Synthetic Thoughts for a Meta Dialectics...

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 11:48 pm
...How to beat Hegel in five minutes...

This is not to be taken at true value but more as a late night blitz of the mind...thought it was...besides a bit pretentious, interesting enough to post for the sake of fun and creative thinking...Now you all, bring in the hammer !... Wink

Thesis + Antithesis = Synthesis

Synthesis + Anti Synthesis = Meta Synthesis

Synthesis = Finity = Unity = Being = Pattern loop = Love

Anti Synthesis = Infinity = Motion = Entropy = Phenomenological Perpetual Negation

Meta Synthesis = Trans Rationality = Absoluteness = Meta Functionality
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 17

fresco

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 12:42 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Good game!

Since you are interested in fundamental patterns, note that the "magic number three" can be extended beyond Hegelian dialectics to encompass, "the Holy Trinity", the three Gunas of Hinduism, and the esoteric "Law of Three" (Gurdjieff).
Razzleg

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 12:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
loaded words minus meaningful context equals tiresome nonsense.

hammer broughten.
Ding an Sich

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

This is not to be taken at true value but more as a late night blitz of the mind...thought it was...besides a bit pretentious, interesting enough to post for the sake of fun and creative thinking...Now you all, bring in the hammer !... Wink

Synthesis + Anti Synthesis = Meta Synthesis

Synthesis = Finity = Unity = Being = Pattern loop = Love

Anti Synthesis = Infinity = Motion = Entropy = Phenomenological Perpetual Negation

Meta Synthesis = Trans Rationality = Absoluteness = Meta Functionality

You did not beat Hegel. You forgot to write a 500+ page book on your topic (whatever it may be) that wins the hearts of the German people. Oh yea and it has to involve being-in-itself, being-for-itself, and being-in-and-for-itself, along with randomly capitalized letters throughout the text. Not only that, but it has to rely on an outdated Logic system (Aristotle) in order to reach the Absolute, which is not mathematical but dynamic (Kantian terms). Oh yes and you have to write a follow up book to your magnum opus that deals with, once again, an altered version to an outdated system of Logic.

Good luck! Let me know when you publish your badboy magnum opus. Ill be the first in line to read it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:28 am
@Razzleg,
...input taken "Razzy" !
For a transcendental idea a transcendent answer...
In fact I do not grasp your fuzzy "intensity" !
Relax, sit back, and have a Scotch old chap... Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 06:39 am
@Ding an Sich,
1 - This is not a mechanical System of relation at best a transcendental one...its an Idea, a concept....upon Infinity´s with size...(shape)
So given previous set example by Hegel I can do as I please...

2 - I do not intend to write any book, less alone a Cosmological System....the system is in my mind and it will stay there, don´t you worry...so no "magnum opus" running loose in this world...who knows, maybe in an alternate reality ! He he he...

3 - The point was not to "beat" Hegel conceptually, but to bring is system from Finity to Infinity...and it was mainly intended as a "game".
Your remark is out of context !
Ding an Sich

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

1 - This is not a mechanical System of relation at best a transcendental one...its an Idea, a concept....upon Infinity´s with size...(shape)
So given previous set example by Hegel I can do as I please...

Transcendental as in the Kantian "transcendental"?
Idea as in the Platonic "Idea"?

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

2 - I do not intend to write any book, less alone a Cosmological System....the system is in my mind and it will stay there, don´t you worry...so no "magnum opus" running loose in this world...who knows, maybe in an alternate reality ! He he he...

Well that's one less piece of nonsense literature I have to read in philosophy.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

3 - The point was not to "beat" Hegel conceptually, but to bring is system from Finity to Infinity...and it was mainly intended as a "game".
Your remark is out of context !

Well you sure did not do that because your words lack meaning.

Hegel, if I am not mistaken, did end up at the Infinite by the end of his Phenomenology (Absolute Knowing).
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:10 am
Given already proven necessity, as expected...a sidestep comment:

For those minds around with an"unplugged" tendency for building meaning and thus having trouble with intuitive ideas and unpretentious mind games let me then to simply clarify that evolution of Evolution was the motto ! No more no less...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:18 am
@Ding an Sich,
1 - Have you anything more then babbling and punching against water ???

2 - I barely can wonder the messy confusion in which you assert the true value to what is or is not to be nonsensical...but one thing is to be certain, I don´t even want to get "enlightened" on that concern...
Ding an Sich

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

1 - Have you anything more then babbling and punching against water ???

Well I am sorry if I want to know what on earth you mean by certain words. I want to get to the heart of the matter instead of, as you so elegantly put it, "babbling and punching against water". We can spin magical golden threads in the sky all day, but I want to get at what you are trying to say. In order to that, I need to know what you mean by the words you are using.

I cold very well put up a thread along the same lines, but I doubt it will get anyone anywhere, much less get us anywhere closer to philosophical insight.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:02 pm
If not an Anti synthesis, then what would be like the description of the "relational movement outwards " every synthesis considering each Universe, with the same rules of Nature and specific initial conditions, is in itself a Synthesis ?...Meta- Synthesis would be at such light the trams-rational and meta functional collection of all possible initial conditions and their necessary development in a Multiverse all encompassing Absolute background...
Razzleg

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:10 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

If not an Anti synthesis, then what would be like the description of the "relational movement outwards " every synthesis considering each Universe, with the same rules of Nature and specific initial conditions, is in itself a Synthesis ?...Meta- Synthesis would be at such light the trams-rational and meta functional collection of all possible initial conditions and their necessary development in a Multiverse all encompassing Absolute background...

i have to admit, Fil, i find the quote above even more confusing than the original post. Neologistic jargon linked by vague mathematical functions isn't likely to strike the casual observer as a recognizable anything, much less a game. It's rather like re-carving chess pieces and then moving them about on the board in an unrecognizable pattern: there's no reason to expect anyone else to follow what on earth you're doing.

It's not as if i object to this sort of shorthand on principle. Hoobie-doobie knows, i've got a couple of notebooks full of something similar. But given that i am incapable of giving an account of the content of your posts in this thread, i must object to the form. Your original post seems to be seeking some version of a resolution of the ontological conflict between the, not terribly unusual, ideas of being and becoming, by insinuating a third, yet higher term between these two principles. Perhaps i am a poor interpreter of your intent, but i have to say that, lacking a crib-sheet, i am lost as to why i should be persuaded as to the "existence" of such a third term, much less grasp its nature and implications. If you truly wished to out-Hegel Hegel, you have managed to do so, but only by increasing the obscurity of your meaning in comparison to an often difficult-to-read philosopher.

...Scotch had and greatly enjoyed...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 06:43 am
@Razzleg,
Considering the elegant "advise" in your reply I can only assume you have a good taste for Scotch... Wink
...Nevertheless bare in mind my initial Sentence on the thread when I said "...This is not to be taken at true value but more as a late night blitz of the mind..." so that what was proposed, it was what it was, and never attempted to be anything else...thus no pretension here, only hobby at work...

Again your wasting time to give me back some input on my late night nonsense was greatly appreciated. Cheers !

Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 06:46 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
Since you are interested in fundamental patterns, note that the "magic number three" can be extended beyond Hegelian dialectics to encompass, "the Holy Trinity", the three Gunas of Hinduism, and the esoteric "Law of Three" (Gurdjieff).

fresco

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 06:55 am
@djjd62,
Hegel is rocking in his grave ! Cool
0 Replies

Arjuna

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 06:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I don't know if you ever saw the picture I posted on the philforum showing what my dog did to my copy of Phenomenology. I imagine it took about five minutes. E-books are definitely the way to go if you have philosophy carnivores roaming your halls.... as I do.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

The yin/yang symbol pictures how thesis and antithesis are related. Each hides the other within it.

Like freedom versus determined. Neither makes sense without the other. So just realizing that they're two sides of the same coin... (a single concept) could be thought of as having arrived at synthesis.

What's likely to be the case though, is that I'm firm on one side of the coin... but weak on the other. That's generally because of emotional anchoring. Call it cultural (I'm an American... so take a wild guess which side of the freedom/determined coin I would be firm and clear on) but really... culture is only a language for it. It's just as likely to be some personal crapola that leaves me stuck so I can say all day long that I know the other side is undeniable, but it's really just a funny game to me to consider this.

I still think that if A is true... then negative-A can't be. Whatever side I'm strong on is going to squash the other side and leave me with only one truth. Synthesis only exists as an intellectual thing... it hasn't really come home to me yet that both sides are undeniable. I may remain this way until I die. Or the emotional anchoring could become unwound. Does it make any difference which? You and I both know that what is to come... has, in a sense, already happened.

Bottom line is: there's a path in front of you... put foot to path and walk.

Main thing I wanted to tell you is: Cogito Ergo Sum.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 08:31 pm
@Arjuna,
Hi Arjuna ! I do empathise with your need for freedom as I am mostly not bounded by many of the Society daily choices...l´air du temps makes me cough!...
...so in the very light of my thinking I do recognize the personnel paradox of my heartily demands as the "freedom" to be what I must...I guess you sided the very right part of the coin, the very same who makes you true and honest in Philosophy as Kierkegaard probably would have wanted us all to be...I admire that, it makes the difference in the forum...

American culture despite of its expressive and colourful loudness plus all that can be said against it, is greatly appreciated everywhere, even for those who try to hide it...Europe will always be in great debt to the United States and I like to think that we have memory and now the ground in which we walk...at least I do !

Let me also tell you that your dog its a phenomena by itself...

As for the walking...I eventually will do it as we all do.

Thanks for the advise and your always inspiring words.

See you around ! Wink
Arjuna

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:10 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes, he is definitely a phenomenon... and he's insane.

Need for freedom is a lack of it. Having or identifying with will is about psychology and ethics.. matters of the heart... knowing the grand psychic landscape that is yourself. Filling up the answer to who am I with the multitude of reflections the mirror of the world gives and sensing the one who looks out of its eyes at the mirror.

The United States has no debt to Europe except for most of it's culture and genotype.... other than that we're pure original! But I do owe a debt to you! Adeus, dude!
0 Replies