wandeljw

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:58 am
It has become harder to recognize whether I am being insulted or not. The philosophy forum members make obscure references that probably would be rude if I actually understood what they were saying.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:59 am
Given how rarely they make any sense, i doubt that they know that themselves.
djjd62

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:48 am
i worry were heading towards a civility war
Letty

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 12:04 pm
@djjd62,
Please, dj. That is called war between the fates.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 12:05 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:

We disagree, which means that I'm right and you're wrong.

Wow. Infallibility on the internet, how did I miss that until now.

Because you're wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 12:06 pm
@djjd62,
Do we get to have a real cool flag with decals for the rear window of the pick-up?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 12:10 pm
@Setanta,
Could part of the problem be that some A2Kers think every post should be debated and/or ridiculed? It has the flavor of bullying just for the fun of it. The other person may not think it's fun. I've noticed that the men are usually the ones engaging in such debate/bullying.

I seldom post something because I want to get into a pissing match (debate) with others. Most of the time I just want to have a conversation with other A2Kers and learn more about them and their ideas. I guess some A2Kers get bored by such communication. Some make "fun" of the persons who don't enjoy such communication, showing no respect for them. I consider that to be bullying.

Am I wrong, Setanta?

BBB
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 01:44 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:

We disagree, which means that I'm right and you're wrong.

Wow. Infallibility on the internet, how did I miss that until now.

You don't really understand the concept of irony, do you?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 01:51 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yeppers, it's the endless whining about it gets my goat. ie does anyone actually read the "women/rape" thread?
Not even once.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 02:50 pm
I dare say I do enjoy a bit of mud 'rasslin now and again but I expect things to remain civil.

I hate it when people get all pissy and personal instead of presenting a decent argument.

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 02:53 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I dare say I do enjoy a bit of mud 'rasslin now and again but I expect things to remain civil.

I hate it when people get all pissy and personal instead of presenting a decent argument.

yeppers.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

engineer wrote:
About the only thing that mildly irritates me is when someone announces that they are putting a fellow poster on hold and that's just my personal idiosyncrasy.

I go along with that. There are several people whom i ignore, but i don't make a melodramatic point of announcing it. About the only time i comment on it is when someone else is quoting them in the midst of a discussion, and i feel compelled to point out that i don't read that member's posts. Otherwise, just scroll . . .

Compelled??? Sounds about right for an OCD...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:55 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

It rarely plays out that way, but yes, the "bye" is important.

A
R
T

Yes... Passing is such sweet sorrow... Bye; Keeps it civil...
Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:58 pm
@Letty,
Letty wrote:

Fates are fairies... What are you trying to say???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Do we get to have a real cool flag with decals for the rear window of the pick-up?

A special one for you with a tree growing up between two moons...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:07 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Could part of the problem be that some A2Kers think every post should be debated and/or ridiculed? It has the flavor of bullying just for the fun of it. The other person may not think it's fun. I've noticed that the men are usually the ones engaging in such debate/bullying.

I seldom post something because I want to get into a pissing match (debate) with others. Most of the time I just want to have a conversation with other A2Kers and learn more about them and their ideas. I guess some A2Kers get bored by such communication. Some make "fun" of the persons who don't enjoy such communication, showing no respect for them. I consider that to be bullying.

Am I wrong, Setanta?

BBB
[/guote]
Too much testosterone... It gets a hold of people at auctions too: You are not going to get this piece of junk before me if I have to pay three times what it will ever be worth...As soon as you see them sink their teeth into the idea of having it at any price you can just about break them, and send them home to momma with an empty bank account and a hand full of magic beans...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:11 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I tend to agree with you on this B. I don't post too much anymore, so I'm not really in this equation, but I see it happening to others.

The threads where this nonsense goes on get voted out of my view.
Fido

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 04:24 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I tend to agree with you on this B. I don't post too much anymore, so I'm not really in this equation, but I see it happening to others.

The threads where this nonsense goes on get voted out of my view.
What if the differences of opinion are legitimate and what if the attacks are illegitimate... I can't tell you how many times some one has said to me that I don't know anything, and after it is too late to get my money out of the hundreds of books I have read... It is just not fair... Is there a smiley of a little napoleon stomping his feet and kicking a log in the fire place???
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 05:04 pm
@Letty,
Letty wrote:

A Southern belle! Welcome. Don't worry about DJ grasping the nuance in war between the states and civil war, he's Canadian. Fido is just too dense for your states-fates wordplay.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 05:51 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Yes... Passing is such sweet sorrow... Bye; Keeps it civil...

If you're going to quote The Bard, clown, at least try to get it right: p a r t i n g is such sweet sorrow, fare thee well until the morrow.