Time To Boycott EA games?

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
@Setanta,
i've got this great idea for one of those sim type games, SiMosque, you have to build culturally insensitive edifices next to culturally sensitive holes in the ground, you can play as the proponent or opposition, should be fun
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:22 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This is incredible stupidity. Bush was the President when we went to war. You just get worse and worse. Nothing i wrote even remotely suggested that one should or should not support this war--i was mute on that topic.

You're the ******* troll, asshole. You're the one who is accusing me of scurrilous beliefs without a shred of evidence. You're ******* psychotic, Rex.
Set Obama and the libs have carried Bush's gauntlet in the "troop surge" initiated by Obama and the democrats in Afghanistan...

And you didn't address any of my other points. Why? Because you can't... All you can do is toss your slurs, insults like a troll and try and bait me into joining you in your hate. Well keep your hate you are well deserving of it.

Some of us may want to get on with the discussion in a civilized manner rather than resort to your immature and childish name calling.

If you don't stick to the topic I will report you to the moderator.

There is a reason why moderation is the root of the word moderator...

Do I need to go into your threads again and reciprocate? You know I will, don't you...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:22 pm
@djjd62,
I think that they should incorporate one more role in the multiplayer field.

instead of the taliban, I want to play as Halliburton.
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:27 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i've got this great idea for one of those sim type games, SiMosque, you have to build culturally insensitive edifices next to culturally sensitive holes in the ground, you can play as the proponent or opposition, should be fun

The sims is a great game and yes building a mosque/fitness center at ground zero, I would rather see a Walmart built there. I don't care to see any more churches built anywhere. I am done with all religions. All they do is incite fear and create more wars...

Spirituality is fine I guess but religion just plain sucks...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:53 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I think that they should incorporate one more role in the multiplayer field.

instead of the taliban, I want to play as Halliburton.

Nearly all strategy games need resource gatherers... Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:04 pm
@RexRed,

This is all irrational gabble on your part. I did not state or suggest that this war was conservative or liberal. I was responding to your hysterical response to me pointing out that there are Pushtuns who support the Taliban.

You're irrational response was to attempt to suggest that i support the Taliban. You have also attempted to characterize my attitude toward supp0rt for this war. I have not said a single thing which can reasonably be characterized as support for the Taliban, and it is characteristic of conservatives such as you to claim that people who don't think like you are supporters of the evil terrorists.

You were the one who cast the slur of troll, so don't try to weasel out by claiming to be an innocent victim. You get treated as you treat others.

RexRed wrote:
Straw man? Perhaps EA games should create a video game propping up the Taliban and Al Qaeda against Israel... Are you all for that?

These blasted A2K trolls.

As for your puerile threats, help yourself. I can assure you i am indifferent to your childish tactics.

If you don't want people to call you names, don't call others names.
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:28 pm
Set I welcomed you into his thread and your next reply you said this...

Do us all a favor, Rex, and especially yourself, and grow a brain...

So I repeat...

These blasted A2K trolls. (please note I didn't call you directly a troll... though I could have, and, believe me, I wanted to, but I can show moral restraint...)

Then you wrote back NOT that we should try and communicate in a friendly way but you wrote these disgusting words pointed directly at me...

QUOTE Set: You're the ******* troll, asshole. You're ******* psychotic, Rex.

Now...

Adam Gadahn, again, 31-years-old. Born in California, he essentially served as a spokesperson for al Qaeda, as far back as 2004. We've been seeing videotaped messages by Adam Gadahn where he's speaking in English. He delivered his latest videotaped message, coincidentally, today. It surfaced today. Once again, in his message, he encouraged Muslims in the West to wage jihad in America, on American soil, against American targets. Again, Gadahn started -- studied Islam in college in California back around 1997, 1998. He eventually converted to Islam, came to this region. He married an Afghan woman. He's been here ever since. He joined al Qaeda.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/07/bn.01.html

Now I am not quoting Fox News anymore Set, I am quoting a liberal news outlet CNN...

Set, go away... You think you are smarter than everyone else but your pompous attitude negates anything you have to say.

I welcomed you knowing you have been a total a jerk to me in the past... I can let bygones be bygones but you by your third post are attaching me and not my opinion.

So I repeat again...

These blasted A2K trolls. It is one thing to be a troll but it is another thing to harbor and force opinions (through insult and name calling) that are just plain wrong.
Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:37 pm
@RexRed,
You showed moral restraint? That's hilarious. What a puling hypocrite. You had already accused me of being a Taliban supporter. Is that your idea of moral restraint?

You have no control over who can enter a thread and respond to it. Get over it, and while you're at it, get over your conservative hysteria.

Hypocrite

Liar
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You showed moral restraint? That's hilarious. What a puling hypocrite. You had already accused me of being a Taliban supporter. Is that your idea of moral restraint?

You have no control over who can enter a thread and respond to it. Get over it, and while you're at it, get over your conservative hysteria.

Hypocrite

Liar

Why in the world would I ever accuse you of supporting ****? I don't really care who you support Set.

Why didn't you quote my accusation here? Where did I accused you of supporting the Taliban? Now you are fabricating to justify your error and lack of conscience too.

Who really is the hypocrite and the liar?

And still no comment on "Adam" our home grown Al Qaeda supporter who marred an Afghan woman... Did you skip over that part or are you in denial again? Your opinion has a serious lack of credibility and an over abundance of arrogance.

Time to boycott Set...
RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This is all irrational gabble on your part. I did not state or suggest that this war was conservative or liberal. I was responding to your hysterical response to me pointing out that there are Pushtuns who support the Taliban.

You're irrational response was to attempt to suggest that i support the Taliban. You have also attempted to characterize my attitude toward supp0rt for this war. I have not said a single thing which can reasonably be characterized as support for the Taliban, and it is characteristic of conservatives such as you to claim that people who don't think like you are supporters of the evil terrorists.

You were the one who cast the slur of troll, so don't try to weasel out by claiming to be an innocent victim. You get treated as you treat others.

RexRed wrote:
Straw man? Perhaps EA games should create a video game propping up the Taliban and Al Qaeda against Israel... Are you all for that?

These blasted A2K trolls.

As for your puerile threats, help yourself. I can assure you i am indifferent to your childish tactics.

If you don't want people to call you names, don't call others names.
\
Are you going to take away my free speech now? And where did I call you any names here? I welcomed you, but, did you thank me for welcoming you to my thread? NO.... you called me an asshole. How brilliant, especially coming from you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 06:00 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. This is entertainment, nothing else. Playing video games my kids and I have been a Nazi, a hitman, a goblin http://i50.tinypic.com/34ri13d.jpg from the Lord of the Rings, a demon lord, a Ninja assassin and Darth Vader. So what? These are fantasy roles.

I'M DEEPLY OFFENDED!! http://i47.tinypic.com/2jg1jt5.jpg A GOBLIN!! http://i50.tinypic.com/20rnxmq.jpg?!

Oh my! I feel the vapors coming on...
http://www.creatingacomic.com/images/victorian-fainting.jpg

Perhaps we should boycott you!!

Okay... sorry... I just got some smelling salts and some clarity...

for a goblin, you make a pretty reasonable case for level headedness and free speech. Wink
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:14 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
The Germans today are trying to put that ugliness behind them... Do you think games that allow people to legitimize Hitler is good for Germany and the world as a whole? We have a widespread antisemitism problem in Europe as it is, shall we legitimize that now too?

The ww2 German army is not Hitler and was one of the best and most interesting fighting forces in modern times and would had been whoever was in charge of the German government at the time and whatever the policies of that government might had been.

It achievements and failures is of interest to many people who share an interest in the history of warfare.

Once in playing a WW2 war game online I was in command of the Japanese combine naval forces and by such moves as sacrificing two fleet carriers early on to knock out the Panama Canal won that match.

Now my father was in the Pacific and took part in fighting the Japanese but I never feel bad that I was playing a game on the side of the Japanese.

It was just an interesting and amusing game.
Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:49 am
@RexRed,
I don't give a rat's ass about your paranoid fantasies regarding some dope in your hometown--it's meaningless.

I mentioned that there are people that support the Taliban. That is undeniable. Your hysterical response was to ask me, rhetorically, if i support their policies and actions. You called them fascists, which is incorrect. You also brought up the Nazis. The fact that you attempt, in a lame fashion, to distance yourself through oblique accusations doesn't alter the fact that you get hysterical and accuse other people of scurrilous positions, without good cause. This other guy, Max, you've accused him of being a bad parent, and a supporter of terrorists--and you don't know a goddamned thing about him.

This happens in all your idiot threads. You come up with some loopy, off-the-wall thesis, and then you lay about you insulting anyone who shows up who dares disagree with you.

You're a hypocrite, and you behave completely without moral restraint, while sneering at others for their behavior.

I told you to grow a brain because nothing i had written even remotely suggested that i support the Taliban. Your response was to elliptically call me a troll--the fact that you tarted the old whore of an insult with a new dress doesn't alter your obvious intent. It has escalated from there. You are responsible for the initial melt down of this brainless thread.

Nothing new here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 12:39 pm
Attention Friends... Setana is now on my ignore list. I didn't even bother to read the spam in his last response he posted in my thread I don't have the time or desire to waste my life on such tripe. So if it seems like I am ignoring him, well, I am... maybe if he started losing friends he might be a bit nicer, but, I doubt it.
RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:04 pm
@BillRM,
As we all know some games seem fun till something of morality begins to surface then they fall out of public favor as being over the top. Society is changing constantly and morality is evolving and if we are going to pull together as a global community some of the war games between "us and them" need to be set aside for friendlier measures. I love war games myself but I don't need or really desire to play a German or the Taliban I would rather play a zerg, goblin or a worm...

Perhaps the brutality and realism of war is a sobering reminder of how precious peace is... Wars have marked purposes and when those purposes are lost and blurred then the sacrifice, hardship and true heroism becomes forgotten.

BillRM

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:12 pm
@RexRed,
Wars and conflicts had always been part of humans and is likely to remain part of our makeups

Hopefully we can keep them fairly small scale going forward.
RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:13 pm
@BillRM,
Amen brother Bill, err, I once played a monk. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 01:57 pm
@RexRed,
This silliness is, of course, predicated on the notion that Rex was ever a friend of mine in the first place--an absurd proposition on the face of it.

You misspelled my name, clown.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 02:01 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
So if it seems like I am ignoring him, well, I am...

probably a good idea - it can be easier on the blood pressure to ignore people that we can't find common ground with
Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 02:06 pm
Oh sure . . . say something reasonable . . . sheesh . . .
0 Replies