Ugly People Dating Site Launches in Britain

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:26 pm
Founder Howard James says that up to 50% of the UK is made up of ugly people, sadly.

There is a description that only 15% of the population are attractive and they are not very nice. Also, there is a standard of ugliness such as someone falling down a tree. Some aren't too bad as they hit only a branch or two on the way down but for those who hit all the branches there is still hope with this dating site.

http://www.mns.co.uk/012116529.html

I guess this comes from the popularity of Ugly Betty TV show.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,785 • Replies: 25

Pangloss

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:50 pm
@talk72000,
So then...what makes this different from any other dating site?
Zetherin

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:51 pm
@Pangloss,
Haha, so true.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:54 pm
@Pangloss,
I just found it funny. I guess the guy is counting on controversy to sell. Of course, TV ugly is average i.e. average people are considered ugly for TV shows. Even the reality shows have models and above average attractive people populating those shows. The real uglies have movie careers as villains and misfits.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:16 pm
@Pangloss,
Quote:
So then...what makes this different from any other dating site?

Smile

Ha. You sound like you know all about these dating sites, Pangloss!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:22 pm
I can't imagine checking there for a date.

Not because they are ugly, but because they personally consider themselves to be so.
roger

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:26 pm
@talk72000,
So, did you sign up? Let us know how it works out.
msolga

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:35 pm
@squinney,
You make a good point there, squinney. Maybe it should be called a low esteem date site? Smile

But, on the other hand, a while ago I worked with a young woman who attempted to find a partner on one of these sites. Things went along swimmingly until it came to the photo exchanging stage ... then all communication ceased. Apart from one potential "date" who informed her that he wasn't interested in fat women. (!) I'm certain that wasn't exactly great for her self esteem.

No way I'd go anywhere near one of these places! Wink
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I can't imagine checking there for a date.

Not because they are ugly, but because they personally consider themselves to be so.

Funny, I would have thought the opposite. I see it as a sign of self-confidence when an out-group owns the nasty words people call them and turns them into badges of pride. By contrast, the people who strike me as insecure and unattractive are the ones who keep inventing new euphemisms for themselves. I emphatically prefer "queers" over "affectional minorities", "niggaz" over "people of color", "hos" over "sex workers"---and "uglies" over the "horizontally challenged", the "differently beautiful", or whatever the politically correct word for them may be.

Signed,

Thomas, Fatty.
failures art

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:49 pm
I'm surprised after almost a decade of online dating services, there is still such a negative stigma about them. Granted, this is a special case.

I'm inclined to agree with squinney. I'm sad that someone would think that of themselves, but perhaps if this was a mental block it might help them. It's not hard to imagine that many first contacts would include some message to the effect of "you are attractive."

I've dated online many times, and it's been quite effective at introducing me to new people who I either dated or ended up friends with.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:50 pm
@Thomas,
I don't think I'd ever want to be with any girl that called herself a "ho". Perhaps my standards are just too high, though.
Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:54 pm
@Zetherin,
Or maybe you just haven't met enough hos to make an informed decision.
squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
@Thomas,
I suppose, but then again I don't see a dating service for queer ugly ho niggaz being very marketable.

Very Happy
plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
@squinney,
But, isn't a 'normal' or 'average' person who considers him/her self ugly better than a homely a person who thinks s/he is the rat's ass?
Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:06 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I suppose, but then again I don't see a dating service for queer ugly ho niggaz being very marketable.

Very Happy

Only because they're so fabulous they don't need no steenking dating service to get laid.
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
@Thomas,
Unfortunately that just isn't the case.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:15 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

But, isn't a 'normal' or 'average' person who considers him/her self ugly better than a homely a person who thinks s/he is the rat's ass?

No!

I AM the rats ass!
Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:18 pm
@squinney,
Really? We must be talking about some pretty cute rat then.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:35 pm
@squinney,
Well, we know that but you aren't active on a dating site, are you?
squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:54 pm
@plainoldme,
Who is this "we"?

Ya got a rat in your pocket?