Adolescent bullies and bullying...

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 11:29 pm
There are probably several reason why some kids are bullies. This is a discussion about bullies and awareness. I think that sometimes simply discussing the reasons can help others come to terms with their behavior.

Is it something society creates? Is it something innate or learned? Wires crossed? Fear of rejection? Home pressures? Simple boredom?

Why the lack of empathy?

What makes a bully think that their behavior will be accepted by others? Is there a given mob mentality in the young?

Somehow emotion takes precedence over reason... Is there a cure or method of curbing such behavior? Should parents be blamed?

It is odd that people can be bullied for so long then something changes in their lives and suddenly they simmer down and no longer exhibit such behavior. What is the catalyst for change? A tiny voice in the mind that comes out of seemingly nowhere and says, "NO! Don't bully this person they don't deserve to be treated like this..." When the shoe is on the other foot can it sometime even exacerbate the problem? Is it that people do not bond as they should and the lack of bonding causes an even greater rift?

This thread is about the issue of bullying and those who have been victims of such hate.

I was bullied all through my grammar and high school years. I look back with such disdain on those years. There are those that to this day I sill loath and those who reached out and literally pulled me from the precipice of disaster and gave me an enduring hope of survival and a chance at future happiness.

What are the best ways to respond to bullies? Please name a few...

I suppose I was bullied because I was inclined to be an unconventional child. But that is who I am, like me or not... I hope people do like me though. I guess popularity is a complicated issue.

If this thread helps one person overcome the bullies in their lives then it has accomplished its purpose.

Above all, look beyond the bullies. They will not always be there to meddle in your life... That in itself is a reason to endure...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,347 • Replies: 26
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 12:50 am
"Yesterday, two boys came over to the Woods home and assaulted Bryson. This time Bryson was hit in the head with a rock, shot from a slingshot. The police were called, and they caught these kids in the act. One boy was arrested on assault charges, and the Woods have a protective order in place that these boys do not come onto the Woods property."

TOTALLY unacceptable!!! More of THIS is needed! Coddling these bullies ISN'T the answer. They must be held accountable. Then, and only then will they understand that their menacing actions will not be tolerated!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531780_437195853038529_1968336062_n.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 10:27 am
Dude, you know fuckall about the psychological complexities of bullying/dominatory upmanship, so DO NOT EVER advise others.......EVER!
EVERYONE'S experiences are relative unto themselves!
HOW can MY advice possibly relate to your 'existence'?
RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:07 am
@mark noble,
I agree each circumstance has its own signature and variables..

But..
How could your advice help me or others? Well, because we all wrestle with the exact same condition.. It is called, being human...
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:16 am
@RexRed,
No Rex, it is NOT the same condition, unless you are culturally indoctrinated.
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:18 am
@RexRed,
Your interpretation of 'being human' is as far from 'mine' as it is your nearest neighbour. I assure you.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:29 am
@mark noble,
This must be at the root of the problem, that some people disconnect and think they are above their human counterpart. Yet in truth they have only lowered themselves...
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:40 am
@RexRed,
Huh?
I am neither above nor below any living thing.
But, confront me, and I will Not EVER yield.
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:43 am
The issue is - exploitation!
The decent will be taken advantage of.......because.....etc.
RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:46 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Huh?
I am neither above nor below any living thing.
But, confront me, and I will Not EVER yield.

Even if you are wrong? I guess that did not occur to you...

Where is reason?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:48 am
@mark noble,
That depends on one's definition of "decent"... Often relating to someone's narrow set of standards imposed on others...
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:49 am
Rex, seriously!
The only way to defeat a bully, is to scare him into a state of submission - hence, becoming a 'bully'.

Alternatively, supress his instincts, via confusion - do
not react as expected..
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:51 am
@RexRed,
Wrong Rex.....PM me if genuine here.
RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:53 am
@mark noble,
Sometimes maybe that is the way but not always. I have dealt with bullying both ways by defeating them in combat and by befriending them, the latter is by far the most rewarding.

The combat route leaves scars that never fade... (that is if one has a conscience)
RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:55 am
@mark noble,
I would prefer to keep this conversation in the open so others can benefit from the various points of contention.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 11:57 am
@RexRed,
That's the same as aiding and abetting, my friend.
It resolves YOUR dillema, but perpetuates another's.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 12:27 pm
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/602064_450272281725445_942978613_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 12:33 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/521762_363340243772095_5981085_n.jpg
mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 12:52 pm
@RexRed,
captions are only opinions Rex - They aid not. Nor am I Here to aid or advise.
Take it, or leave it.
Those who project weakness WILL be taken advantage of.
Will offer you a verse - tomorrow though.
Am off to 'Skyrim' for now with my deity 'VODKA'
L8r buddy Smile
RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 01:19 pm
@mark noble,
Okay Mark, thanks for your input, take care buddy...

People who "project weakness" should be priorities in a society that values lifting others up to partake in equal opportunity... Sounds complicated but love makes it very simple...

One person's weakness is another person's virtue...