Help with childcare assignment

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 06:57 pm
Hi everyone, just was wonderig if anybody could help me out.
Q1: identify an appropiate behaviour limit for both Sally (11) Jesse (4). Detail how you would express this limit to each child, takig into account differnt developmental stages?

I undertsand that each child will have to be approached in a differnt wag as a 4 year old will react differently and might e more of a challenge to. Get to cooperate. I'm just a little stuck on what to use as a limit and how to word it??? Just got me stuck....

Greatly apprectiate if someone could help

thanks
kind regards
Jenna
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,675 • Replies: 3
No top replies

squinney

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 07:12 pm
@Cleotheneo,
Hi, Jenna.

I assume you've already learned the developmental stages for each of the ages. Correct? Level of language, comprehension, control of impulses, length of attention span, etc? What have you learned so far?
0 Replies

Cleotheneo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 08:43 pm
Thanks for replying yes I have read all my module readings and that's is all included in there, I have a table outlining all the different developmental stages for a guide. I know what information needs to go in the answer I am just having real trouble wording it and putting it together, I don't know exactly how the teachers want me to approach the question.. And I contacted them but the lady wasn't helpful at all, she just said the answer in is your readings..? I'm confused
sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 06:00 am
@Cleotheneo,
Hmm... looks like you need to start with a limit. I'd take that to mean something that would apply to both, like "go to bed on time." (Or if it needs to be expressed in the negative, "don't stay up too late.")

How would you express that limit to each child?

I think once you figure out the limit, the rest of it will come pretty naturally from what you've read. If not the bedtime one, another one that would apply to both ages.
0 Replies