Why do some threads just disappear?

aidan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 04:49 am
Quote:
The Harrowers Forum - The Harrowers Questions & Answers, Discussions1 post - 1 author - Last post: 6 hours ago Am I an evil psychopath? Forums: The Harrowers. Question by Gordot Posted 09/18/10 9:19 PM. Replies: 4. Views: 53. Last Post by aidan ... able2know.org/forum/the_harrowers/

Yeah, well I read the first installment of this story this morning, when the link for it was on the forum, enjoyed it, tagged it, and then went back to read some of his/her other work and found it gone.

Not to be impertinent, but can I ask why? It wasn't obscene or derogatory toward anyone in any way and it was actually very well written and interesting.
I've seen people posting links to their blogs on this forum many, many times and for years. In fact, I enjoy those links - many times they've led me to sites I'd never have found on my own.
Is there a particular reason that this one was not deemed suitable to be treated with the same equal treatment and acceptance that others have been?

This feels a little like censorship. Is that what it is, or is there something I missed that made this particular blog wrong or unsuitable to be on this forum which would make the act of removing it something other than censorship?

URL: http://able2know.org/post/ask/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 927 • Replies: 5

Setanta

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 04:50 am
I don't know if this is the answer, but when you have viewed a thead, it drops off your "new posts" list until there is a new response. Have you tried to find it by clicking of the "My Posts" rubric?
aidan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 04:55 am
@Setanta,
But that's not what happened. I went to my post list on my profile to just quickly find it and click on it there, as I knew it was hours ago I'd posted and it'd be on the third page or somewhere like that on the new posts list for the whole forum by now.

I couldn't find the post I KNEW I had made. Then I looked at my tags, because I had specifically tagged it - just so I could keep it handy like that- because I seriously did like this person's writing. The tag wasn't there.

So then I did a search by the title of the thread. It said, 'No thread by this title exists'.

It's apparently been deleted. I'm just curious as to why.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 01:34 pm
I suspect it was taken as spam.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 01:46 pm
I had one where we were actively debating in a civil (for A2K) manner just disappear. I went actively hunting for it, eventually using my history in the browser to find a link, but it was came up empty. Only time that happened.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 02:13 pm
@aidan,
Yes, I agree with osso (looks like it was spam... even if the blog was interesting, if a person became a member just to get readership for the blog, that's a no-no).
0 Replies