Can you feel the hate?

rufio

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:35 am
I'm not sure where else this would go, so here it is.

[rant]
http://www.netcartoon.net/naaas/quiz.html

Take the quiz. First check American and answer all the questions right.

"If you are American, the only way you got this score is by doing the quiz 50 times, and memorizing the correct answers."

Then take the quiz as a non-American, and answer all the questions wrong.

"Perhaps you are an American who ticked the wrong box?"

Geez. Stuff like this makes me angry, especially when it's the Americans who keep getting bitched at for hating on everyone else.
[/rant]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 764 • Replies: 7
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:42 am
yep - only 20 questions
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:43 am
FUNNY!

With 16 or 17 correct answers it says (For a non-American):
A very good score. You obviously know a lot about the world and its history.

(For an American):
You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.

With 12 correct it says (For a non-American):
Well done. You have a fairly good understanding of the world and its history.

(For an American):
For an American, your knowledge of the world and its history is surprisingly good. About the same as the average school-age person in any other country. If you are at school, congratulations. If you are an adult, try harder. Read books, visit other countries, and watch less television. Learn to understand the world better and you could become an ambassador for your country, demonstrating that Americans are not all stupid.

With 3 correct answer it says (For a non-American):
This is not a good score. Unless you are under the age of ten you should be ashamed of yourself.

(For an American):
You know very little about the world, and less still about history. No wonder you are in no position to form intelligent opinions of your own about current affairs. You are an insular xenophobe who regurgitates bigotry and false pride. It is thanks to people like you that Americans are reviled and ridiculed throughout the world.

But look at the whole website. It's just a collection of Flash animations that are for sale: "Netcartoon provides high quality customised content for both multimedia and printed materials. We also provide animation and games for your multimedia content..."
So the quiz is just a demo of how to make a nice-looking quiz.
The results are contrived, probably because the programmer was bored to death and wanted to tweak people!
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:48 am
No doubt. It still pissed me off though.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:45 am
Yay... I got nineteen. I don't consider it hateful; I think it's trying to be funny. Sure, they shouldn't say that Americans are all stupid, but they were saying it in jest.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 04:19 pm
Americans are stupid. Not because of anything about the individuals but because they allow themselves to swallow all the garbage fed to them by the media.

I know a lot of Americans, I work with many and they're all just the same as normal people.
You know why ?
Because they've removed themselves from the infulence of the rest of the bovine couch potatoes over there and got out into the world so see what is what and educate themselves, expand their horizons and get away from the rampant provinciality and narrow minded Amerio-centric view of the world that the rest of the cabbages share from the comfort of their trailers.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 04:20 pm
Flame the truth.
Dare you, I.
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 02:55 pm
Cabbage makes cole-slaw. It's nice at a picnic. Tastes good.
0 Replies