President against a mature military hero with vast experience. The GOP candidate has long been known for his willingness to reach beyond, and sometimes against his own Party to change the way Washington does business, the Democratic challenger has written a book and given some rousing speeches calling for change, but has done nothing effective nor risky to accomplish it. The most vocal enemies of America call for a Democratic Party victory. Not surprisingly, support has recently been shifting in favor of the McCain-Palin ticket.

Campaign rhetoric has, as usual, become a frenzy of exaggeration and accusations of lying and deceit. With a little over six weeks remaining, anything could happen. The most likely emerging "issue" is the economic crisis that is hammering markets around the world. The candidates, of course, will focus on the problems as they unfold here at home. Everyone will be looking for some scapegoat to blame, even though the crisis has arisen from forces beyond the control of any person, agency, administration, or Congress. Even so, historically the administration in power during times of economic crisis will almost always be blamed by the voters.

Gov. Palin picked as the GOP VP was an unwelcome distraction to the Obama campaign, and the economic crisis is something that may well shift the tide back in favor of the Democrats. Its too early to tell, and much can still happen over the next 45 days.

0 Replies