Will man ever understand woman?

JLNobody

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 11:06 pm
truth
Thanks, Diane. I thought I was just blowing in the wind. Cav, I DO agree that people are understandable. In fact there is nothing in the universe I understand as well as I can understand a fellow human being. My point is that we cannot understand others and oursevles COMPLETELY (whatever that may be). But with sufficient compatibility of personality, familiarity (access) and capacity for empathy, we can understand some others ENOUGH, for our and their purposes. It's so much easier when we get out of the either/or binary mode, isn't it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 11:55 pm
To understand another person, one must first learn how to listen - by both voice and body language. Some couples are fortunate to find soul-mates that communicate in many ways including talk, but I think it's very rare. Most of us change over time, and it's impossible for two people to connect 100 percent of the time. The most important rule is to give 80 percent - not 50/50. Understanding comes with giving.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:05 pm
Quote:
What's not to understand? Women are always right. If you remember that, you're-half way there

That's it! The only difference between men and women is that women will always find a way to be completely correct every time, even if they are absolutely wrong. Reminds me of the mafia...
0 Replies