Hey, what do you live for? Why do you live?

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:15 pm
I know Christians are living for God, but I am not a Christian. I don't know what I live for. I feel like a zombie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,618 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:21 pm
@stevenya,
zombies live to eat brains.

I tried 'em once. they're not for me...
stevenya

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:22 pm
@Rockhead,
I am serious.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:26 pm
@stevenya,
for the record, most christians don't live for God.

they live for themselves with God's blessing.

(they just get to know that they are going to heaven, and you're not)

I am still trying to discover my purpose, and I am twice your age...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:42 pm
@stevenya,
I don't know any Christians who "are living for God." Most Christians I know live in gratitude to God because they believe he's the one who has given them this wonderful life.

Me, I live because I'm not dead yet. What do I live for? To enjoy this lovely day and, hopefully, tomorrow and a few more after that.
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:01 pm
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

I know Christians are living for God, but I am not a Christian. I don't know what I live for. I feel like a zombie.

You probably are... Most people are the living dead, alive, but unaware of their own power, surrendered to fate... Why shouldn't you do that, go through the motions, detached, wishing your life away from payday to payday??? People hate their lives and do not even have the nads to protest; lives of quiet desparation said one... They eat their pain, morning, noon, and night, sleep on their pain, deny their pain, deny their lives, deny deny deny until they die... I could say, Why live that way??? Why not climb the nearest hill in the darkest part of night, stare up at the firmament, and howl out your anger at the miserable fate we all share, cursed with life, and blessed by death...At least you can forget the denial, not wish your life away like so many, and use what you have to commiserate with others, to share, to help, to care and love... We all have the same disease...We all have the same medicine... Open the bottle, and set yourself free...
0 Replies

Berty McJock

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 07:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
zombies live to eat brains.

I tried 'em once. they're not for me...

zombies or brains?

i hear zombies are nice with ketchup, brain goes better with a dollop of mayo.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
What do I live for? To enjoy this lovely day and, hopefully, tomorrow and a few more after that. >>

It's good that you enjoy nature, have something steady to look forward to, Not me though. It bores me to distraction. I get my kicks arguing on forums, doing crossword puzzles, solving ciphers, eating good food, watching sports, old movies and politics on TV.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:31 pm
Life is like a train journey so it's best to just sit back and try to enjoy the ride as best we can..Smile

"The night is nearly over, day is almost here" (Romans 13:12)
0 Replies