"God bless America!"

JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
I do believe God, in all his manifestations has blessed America. He also has blessed her people.

I also believe God will continue to bless America, since some other parts of the world have put God on the proverbial shelf. Many in the United States have not.

God is royally pissed off at the Americans for turning his name into a cliche and associating him with so many instances of mass murder, torture, rape, selling arms far and wide and generally being the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet.

God doesn't want anything to do with America. Remember Pat and Jerry have said so. God had punished the US for much and he ain't about to stop anytime soon.

This isn't my observation, Foofie. He told me this, thru Pat or Jerry, I can't remember which one it was, maybe it was Jimmy Swaggart.
Telamon

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:27 pm
@JTT,
Well there goes the saying “God loves everyone equally”. Not to mention the whole infinite forgiveness thing.
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:36 pm
@Telamon,
Nope, just a few smites here and there then it's back to "All we need is love, ba ba ba ba da ..."
Telamon

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:45 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Nope, just a few smites here and there then it's back to "All we need is love, ba ba ba ba da ..."

That would be completely contradictory to the meaning of infinite…

Damn, I forgot. The only thing infinite about God is his flippy floppy ways.
JTT

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:50 pm
@Telamon,
Quote:
The only thing infinite about God is his flippy floppy ways.

He has had to revise a thing or two. There was something missing, something he forgot in the "made in my image" recipe. Now he's stuck with it.
Telamon

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:55 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
The only thing infinite about God is his flippy floppy ways.

He has had to revise a thing or two. There was something missing, something he forgot in the "made in my image" recipe. Now he's stuck with it.

Well there goes omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), and omnibenevolence (perfect goodness).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 12:35 am
@Telamon,
Quote:
Well there goes the saying “God loves everyone equally”. Not to mention the whole infinite forgiveness thing.

There is also the distinct possibility that god (should s/he exist) has given up on mankind. And is actually quite repulsed by the things we've gotten up to!

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:49 am
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

By saying "God bless America" he probably feels he got the last word. If someone walked away from you waving and saying that, what would be a good answer?

You're probably right, but don't you ever just want to scream something like "Up yours"? Not that I'm like to do that, but can't you just feel it welling up inside?
Telamon

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 02:12 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

You're probably right, but don't you ever just want to scream something like "Up yours"? Not that I'm like to do that, but can't you just feel it welling up inside?

Every single time, after “amen” as well.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 09:38 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I do believe God, in all his manifestations has blessed America. He also has blessed her people.

I also believe God will continue to bless America, since some other parts of the world have put God on the proverbial shelf. Many in the United States have not.

God is royally pissed off at the Americans for turning his name into a cliche and associating him with so many instances of mass murder, torture, rape, selling arms far and wide and generally being the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet.

God doesn't want anything to do with America. Remember Pat and Jerry have said so. God had punished the US for much and he ain't about to stop anytime soon.

This isn't my observation, Foofie. He told me this, thru Pat or Jerry, I can't remember which one it was, maybe it was Jimmy Swaggart.

Do you know what the word "intrusive" means?
JTT

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 11:10 am
@Foofie,
Do you know what the word delusional means, Foofie, 'cause you and a lot of others are big time delusional.

The USA is thee greatest purveyor of violence on the planet, thee greatest terrorist nation on the planet and you're worried that your silly little fantasies are being exploded.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 05:58 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Pemerson wrote:

By saying "God bless America" he probably feels he got the last word. If someone walked away from you waving and saying that, what would be a good answer?

I think that's why he wore the cowboy hat with khaky pants. Or, why he always posed, around his TX ranch, right in front of the barbed wire fence.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Do you know what the word delusional means, Foofie, 'cause you and a lot of others are big time delusional.

The USA is thee greatest purveyor of violence on the planet, thee greatest terrorist nation on the planet and you're worried that your silly little fantasies are being exploded.

You are under the delusion that I pay attention to your ongoing sermonizing of your opinion. I think folks know your opinion. Do you know what the word "intrusive" means.
JTT

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 07:04 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
You are under the delusion that I pay attention to ...

And here you are, Foofie, paying attention.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 07:11 pm
@Telamon,
I belive it's a mere buff word for the naive masses, that will appeal to their subconciousness. Just like baby hugging which is a populistic action ..nothing more, nothing less.
Just like in Denmark politicians will speak about what the general public "wants" to hear, but never do anything about it but empty words.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:11 am
Saying "God Bless America" is about as sensible as all the fools who walk miles for a "cancer cure" and charities/companies who sell "pink ribbons" for the same cause.

What bull!

I see billions of $$ being raised, but I surely don't see any cures. Someone's making the big bucks, somewhere down the line.
Telamon

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:34 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Saying "God Bless America" is about as sensible as all the fools who walk miles for a "cancer cure" and charities/companies who sell "pink ribbons" for the same cause.

What bull!

I see billions of $$ being raised, but I surely don't see any cures. Someone's making the big bucks, somewhere down the line.

True enough but a little off topic.

I think HexHammers got the right of it. I’d say it’s that or just an indoctrination all politicians learn at the beginning of their carriers.
Foofie

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:48 pm
@Telamon,
Telamon wrote:

I think HexHammers got the right of it. I’d say it’s that or just an indoctrination all politicians learn at the beginning of their carriers.

Is that "carriers," like in "aircraft carriers"?

I do not think there is "indoctrination" to say God Bless America. Anyone who talks to Americans regarding the nation's course, like an election, might say God Bless America as standard etiquette in a country with so many monotheists. No indoctrination needed, since by the time one is a candidate, one has already learned that one's audience expects to hear God Bless America, just like one expects to hear Amen after a prayer. It is just standard practice in a country with so many monotheists.

I am not much of a believer (secular Jew), and I will say it, since it means to me that I just want the best for the U.S. and its citizens.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:51 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
No indoctrination needed, since by the time one is a candidate, one has already learned that one's audience expects to hear God Bless America, just like one expects to hear Amen after a prayer. It is just standard practice in a country with so many monotheists.

Agreed, Foofie. That kind of indoctrination certainly shouldn't be considered indoctrination.
Foofie

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:53 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
No indoctrination needed, since by the time one is a candidate, one has already learned that one's audience expects to hear God Bless America, just like one expects to hear Amen after a prayer. It is just standard practice in a country with so many monotheists.

Nope, that kind of indoctrination certainly shouldn't be considered indoctrination.

Can you not control your impulse to be intrusive?