Have you ever bullied anyone?

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:57 am
With so much attention lately about children, mostly teenagers, bullies with terrible results.

Have you ever bullied anyone as a child or as an adult? How did it make you feel? What was the outcome?

Why do you think people bully others?

What about corporate bullies? Why do they behave as they do? How do you deal with them?

What about sibling bullies?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,272 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:25 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yep - not the physical kind - the mental kind. There was this girl that lived nearby; of course a nerdy type girl that was oversheltered by her brother and father - her brother would walk her to the bus stop (she lived all of about 600 yards from the bus stop) and she was in high school. These types of girls tended to flock to me. I think normally because I was kind.

However, being in high school, I wanted to be cool. So I decided a cool sort of thing to just bother her. I sent her a letter from a boy - because her family was so overprotected. (my friends watching this endeavor) I poured my dad's Avon crap on it that spelled horrible and sent it to her. The day after she got it in the mail, she HAD to tell me this secret. And yes the letter still reeked as she told me the story - now she couldn't go any where without some one tagging along to watch for this boy.

Then I had my brother call her. He didn't say much, just asked for her. Seeing she wouldn't be able to get to the phone.

A couple of days later at the bus stop. She handed me her new phone number saying we had to change it after this boy called. She also stated she knew I wouldn't give it out.

I felt like a heel and stopped bothering her.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:30 am
@Linkat,
What did you learn from this episode?

Have you ever been bullied? How did if affect you?

BBB
Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:10 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I was bullied in school-mental torture, it made me suicidal.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:22 am
@Caroline,
How did you overcome it?

BBB
Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:32 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I was given a choice to move schools and I didn't want to so I started to stand up for myself and it stopped. Thanks.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:12 pm
I do not think I ever bullied anyone. Although, I did give what my mother would call "The Cut" to a few people in my life. The Cut is when you shut them out and refuse to interact any further. Someone really has to piss me off to get The Cut.

I was bullied only once and it was fairly brief, but still upsetting. I was the youngest girl in a dance class and three older girls started first bossing me around, making me get them soda or water, tripping me, pulling my hair braid and then just pushing me hard from behind and acting like it was an accident. This was the first time I ever encountered someone deliberately being mean to me and I didn't know why I was their chosen victim. I cried about itwhen I was alone. I remember the leader of the bullies had long red hair, was rather pretty and was probably about 15. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone, but I started to make excuses as to why I didn't want to take the class anymore. I think my mother figured out something like this was happening and one night she sent my oldest brother to drive me and wait for the class to be over. He surprised me by not complaining about this duty. He was about 18 at the time, tall and very good looking. The red haired girl saw him sitting in the waiting room and surely didn't know we were related because I saw her smile at him and flip her hair. He kind of looked at her, crooked his finger for her to come closer, which she did, and then he said something to her that made her whole face change and she stiffly walked away. She never bothered me again or even looked my way. To this day I'm not sure exactly what he said to her and at the time he just shrugged when I ask him. He claims he just told her he didn't like her behavor towards me, but I think he threatened her in some way or was insulting in the way young men can be to very young women. Ironically, my oldest brother was considered the bully in my family, not towards me, but certainly to my middle brother and our cousins. I guess that is why he knew what to say to make her stop.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:17 pm
@Green Witch,
Your big brother (and your mother) had your back, didn't they?

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:37 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I've never been bullied - my older brother tried, but I would not allow it. My older brother was also bullied, but he used tattle all the time.

I used to defend my older brother against these bullies. I was always small for my age, but fearless.

I felt like a heel. To think she trusted me completely when I was the actual trouble maker. What I learned was I was good at manipulating, but didn't have the heart or stomach for it. I really do not like taking advantage of some one else.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:38 pm
@Green Witch,
I've done the cut as well. To me, it was because some one was an a$$ and not worthy of my time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:47 pm
No, never bullied anyone. Don't like that kind of behaviour; in fact, I was usually defending my sisters (got beat up by a girl once because of that). I have been rude to people, though. Maybe that's a form of bullying. And I was bullied a bit as a kid - I was very short, and 2 yrs younger than my classmates. But I just tuned it out and went about my own business and they soon dropped it. From Day 1, I think I've realized that what comes out of someone's mouth is all about them, not me, so it never bothered me.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:58 pm
@Mame,
Mame said I've realized that what comes out of someone's mouth is all about them, not me, so it never bothered me. I very wise discovery.

BBB
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:54 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I tend to pick on bullies.

not always the wisest course of action, but action none the less...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:06 am
There are a wide variety of Bullies. What do you think of posters who claim they are debating but, in fact, may be bullying?

BBB
0 Replies