MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:15 am
Ah, I see Intrepid beat me to it, while I was typing. All hail the possible bride-and-groom.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:18 am
Sheesh, and dys beat me to it again, while I was typing a response to Intrepid. Well, I guess I'd have to fall back on just fibbing when you fill out the forms.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:20 am
@dyslexia,
I suppose moving back to Colorado is out of the question.

Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:07 pm
I think Pimp Daddy has a nice ring to it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:12 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

littlek wrote:

So... get married. Make it legal.
can't, financial reasons.

Does New Mexico have civil unions for gay couples? If so, perhaps Di and you could civil-union each other. And if they don't let you, maybe you could sue the state for anti-straight discrimination. Might be fun.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:16 pm
Coin your own acronym--"He's my POSSUM"--Person of Some Significance, UnMarried. Which does the double duty of being a pet name, as well.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:24 pm
http://www.nmpolitics.net/index/2010/08/martinez-is-wrong-a-domestic-partnership-law-is-necessary/

http://www.albuquerquedivorcelawyerblog.com/2010/03/no-common-law-marriage-in-new.html

http://finance.toolkit.com/planning_tools/display.aspx?tid=poaforms_m

Statutory Power of Attorney and Medical Treatment Forms
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:41 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

littlek wrote:

So... get married. Make it legal.
can't, financial reasons.

Does New Mexico have civil unions for gay couples? If so, perhaps Di and you could civil-union each other. And if they don't let you, maybe you could sue the state for anti-straight discrimination. Might be fun.
I do know that New Mexico does not recognize civil union, common-lay marriages or living wills. We had New Mexico approved wills drawn up last year by a local attorney.
squinney

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 12:47 pm
A recent trip to Oklahoma had me in a couple of similar situations.

With Dad, my step-mom, my sister and I were all present during the admission. When asked who could have medical info, Dad indicated Step-mom, and from there that she could determine who had access or was present when medical stuff was being discussed. He was awake and coherent some of the time, and not so coherent other times. When staff came in, they freely discussed labs and medical stuff no matter who was in the room, I assume because if there was objection, Dad could stop them and ask us to leave.

During the same trip, my sister had to be taken down to the ER. I went back to the exam room with her. When asked who her contact person is, she indicated me. They did not hesitate to discuss medical stuff and treat her with me in the room.

When I have taken my sister or my daughter to the hospital in NC, I have remained with them during admission and have not been asked to leave, nor was I ever told I could not go to their rooms even though they never asked about our relationship to one another.

When Bear was admitted through ER, they didn't ask if we were married before or after treating him. I was his 'contact person,' which I always assumed meant "Who can we bug to death if you don't pay your bill."

Dys - I can't imagine why the hospital wouldn't have allowed you to see Diane other than the quarantine time. I haven't experienced any hospitals or Dr.'s offices being that diligent.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:09 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
common-lay marriages
dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 07:26 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

dyslexia wrote:
common-lay marriages

lol
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 08:23 pm
Dys, are you still making Diane sleep in the chair in the living room every night?

If so, I don't think I want to know what she calls you.
littlek

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 09:08 pm
@Eva,
<gasp!>
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 10:14 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
."Lady" is a term that Dys came up with

m'lord should suffice
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:11 pm
For those of you who know us personally, try to form a clear mental image of me introducing Dys as my "Pimp Daddy." I apologize if anyone has a stroke from laughing too hard.

As for comments on claiming a relationship for visiting rights in a hospital, I always say that I am his wife. Someone asked if anyone checking in a patient would take the time to get proof. That hits the nail on the head.

In the case of my hospital stay, Dys and Osso had visited me once, but as soon as I was notified that I would have to be isolated, I told the surgeon that I didn't want Dys to visit. As ill has he has been, I knew that an infectious disease would be extremely dangerous, probably fatal, for Bob.

When Bob was in the hospital for the hip replacement, he was first seen in the emergency room and everyone who looked at the x-ray of his fractured hip almost fell off their chair. They said that they had never seen such a fracture. They needed to get him into surgery and weren't aware that I was there except to ask me if I was related--I said yes, he is my husband--and no one ever questioned me, they focused the need to get him into surgery right away.
0 Replies