Make a campaign ad against GW and the other neoconservatives

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 10:34 pm
There's a great new contest up. I encourage all of you to check it out and submit your ideas for anti-bush political ads.

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/aboutbush.html

Some ideas they left off include...

How his extermely partisan focus and his anything for his supporters attitude has pushed through billions of dollars in sweetheart deals to big businesses and pharmacetical companies effectively splitting the nation in half at a time when the need for national unity is greater than ever.

How his lack of financial restriant, uncontrolled spending at tough economic times, refusal to take a stand against pork barrel politcs, allowed for the balloning of the federal defecit in favor of big govt.

How his blatant disregard for seperation of church and state and equal rights for all including gays is only ostracizing people and increasing the national divide.

How his constant insistance that all those who protest opposing his policies be restricted to "free speech" zones miles away from anywhere he or the media will be (or risk criminal prosecution) while allowing those who support him to get as close as they want.

We can use this thread as a relay station where we can brainstorm and tweak ideas. Perhaps someone here with the resources can even put the ad together and submit it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 835 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Centroles

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:05 pm
Here's my idea, lets make an ad that's a conglomeration of all the criticism's that staunt conservative sources have made of bush's policies. Liberals already hate him. Why not push conservatives away from him as well?

Here's an example...

As stated in The American Conservative - a stuantly conservative magazine...

"This president deserves to be criticized. Sharply. By anyone who believes in limited, constitutional government.

First, George W. Bush, despite laudable personal and family characteristics, is remarkably incurious and ill read. Gut instincts can carry even a gifted politician only so far. And a lack of knowledge leaves him vulnerable to simplistic remedies to complex problems, especially when it comes to turning America into the globe's governess.

Second, despite occasional exceptions, the Bush administration, backed by the Republican-controlled Congress, has been promoting larger government at almost every turn. Its spending policies have been irresponsible, and its trade strategies have been destructive. The president has been quite willing to sell out the national interest for perceived political gain, whether the votes sought are from seniors or farmers. The terrorist attacks of 9/11 encouraged the administration to push into law civil-liberties restrictions that should worry anyone, whether they are wielded by a Bush or a Clinton administration.

The president and his aides have given imperiousness new meaning. Officials are apparently incapable of acknowledging that their pre-war assertions about Iraq's WMD capabilities were incorrect; indeed, they resent that the president is being questioned about his administration's claims before the war. They are unwilling to accept a role for Congress in deciding how much aid money to spend."

There are literally thousands of reasons why conservatives and republicans alike should dislike bush. Why not play up these issues this election?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:18 pm
If there are ANY other criticisms you have on Bush that aren't already stated in either the linked website or the above posts, PLEASE take the time to list them. The more comprehensive a strategy we have, the better. Unless, you request otherwise, I'll edit in these criticisms into the original post.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:21 pm
Just have some footage of these quotes...

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
"Please don't kill me." (mocking Carla Fey Tucker's plea to then Texas Governor Bush to stop her execution)
"By far the vast majority of my tax cuts go to the bottom end of the spectrum."
"I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation building."
"One of the ways we've got to make sure that we keep our economy strong is to be wise about how we spend our money. If you overspend, it creates a fundamental weakness in the foundation of economic growth. And so I'm working with Congress to make sure they hear the message -- the message of fiscal responsibility."
- George W Bush

Cheney is an easy target as well. In a word, Halliburton.

And others...
"We are able to keep his arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt." - Condaleeza Rice on Saddam (7/01)

"He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours." - Colin Powell on Saddam (2/01)

"I'm not reading this. This is bullshit." - Colin Powell on a draft of the report to the UN

Overlay those on top of this picture of Rumsfeld and Saddam:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg

Can we get a picture of Bush and Kenneth Lay at a baseball game together?

Maybe we can stick Neil Bush's plunder of Savings & Loan in there somehow too. Take all the family and friends down together. Make them all out to be crooks.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:43 pm
Centroles wrote:
There are literally thousands of reasons why conservatives and republicans alike should dislike bush. Why not play up these issues this election?

I agree.
The nation-building, the uncontrolled spending, and throw his christinity into question, subtly.
The point driven across should be that the Democratic candidate will be more fiscally responsible yet not raise taxes for the poor, better at foreign policy, and is a better christian. That should take away just about every excuse.

Christian leaders from the Pope to Pat Robertson all supported born-again Christian, Carla Fey Tucker's quest to prevent her execution while Bush mocked her hopelessness.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 01:00 am
Lets not make any qualms about it. Lets attack him at the heart.

We splice in direct statements he made about...

how he favors small govt.

how we doesn't think the US army should be used for nation building.

how he values liberty

how he will fight for the working man

basically all the stuff that he said to convince libertarians to back him.

with the facts of what he actually did

how the patriot acts rip civil rights to shreds

etc. etc. etc.

end with, is this the man you voted for?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:26 am
Did God Really Instruct GW?
If God instructs GW why are things so fouled up?
We know that God isn't stupid.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 08:43 am
Maybe they could just run a bunch of quotes by lunatics who thought they were talking to God like..

Andrea Yates saying God told her to drown her kids in the baththub

Hitler saying he was under special protection from God.

Jim Jones, David Koresh, the Trade Center bombers - I'm sure there are many others.

Then you could run pistoff's signiture quote.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 10:58 am
no, the key is to attack him about the things conservatives care about. most conservatives do believe in god and those that dont are already pissed off that he made all those statements.

frankly, i don't care what the man believes. what i care about are his action. he could believe that he is god for all i care, just as long as he fixes, healthcare, the economy, the defecit and education, i would happily vote for him.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 07:16 am
they got some good ads up. i hope they get enough donatons to air all of them.
0 Replies