Angry The Far Left Joins The Tea Party in Condemning Obama's Neo-Stalinism

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:24 am
That's two leftists talking: http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/radio/2010/09/14/feingold_transcript
Quote:
One of the central themes of the Obama campaign, the presidential campaign, was to restore civil liberties, reverse these excesses, far beyond the issue of torture, sort of the whole panoply of radical powers that were asserted. There is a lot of anger on the left and among civil libertarians at what is perceived to be Obama's failure to carry through on that agenda. The ACLU executive director Anthony Romero recently said in a speech that he is, quote, "disgusted with" the president.

All those who support the U.S. Constitution are welcome to the Tea Party. Let's get our country back!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 6,206 • Replies: 65

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:31 am
@electronicmail,
Are you serious? They are attacking Obama for not doing enough of the things that you idiots are criticizing him for doing too much of!

These people aren't going to join the Republican party - for that is what the Tea Party is - anytime soon. They likely despise every position you stand for.

When you say 'let's get our country back!', it's just a vapid phrase used to show that you are angry, but don't know what to do to fix it. Sort of a flailing about method of governance.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:33 am
I love that neo-Stalinism horseshit . . . these clowns will say anything, so long as it sounds bad.
JPB

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:36 am
@electronicmail,
Get it back and do what with it, exactly? Until we stop swinging from one side of the party pendulum to the other we're in for more of the same no matter which party is in power. The Tea Party is a joke! It's a bunch of folks who are angry with the status quo but have absolutely no idea on how to fix anything other than more of the same. The tea party concept may have started out as a cross-party referendum on change, but it's really become about the Christian Right having a platform.
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:42 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
. . . but it's really become about the Christian Right having a platform.

I'd never have thought of that . . . but they sure have had the carpet jerked out from under them here recently . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:44 am
@Setanta,
I'm thinking neo-Trotskyism has a more sinister sound to it. Really Set say aloud "I need to get my jeep detailed and the chrome re-stalinized." bland bland bland.
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:45 am
@dyslexia,
Good point . . . and ax in the forehead would be a wonderful image for these jokes . . .
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:47 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

.. The tea party concept may have started out as a cross-party referendum on change, but it's really become about the Christian Right having a platform.
"Christian"? You heard anyone from the Tea Party speak in support of the pastor in GA raping the parishioners? It's a Baptist church, that's Christian enough for you? Read it and weep
Quote:
Jamal Parris, 23, told WAGA-TV in Atlanta that Bishop Eddie Long, leader of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, swept into his life and used him for sex .."I cannot get the sound of his voice out of my head, and I cannot forget the smell of his cologne, and I cannot forget the way he made me cry when I drove in his car on the way home, not able to take enough showers to get the smell of that man off my body," Parris said in the Tuesday broadcast.

I believe Parris and the other three men who came forward. More are on the way. The Tea Party supports the Constitution. Not the Christian churches.
electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:49 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I love that neo-Stalinism horseshit . . . these clowns will say anything, so long as it sounds bad.

These are leftist clowns being quoted, learn to read....
JPB

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:50 am
@electronicmail,
If you show me anyone on the Christian Right supporting Long then I'll take that as an example of the Tea Party not representing the Christian Right. Otherwise, try again.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:51 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Setanta wrote:

These are leftist clowns being quoted, learn to read....

Where did they mention the Tea Party at all? Or Neo-stalinism at all? I read the article. Did you? It doesn't seem so.

Are you an example of the average level of intelligence and political knowledge of the so-called tea partiers?

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:51 am
@JPB,
You want me to prove a negative?
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:52 am
@electronicmail,
My reading is just fine . . . i suspect that it's not one of your strong suits, though . . .
JPB

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:53 am
@electronicmail,
No, I want you to give me examples of things that the Christian Right supports that the Tea Party doesn't.
electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm a Tea Party activist, I say so on my profile. I don't know if I'm typical or average of the membership but what difference does that make to you?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:56 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

I'm a Tea Party activist, I say so on my profile. I don't know if I'm typical or average of the membership but what difference does that make to you?

If you are typical and average, why do you believe that anyone should support such a party?

For it is perfectly clear that your level of analysis is shallow and your knowledge of politics is as well. I'm not saying that you aren't angry; I'm sure you are pissed off about something or the other, lots of people are. But you don't have any plans or solutions for fixing the problems that we are facing and the candidates you support don't either.

The truth is, more than the politicians in power, people like you are the problem. You are pissed and demand change, but too lazy to understand what that change would be, or to do the long and hard work to achieve it.

This thread, for example, is perfectly ridiculous. The piece you posted doesn't support your positions at all, not even in the slightest. The whole post makes no sense. What point were you trying to make, by showing that Obama gets criticized from the Left?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:56 am
@JPB,
Or, even easier... show me some Tea Party supported candidates, particularly those who have won in recent primaries, who don't represent the Christian Right.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:03 am
@JPB,
Top example is the foreign wars. We want to bring the troops home, the Christian pastors and Obama keep wanting to send more to yet more new wars.
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:05 am
This guy's a complete loon . . . you can't beat the free entertainment at this site . . .
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:13 am
@Setanta,
I kinda doubt that about your reading so I'll repost from my profile
Quote:
"....the late sociologist Robert K. Merton wrote that leaders get things wrong when their "paramount concern with the foreseen immediate consequences excludes the consideration of further or other consequences" of their proposals. This leads policy makers to assert things that are false, wishing them to be true."

The Tea Party has been saying that about Obama since day one, so two years later the leftists wake up and agree with us. Obama is a flake who's been lying all along.