Ive been thinking about it for a week straight!

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:19 pm
Im scared and I dont know why but for the past week I just sit there and think about death. Im so terriefied that when i think about it my insides start to burn. I just need to know Im going to be okay...And maybe something that will help me stop thinkin about it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 783 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by scaredtodie94
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:40 pm
@scaredtodie94,
It can be easy to get obsessed about such things. And, ultimately, you are the only person who gets to decide what you are going to think about. Have you tried distracting yourself? As in, read a book, go to the movies, call a friend, etc.?
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:43 pm
@jespah,
I have tried...I hang with friends everyday after school and it seems to help up until I get alone....Being alone in my room or where ever I may be at the time just gets me to thinking about it. I dont understand how I am only 16 but still worry about death?
jespah

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:45 pm
@scaredtodie94,
Well, one thing about that age (and I may be over 30 yrs older than you but it doesn't mean I've forgotten it) is that you can get overly emotional about things. It tends to be a roller coaster ride. Can you take to your Mom or another adult about this?
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:48 pm
@jespah,
My mother lives in Oklahoma and I live with my stepmother and my dad, I have talked to my dad about it a little. About me thinking I need help and talking to someone. But he just doesnt approve of it
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:54 pm
@scaredtodie94,
Was there any triggering event that brought this on or not?
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:55 pm
@BillRM,
I found out not too long ago that both my moms and my dads health isnt good. They are both ex drug users but they are my heros...Could that be why?
Solmeci

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:28 pm
Get a hobby.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:50 pm
@scaredtodie94,
Yes, it could be connected. But being sixteen (or any age along in there) is when we first begin to really understand viscerally that all of us do die, if we haven't before. After that we vary on what that means, relative to religious belief and questioning of it. We start to get a whole wider view of life as we see it.

Of course you are going to be ok. Calm down. If you get panicked, breathe deep in a restful way.
scaredtodie94

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you...That sounds good....Sometimes its a scary thing though?
0 Replies