Will man ever understand woman?

sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:26 am
!!!!!!!!!

Your brain or your... other brain, either way it's alarming.

Ouch.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:48 pm
Prolly used meths or some such cool burning fuel - ho hum...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:31 pm
Alright, so if men cannot understand women now, what could possibly bridge the gap?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:34 pm
aliens?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:49 pm
pro-fun-ditty: a happy song.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:50 pm
And how would they do that? Bestow upon us universal knowledge? The chance that aliens would have only females and males is extremely remote.

Or are we talking about the Italians, they seem to have a pretty good grasp on the whole male/female concept.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:53 pm
I think it's all about being really really good-looking, and completely vapid.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:55 pm
Individual, no, the italians have their own problems between the sexes. I wasn't entirely serious about the alien comment.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:55 pm
I think Cav might be onto something there.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:00 pm
littlek, I'm not so naive that I wouldn't know a joke when I saw one. Just adding a little to it makes the conversation interesting.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:03 pm
I know... you think that aliens wouldn't have 2 sexes and only 2 sexes? Ooooh, or should that 'and' be an 'or'?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:04 pm
In all seriousness, I have heard from several women that they have never been more sexually harrassed in public than in Italy. Personally, I am not a woman, nor have I been to Italy, so I'm going on their stories.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:04 pm
Quote:
I know... you think that aliens wouldn't have 2 sexes and only 2 sexes? Ooooh, or should that 'and' be an 'or'?

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

But if there are aliens, their evolution would be nothing like ours. There is no reason to believe that they would even have gender or any concept of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:29 pm
Ok, rather than try to figure out where we were miscommunicating, let's agree on your final statement above!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:39 pm
truth
We could also phrase the question, Will women ever understand men?
To me the answer is simply that SOME women understand SOME men and SOME men understand SOME women, but nobody COMPLETELY understands anybody, including him/herself.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:40 pm
That being said, the only being left to bestow upon us the ultimate truth behind men and women would be god. Not a very likely candidate since nobody has seen him for about a thousand years.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:40 pm
And then there is my mommy, she is always right about everything. Mom? Do you have an answer?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:42 pm
I stick by my theory that people are understandable.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:50 pm
Considering that it takes a very smart person, and one who understands oneself (of which there are very few), I doubt that anyone will ever understand the opposite gender even though it is entirely possible.
Or there will be so few that understand and even fewer that understand that they understand that nobody will ever realize that we finally know what the other gender's motives are.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:59 pm
I really think JLN hit on it--some men understand some women and some women understand some men. If you are very lucky, you will find someone of the opposite sex with whom you have a delightful understanding.

What's absolutely true is that none of us can completely understand ourselves, so how can anyone possibly expect to understand people of the opposite sex?
0 Replies