Will man ever understand woman?

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:38 pm
It's all pretty self-explanatory. We're only the opposite sex and yet it seems as if we will never understand each other in the same way that we can't understand why other species do what they do and why.

That's life for now but what could possibly change our understanding?

What is it with men's attraction to fast cars and loud noises?
Why do women have to own more than twenty different pairs of shoes?

Granted, those are generalizations. But we still don't "get" each other.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,178 • Replies: 62
No top replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 09:44 pm
Is it to make life more interesting? If we were all the same....we'd be bored to death.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 02:08 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Is it to make life more interesting? If we were all the same....we'd be bored to death.

I agree.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 02:58 pm
In my opinion a man - is able to understand, the real question is if he wants to drink from the trough or not.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 02:59 pm
What's the cost? Most men have not figured the ROI
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 04:07 pm
Yes - and I predict it will happen on June 25th, 2010. There will be great celebrations and men will wear feather boa's as the women rack up the balls on the pool table on account of ballet no longer being ladies choice.

Finally we will all understand each other. In fact there will be no need for words since we will now telepathically be able to read each others moods and thoughts and guys will learn to start gossiping before she asks "so how was your day?" and she will not only understand power tools but will wake him on Sunday morning so they can work on the Harley together.

Then the sky will fall and it will be the end of the world.

The End.
0 Replies

jonat3

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:18 pm
Even telepathy will not make you be able to understand women. Only if you are able to FEEL their emotions (and not just their thoughts) and link them to their thoughts at that time will you be able to completely understand them. And the only way that will happen is if you inject yourself with the same hormones that runs though women. Telepathy would be a nice bonus too. :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:33 pm
So what was your point about 20 pairs of shoes? Only 20????
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:44 pm
Men will understand women at about the same time women understand men.
But how many people try to do both?

It'll might be awhile before people drop the stereotypes,
or pay attention to men's feelings as well.

----------
The one thing to understand about women is: diversity.
The one thing to understand about men is: diversity.
Suddenly everything makes sense.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
Patriugg, welcome to a2k Very Happy

What's not to understand? Women are always right. If you remember that, you're-half way there Smile
0 Replies

PatriUgg

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:34 pm
Better to always learn
than to always be right.

Thank you for your welcome and welcome to gratitude. Viva le difference, to all.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 09:02 pm
LMAO......like Diane said....."Only 20!!!"....last count for me was 58!!! lmao....and I need another pair.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 07:37 am
Men have feelings too?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:43 pm
Heeven wrote:
Yes - and I predict it will happen on June 25th, 2010. There will be great celebrations and men will wear feather boa's as the women rack up the balls on the pool table on account of ballet no longer being ladies choice.

Finally we will all understand each other. In fact there will be no need for words since we will now telepathically be able to read each others moods and thoughts and guys will learn to start gossiping before she asks "so how was your day?" and she will not only understand power tools but will wake him on Sunday morning so they can work on the Harley together.

Then the sky will fall and it will be the end of the world.

The End.

Yay! I'm going to make this into a bedtime story for kids, including the 'sky falling' scene; I will, however, allow you to choose the charity to whom the earnings will go, Heeven.

Someone suggested to me (some freak at another invariably bad dinner party; why do I hold them?) that there is no such thing as a definite gender. He said, imagine a scale, 'masculine' on one side, 'feminine' on the other. Everyone is at a different place in that scale, whatever their gender may be, and no one is at the very left or very right. That might have some credibility; but, what is masculinity and femininity anyway today?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 08:05 pm
Some freak at a bad dinner party wrote:
There is no such thing as a definite gender

When you think about it, we are all technically the same. Testes are dropped ovaries. The clitoris is an undeveloped penis. And breasts are glands that got an extra dose of hormone.

Considering that we are machines that respond to different stimuli, the only thing really making us unlike each other would be the amount of hormones and other chemicals during critical stages in development and a sustained hormone level (unless you have menopause) throughout life.

So I suppose, in actuality, we just don't understand anybody around us.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 08:07 pm
Quote:
Will man ever understand woman?

Any who do, had better keep their damned mouths shut . . . i gotta a good thing goin' here . . .
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 08:10 pm
"I concur," says the voice in the back of my head, "I can usually understand the motives behind the actions of someone from the same sex, but never the motives of the opposite." "So even though we are technically the same, the damage incurred during developmental stages alters the brain so that we cannot understand each other."
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:21 am
Hmmmm, men have an X and a Y chromosome. Maybe the reason women are always right is that they have that extra little piece of a chromosome. The Y just doesn't quite make it all the way to being right.
IMHO, which, of course, is right.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 12:37 am
Ask me after my operation. . .
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 04:36 pm
Will men ever understand women ?
I bloody hope not.

In any case men are mostly the screwed up ones so surely the question should be : Will women ever understand men ?
I bloody hope so.
0 Replies