Who is Miss Naomi Mobioh and why is she sending me spam?

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:09 pm
I haven't changed a single iota. And there's no way I could make the stuff up. So who's Miss Mobioh, of the Japan email address sending me this scam from wherever "ymail.com" is located?

I just changed the @ in her email address it was a live link. Don't click on it

Quote:
NAOMI MOBIOH
<[email protected]> Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Reply-To: naomim91 at yahoo.co.jp

Dear,
I am introducing my self as Miss. NAOMI MOBIOH, the only Daughter of late Mr. and Mrs ROLAND HERVE MOBIOH, I wish to request for your assistance in a financial Transaction.

And I wish to invest in Manufacturing and real estate management in your country. I have Six million Five hundred thousand united states dollars.USD ($6.500, 000) to invest in your country, and I will require your assistance in helping me stand as my foreign guardian to claim this (Consignment) money out from security company to your country,

t consignment was deposited in Africa and was letter lifted to Europe where the consignment is now under the care of the security company diplomat in Europe.

I will be gladly to give you 25% out of the total sum for your honest assistance. Please it's very important you contact me immediately on my private e-mail Sad naomim91 at yahoo.co.jp )

For further explanation on the whole entire work plan.

Awaiting your immйdiate rйponse

Regards
Naomi

And are those Russian letters near the end there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 4,283 • Replies: 29
Topic Closed

View best answer, chosen by electronicmail
djjd62

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:11 pm
sounds like a good deal, you should go for it
electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:13 pm
@djjd62,
After you Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:15 pm
@electronicmail,
spam spam spam.... delete asap!
electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:19 pm
@Izzie,
I know it's a scam and spam. I put that in the title and on the forum topic line. The links are disabled: I replaced @ with at but otherwise the text is exactly as I got it. I just want to know why I'm on the mailing list of that scammer.
roger

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:34 pm
@djjd62,
You're right. What can he lose.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:40 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Awaiting your immйdiate rйponse

And are those Russian letters near the end there?

Yes.
Izzie
  Selected Answer

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:42 pm
@electronicmail,
I get spam everyday from people who have hacked other peoples email addresses and my name is on their list of friends. Drives me nuts but it goes straight into my junk file and unopended, even tho their names on it as being contacts of mine - and it's then deleted!

That's what the spamming companies do - they get hold of an address book... and wham... spam spam spam

just don't open it, delete immediately.

Enusre you have anti virus softward on your computer and don't open anything you don't recognise. They will have got your email from any number of places... each time you sign up to something your email goes out there... and folks are clever and spam it out.

Pain in the bahookie.

Hopefully, a techie like Robert, Nick or DrewDad who are hot on these things will come along and give you a better or more understandable explaination of what to do about it.

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.

Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming is universally reviled, and has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.[1]

edit: there are many threads about these scams... have a look around the board...

http://able2know.org/topic/131719-1

http://able2know.org/topic/123359-1
roger

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:45 pm
@Izzie,
But still, 25% of six million. . . .
JPB

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:48 pm
@roger,
really

and I bet it won't cost him much more than 10grand to get in on the deal.
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:48 pm
@roger,
Ahhhhhhh, but Reyn's lovely benefactor had 6,100,000... much better better - extra dosh to made on that one... now... what was that email add Wink

<smooches the Rat>

roger

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:49 pm
@Izzie,
I have to wonder if you wrote that before or after the pm I just sent.
electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 05:37 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Thanks.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 05:45 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

I get spam everyday from people who have hacked other peoples email addresses and my name is on their list of friends.

I never got one of those before. I mean I get plenty of spam but not the total scam kind this is. Is there any way to trace it? There's one Japanese e-mail address. One that looks US-based. Then there's the Russian letters. And the numbers are lifted from some European document that originally said 6,500.- except they write it 6.500,00 in Europe. You can see where they added the zeroes. I don't know how they write out these numbers in Japan or Africa, does anybody know?
0 Replies

HexHammer

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 06:56 pm
LOL! OP is a spammer or immensly stupid, either way it's bad.
electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:11 pm
@HexHammer,
That's not the question here. Everybody knows it's spam and a scam. The guys who say it's a good deal go for it are just joking. I just want to know where it came from and how I got on the spammer's mailing list.
Region Philbis

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:27 pm
@electronicmail,

i think they have software that generates 1000's of possible e-mail addresses.
it just happened to pick your's.
i've been getting those off and on for the last 10 years...
electronicmail

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 07:45 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

i think they have software that generates 1000's of possible e-mail addresses.
it just happened to pick your's.

Thanks, makes sense.
0 Replies

dadpad

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:07 pm
Do you email any friends reletives or businesses? Its possible one of those have been compromised. Their address book with your contact details are then out on the web.
Even if the friend/reletive was quick to realise and deleted the compramising software your adress is still out there.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:31 am
@roger,
Care to tell the rest of us what it was in that post that seemed wrong to you? I appreciated Izzie's info and I read both links in that post. Thanks to everyone else who replied to say I'm not alone in receiving these scam offers. A good day to all.