...like...."Nazi Germany's war on Terrorism"

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 03:50 pm
http://c0balt.com/resources/terror/terror.shtml

Is this site old news? It sounds a lot like current events....

NAZI GERMANY'S WAR ON TERRORISM

Hitler used the 1933 burning of the Reichstag (Parliament) building by a deranged Dutchman to declare a "war on terrorism," establish his legitimacy as a leader (even though he hadn't won a majority in the previous election).

"You are now witnessing the beginning of a great epoch in history," he proclaimed, standing in front of the burned-out building, surrounded by national media. "This fire," he said, his voice trembling with emotion, "is the beginning." He used the occasion - "a sign from God," he called it - to declare an all-out war on terrorism and its ideological sponsors, a people, he said, who traced their origins to the Middle East and found motivation for their "evil" deeds in their religion.

Two weeks later, the first prison for terrorists was built in Oranianberg, holding the first suspected allies of the infamous terrorist. In a national outburst of patriotism, the nation's flag was everywhere, even printed in newspapers suitable for display.

Within four weeks of the terrorist attack, the nation's now-popular leader had pushed through legislation, in the name of combating terrorism and fighting the philosophy he said spawned it, that suspended constitutional guarantees of free speech, privacy, and habeas corpus. Police could now intercept mail and wiretap phones; suspected terrorists could be imprisoned without specific charges and without access to their lawyers; police could sneak into people's homes without warrants if the cases involved terrorism.

To get his patriotic "Decree on the Protection of People and State" passed over the objections of concerned legislators and civil libertarians, he agreed to put a 4-year sunset provision on it: if the national emergency provoked by the terrorist attack on the Reichstag building was over by then, the freedoms and rights would be returned to the people, and the police agencies would be re-restrained.

Within the first months after that terrorist attack, at the suggestion of a political advisor, he brought a formerly obscure word into common usage. Instead of referring to the nation by its name, he began to refer to it as The Fatherland. As hoped, people's hearts swelled with pride, and the beginning of an us-versus-them mentality was sewn. Our land was "the" homeland, citizens thought: all others were simply foreign lands.

Within a year of the terrorist attack, Hitler's advisors determined that the various local police and federal agencies around the nation were lacking the clear communication and overall coordinated administration necessary to deal with the terrorist threat facing the nation, including those citizens who were of Middle Eastern ancestry and thus probably terrorist sympathizers. He proposed a single new national agency to protect the security of the Fatherland, consolidating the actions of dozens of previously independent police, border, and investigative agencies under a single powerful leader.

Most Americans remember his Office of Fatherland Security, known as the Reichssicherheitshauptamt and Schutzstaffel, simply by its most famous agency's initials: the SS.

And, perhaps most important, he invited his supporters in industry into the halls of government to help build his new detention camps, his new military, and his new empire which was to herald a thousand years of peace. Industry and government worked hand-in-glove, in a new type of pseudo-democracy first proposed by Mussolini and sustained by war.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 988 • Replies: 18
No top replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:59 pm
Without the references...
this could be the dubya scenerio.

The Israeli Govt. learned from the Nazis?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:12 pm
For the true beleivers, nothing the US does can be wrong. Consider comments made by one of them on this forum aproving various measures used by fascist governments in the past, and agreeing with comments attributed to Hitler, such as the comment about educated people being dangerous to the welfare of the nation.
These people exist. My own brother in law would applaud if all non caucasians were rounded up and sent to labour camps or merely exterminated. When one adds to this the pseudo-milenialist mindset that many of those on the far right share, and their desire for conflagration, I wonder how much longer the USA has?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:44 pm
Excuse but my skeptics red BS flag went up when I read this.

Do you have a reputable link that can confirm that Hitler used the words "war on terrorism". This seems like an anachronism.

I will need a pretty credible source to keep me from putting this in the extreme partisan rhetoric pile.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:46 pm
The quote is likely falsified, but the sentiment remains. Sad
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:48 pm
The Melting Pot or ...
the Smelting Pot. In the USA we have The Aryian Nations, The KKK, The Patriots, The Black Muslims, and a bunch of other groups that hate the Govt. of the USA and various other groups of people.

Add some to the list.

In my view, we haven't heard much about these groups in several years. You think they no longer exist?

This nation is a kettle that is simmering. The lid could blow off at any time. HATE is alive in the USA. The Far Left and the Far Right are in the wings, as well.

What keeps the kettle from blowing? I don't know. Do you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:57 pm
It's the death penalty acting as a deterrant.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:57 pm
I, for one, am pretty sick of hearing people invoke the name of Hitler for anyone they don't like. Frankly it is offensive and boorish. Have you all heard about the Haulocaust? Don't you think your political opinions are a bit petty to warrant defiling the memory of millions who died in a genocide.

I hate Bush as much as anyone. But until he starts putting women and children in gas chambers your shrill comments are way overboard.

PLEASE SHUT UP!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:21 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Have you all heard about the Haulocaust?

Is that a race for really big pickup trucks? Wink
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:40 pm
What's the difference between a gas chamber
and a smart bomb?

Dead is dead, and 50,000+ people in Iraq won't argue your point regardless of what your point is,
because they've been exterminated by Bush's ambition.

At least Hitler did it directly and clearly,
instead of sweeping it under the rug with superficial lies and petty excuses.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 03:13 am
PatriUgg wrote:
What's the difference between a gas chamber
and a smart bomb?

Dead is dead, and 50,000+ people in Iraq won't argue your point regardless of what your point is,
because they've been exterminated by Bush's ambition.

At least Hitler did it directly and clearly,
instead of sweeping it under the rug with superficial lies and petty excuses.

I think it ridiculous to compare the holcaust of about 7 millions with Iraq.

Hitler did it clearly, directly?

I agree, however, that some of Bush's method can be seen similar to those Hitler and the Nazis used.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:07 am
ebrown_p,

I think what hobitbob said- is my feeling, it does not matter about the "structure of the words", it is the similarity that blows the mind.

I cannot help you who feel disgust with the name of "hitler".

We are not the ones who suppressed freedoms and dictated way back then, and we do not support it now. All I ask, is that you wait... before you pass judgment.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:11 am
Feels like we may NEVER have a 'free' election in our country again.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Election officials and computer scientists are increasingly concerned that touch-screen electronic voting machines like the ones used in Georgia may be inaccurate and even susceptible to sabotage.

Among some Democrats, there is deep distrust developing about the devices, particularly since a top executive in the voting machine industry is a major fund-raiser for President Bush.

Industry officials insist that electronic balloting is reliable, accurate and secure and will help avert a repeat of the ballot-counting fiasco that held up results in Florida and sent the 2000 presidential election to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"Electronic voting is a good thing," said David Bear, spokesman for Ohio-based Diebold Inc., one of four companies that dominate the voting machine industry.

Diebold boasts a significant testimonial from Georgia's top election official, Secretary of State Cathy Cox, who declared the state's conversion to the system "a tremendous success."

Georgia was the first state to adopt electronic voting in every precinct, rolling out its system in the November 2002 election.

Cox championed the $54 million touch-screen system after learning the state had had even more uncounted votes during the 2000 election than Florida.

Electronic plot?

The Diebold system, whose customers include Maryland, California and Kansas, is at the heart of concerns that for months have fueled dire conspiracy theories of a possible electronic coup d'etat.

This fall the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper disclosed that Diebold's chief executive, Walden O'Dell, is one of Bush's top fund-raisers and, in a letter to potential Bush donors, he had underscored his commitment "to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes" to the Republicans.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:54 pm
<agreeing with ebrown_p>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 02:09 pm
<agreeing with roger>
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 02:39 pm
Quote:
PLEASE SHUT UP!

ebrown, roger, and dyslexia, you have your wish.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:07 pm
I would greatly appreciate a link or source for the information provided in the original post.

Can you hook that up please? As previously stated, I'm a little cautious of automatic belief on something like that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
theollady wrote:
Quote:
PLEASE SHUT UP!

ebrown, roger, and dyslexia, you have your wish.

Hey, look! If you use the quote function just right, we just might know who you are quoting. With luck, someone might even care.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:50 pm
Assasination teams
The steped up strategy in Iraq is Black Op-off the books- Assasination Teams modeled after the Mosad.
0 Replies