Iraq veteran said this

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:51 am
Soldier in Iraq-his story

URL: http://able2know.org/post/discuss/

This was posted on military.com "point/counterpoint" discussion group.

A soldier in Iraq said that an Iraqi friend he works with, woke up one night to hear and see rockets being fired by terrorists from his neighbor's backyard!
The troop said that his friend "took no action" He said that "most Iraqis don't have telephones but most possess a rifle and ammunition in their home."

Comment:

Can you believe that this troop describes an Iraqi civilian “friend”with a rifle in his home ; who refuses to shoot at terrorists who are firing rockets next to his backyard at night- killing our troops and probably little children as well- describes his Iraqi co-worker as HIS FRIEND !!?? Neither does his neighbors take any action!

What kind of military do we have that can't train and encourage Iraqi CIVILIANS to kill terrorists IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD !??.

Our damn military can encourage Americans to send our troops “CARE PACKAGES” with candy and goodies from home-but dare I suggest Americans send even a couple of walkie talkies or cell phones so this troop's “friend” can at least contact authorities if they don't have telephones.!

The U.S. Military brass and all the grunts over there should be ashamed of themselves. Here you have an Iraqi civilian who is the best recon man the U.S.military has, and they refuse to use him.

What a horrible example of the kind of people we are fighting for.. What a perfect example of the incompetence of those in charge: right up to the Commander-in-Chief !! I would guess that the same situation exists in Afghanistan also.

Mike Cohrman

[email protected]

p.s. for making these comments I was banned from posting on military.com anymore. I am unable to retrieve and post the original comments from this troop.
I guess asking embarrassing questions and making hard-to-deal with obsrvations is not welcome on military.com

Signed,

Mike Cohrman

[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,081 • Replies: 1
No top replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:09 am
Maybe the Iraq citizens think our solders are the terrorists rather than their neighbors?
0 Replies