Who will you vote for?

Malmo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 04:50 pm
When will politicians learn? We are a week from the midterm elections and all this years politicians can to is assign blame and point out faults. We want to know, WHAT you will do for US if we elect you. Stop finding fault with your opponents and tell us why we should vote for you. Apparently none of the politicians this year are not qualified at all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,210 • Replies: 12
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 04:54 pm
@Malmo,
This is a time dishonored method held by most short minded politicians and their war cabinet of PR marketeers and lawyers.

No one politician wants to take his or her own finger off of the attack ad trigger because they're afraid that they'll continue to be shot at by their respective challenger and political opponents.
Malmo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 04:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Then they should lead by example. Ignore the chatter and be up front with their intentions.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 05:02 pm
@Malmo,
You're preaching to the converted. I'd rather know what policies and platforms the particular candidates are running on rather then whether they've heard the latest rumor that their candidate might have worn a dress at a high school Halloween party, etc....
Malmo

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 05:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sorry did not mean to preach. Just frustrated.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:16 pm
Why would any politician in their right mind set about demonstrating a platform and policies when it is not required of them? I would have to be more forthright in a job application to Walmart than these guys are. And who among them wants the troublesome accountability that would undoubtedly ensue?
No no. A simple "D" or "R" and a worthy mechanism for slinging mud will suffice. This is a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" scenario as far as politicians are concerned. The nature of US politics has the electorate by the short hairs. You gotta vote for someone. What are you gonna do? Not vote for any of them?

Actually... That's exactly what I do.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 09:29 pm
@Malmo,
Quote:
When will politicians learn?

The fact is that politicians have learned. They have learned that Americans are swayed by anger and fear. They have learned that spending more money on slick television ads results in votes. And they have learned that attack ads are the most effective ads that money can buy and that cheap slogans work where in depth logic doesn't.

How have politicians learned? The Swift boat ads won a presidency as did Willie Horton before that. The stimulus package that every non-partisan economist says was necessary and successful is no a political liability. Completely untrue stories of death panels still have an effect on this election.

It is all nice and good to think that politicians who are positive, direct and forward facing will be respected and rewarded by the American public. In truth the exact opposite is true, Americans reward misleading tactic, divisive simplistic demagoguery and fear mongering with their votes.

It is wrong to blame the politicians for giving Americans what we obviously want.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 11:14 pm
@thack45,
Sure. After all, a decision to do nothing is a decision.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 06:16 am
I will not vote for any Obama democrats.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 06:20 am
interesting, i don't think attack ads go far enough, i'd allow outright lies, with no consequence, that would liven things up

not that there aren't outright lies now, but stuff like one candidate clothes are made entirely of puppy skin, another bathes in the blood of babies, the more outrageous the better
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 10:54 am
@djjd62,
DJ lives in a house built with kitten skeletons. He robs the graves of other people's grandmothers and uses their corpses to fuel his baby seal fat rending facility.

Do you want this man to legalize and fund a massive federal program that pays excons to throw lit fireworks at your children as they head off to school each morning? That's his campaign's signature promise!

My name is Tsarstepan and I approve this message!
Brought to you by the Society against DJ who is a Monstrous Clone of Adolf Hitler from the Boys from Brazil Project and He Eats Babies Alive Too Project
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/american_flag_fireworks_animated.gif
djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 11:02 am
@tsarstepan,
i always barbecue babies before eating them, cooks some of the fat off
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 09:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Sure. After all, a decision to do nothing is a decision.
Aaahh... ya got me! I am anothing doer. So what is your stance on nothing doers?
0 Replies