Time To Boycott EA games?

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 12:33 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

Ah yes, you act like a child that abhore veggies out of irrationallity, not because of some intelligent refusal.

It seems you are overly sensetive, in short ..hysteric.

Rational based people can shoot whomever they want in computer games, and make a distinction, they shoot without prejudism as they precive the enemy as mere graphic, and not as a real person, which seems you can't.

I'v played a computer game called Age of Kings, there was a girl who refused to kill a sheep, which is clearly lack of rationallity, it's only a digital life form, not a real life form, it's people who clearly lack rational thinking that will display such behaviour.

I have played Microsoft's Age of King too I actually own two copied of Age of Kings... I have slaughtered many virtual monks and I like to play as the Teutons in that game too. I am no noob to games but I also have boundaries and WAY too much respect for our men and women in arms to deface their service and commitment by playing against them as the ******* Taliban. So are you going to stone pregnant women accused of adultery and lob grenades in crowds of young school children for Allah? I don't need the game to be banned from my ability to purchase it to know it is a bad idea. If you feel the desire to simulate stoning pregnant women to death and killing innocent civilians and if this is what you need to find pleasure in life then you have more serious issues and need help. MY BOUNDARIES are that I will not participate in such a dereliction of morality. If you need this to get your kicks then you are one sick sheep.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:09 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
I am no noob to games but I also have boundaries and WAY too much respect for our men and women in arms to deface their service and commitment by playing against them as the ******* Taliban. So are you going to stone pregnant women accused of adultery and lob grenades

And once more you had posted that you are happy that the game is now slightly harder for the very men and women you are claiming to respect to buy???????

Your position of protecting the feelings of the troops by stopping the same troops from buying and playing the game is insane on it face.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:23 pm
@RexRed,
Sorry for going OT, but did you play online? What was your player name? ..and did you ever meet the ExTiNcT clan ?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:26 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I am no noob to games but I also have boundaries and WAY too much respect for our men and women in arms to deface their service and commitment by playing against them as the ******* Taliban. So are you going to stone pregnant women accused of adultery and lob grenades

And once more you had posted that you are happy that the game is now slightly harder for the very men and women you are claiming to respect to buy???????

Your position of protecting the feelings of the troops by stopping the same troops from buying and playing the game is insane on it face.

You act as if this game is a military persons only desire in life. This is where your premise is misguided. Don't you think a military persons' life is filled with more pressing matters than playing the Taliban who wants them dead? They have nightmares of their mortal enemy and you act as if there is a secret love affair going on. Kinda twisted if you ask me. I expect our military has their priorities in better line than you do.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:35 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
You act as if this game is a military persons only desire in life. This is where your premise is misguided. Don't you think a military persons' life is filled with more pressing matters than playing the Taliban who wants them dead? They have nightmares of their mortal enemy and you act as if there is a secret love affair going on. Kinda twisted if you ask me. I expect our military has their priorities in better line than you do.

What does any of the above have to do with the PR move you had posted you are happy with baning this game being sold on bases PS?

If you have all this respect for the feelings of the troops when the fact that this game is selling well to them on their bases seem to indicate they as a group have no problem with this game.

So who feelings are you protecting here?
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:38 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

What does any of the above have to do with the PR move you had posted you are happy with baning this game being sold on bases PS?

If you have all this respect for the feelings of the troops when the fact that this game is selling well to them on their bases seem to indicate they as a group have no problem with this game.

So who feelings are you protecting here?

Do you think playing the Taliban is respectful to our troops? It is banned out of respect to the troops not to cause them any difficulty in getting the game.
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:44 pm
what i don't get is why anybody would want to play as the taliban, if the weaponry is realistic, the allies outgun the taliban ten ways to sunday, sure the taliban fight dirty but that's as much do the restraints of the american military as anything aelse, something that won't hold true in the game, anyone playing as an american soldier could just destroy every vehicle and shoot any civilian with his superior fire power, in a one on one fight where the american soldiers didn't have to hold back, it would be a turkey shoot
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:00 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

what i don't get is why anybody would want to play as the taliban, if the weaponry is realistic, the allies outgun the taliban ten ways to sunday, sure the taliban fight dirty but that's as much do the restraints of the american military as anything aelse, something that won't hold true in the game, anyone playing as an american soldier could just destroy every vehicle and shoot any civilian with his superior fire power, in a one on one fight where the american soldiers didn't have to hold back, it would be a turkey shoot
If you ever have played the game Command and Conquer Generals it was EA's attempt to use Al Qaeda but by calling them the GLA. (what ever GLA stands for but it was known that they were styled after Al Qaeda.) So the GLA got their resources by hacking on the black market and people who hate the USA could get their jollies killing the US and/or China factions. So you had suicide bombers and trucks laden with explosives and driven unto military checkpoints. So EA has poisoned the gaming world before with their anti US insensitivity to sovereign countries of today's armies. If they would just make up fantasy teams then I would be cool with the basic tactics.

Also yes the allies out gun the Taliban but that will not be the case in this game the Taliban will be elevated to match the allies strength, this is what is called a balanced AI...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:12 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Do you think playing the Taliban is respectful to our troops? It is banned out of respect to the troops not to cause them any difficulty in getting the game.

So it does not matter one little bit what the soldiers think or feel it your opinions and people of like mind that matter.

If the soldiers do not have a problem with the game that is beside the point they should have a problem with the game.
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

So it does not matter one little bit what the soldiers think or feel it your opinions and people of like mind that matter.

If the soldiers do not have a problem with the game that is beside the point they should have a problem with the game.
The soldiers care that their own country stands strongly for them in support and are not beguiled by unscrupulous game makers to take our eye off the goal. If our soldiers can remain single minded and focused upon America's war SO SHOULD WE...
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:22 pm
@RexRed,
OK you do not think that it matter what our men and women in the military think only your opinion that count about showing them respect.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:31 pm
Quote:
“It’s a form of entertainment,” said Sgt. Danny Waynes, 28, who served in Iraq. “I think it’s wrong to blatantly censor something, whether it be a book, a movie or a video game.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/10/us/10military.html?ref=technology

I wonder if what the ancient Romans would have thought if they knew people were allowed to play the Vandals or the Goths in Rome: Total War: Barbarian Invasions?

Mr. Red? This is the exact same thing.

And there are several games where the player can choose a Nazi soldier:
Quote:
Last year that rule was challenged on at least two fronts. In November, Activision released Return to Castle Wolfenstein, a game in which players take the role of a United States soldier on a mission ''to thwart Heinrich Himmler's occult and genetic experiments.'' The multiplayer version, which pits players against one another online, allows some players to fight as German soldiers.

And even before Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another realistic first-person shooter with a Nazi protagonist was making a stir: Day of Defeat, which was released for online play last January.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/03/technology/defying-a-taboo-nazi-protagonists-invade-video-games.html

And if there is ever a video game in which depicts the Israeli/Palestine conflict, which side will you be taking offense against for allowing the players to choose from? Will you, Rexred, get all up and arms if the player can choose the Jewish occupier? Or the terrorist Palestinian?

Take a step back and give this whole delusional controversy some historical context.

Art has always tried to push the viewer into uncomfortable and different perspectives. The Tin Drum and Das Boot are two films.

Vonnegut's novel Mother Night has a Nazi propagandist as the protagonist. I suppose you'll go on a book burning tour next Mr. Red, non?

I bet there are some people who object to certain novels and films that portray ... <<<<<<<<<GASP>>>>>>>>> persons of the homosexual agenda and lifestyle as the protagonist.

Shame on them! Mad
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:34 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

OK you do not think that it matter what our men and women in the military think only your opinion that count about showing them respect.
I think the US respect and support for them is first and foremost in their mind. They could care less about these games really. They don't need a virtual simulation like this, they live it in real life and when it says, "game over" for them, another US flag is given to a loved one.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think Grand Theft Auto is a repulsive video game with its allowing of rape and murder of prostitutes as well as carjacking and murder and other senseless killings but I'm not going to burn down the Rockstar Games headquarters and lynch the company executives in order to censor their free speech, no matter how contemptible it its to my sensibilities.
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I think Grand Theft Auto is a repulsive video game with its allowing of rape and murder of prostitutes as well as carjacking and murder and other senseless killings but I'm not going to burn down the Rockstar Games headquarters and lynch the company executives in order to censor their free speech, no matter how contemptible it its to my sensibilities.
It is a pity that America has to produce and export such filth for the rest of the world to emulate.

Ever played "redneck rampage"?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39119240/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This headline is sure becoming common place.. Was this person just role playing? Who if not the game makers and media do we hold accountable? The more these games and movies depict excessive violence the more decadent our culture has become.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
A friend of mine thinks he is a sith lord... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:38 pm
Fighting Machine

Deep in the mystical forest
Where legends inspire the soul
Suits of armor gleam
In battles of woe
Places where mortal men
Fear to go
Stands a warrior
Fighting Machine
When violence rules the mind
And tenderness is blind
Where wars are fought
And enemies are deceived
By the secret battles
They've perceived  
The scenery forever changed
Something slowly dies inside
The truth is what we hide
Fighting Machine
Fighting Machine
The thoughts of war
Have made you mean
'Till you became a fighting machine

The charm surrounds the battle ground
Like a dark foreboding spell
The dogs of war are howling out
To call the hounds of hell
The armies clash in one great roar
To quench their wicked swords
Their souls cry out for victory
As they cut their mortal chords
Charge the castle wall
And watch the enemy fall
Though the battle was won
The war has just begun
The scenery forever changed
Something slowly dies inside
The truth is what we hide
Fighting Machine
Fighting Machine
The thoughts of war
Have made you mean
'Till you became a fighting machine

RexRed
Copyright 2005
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 04:28 pm
Looks like "medal of honor" tanked in sales ne way.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/medal-of-honor/news/ea-medal-of-honor-sales-are-great-were-not-giving-up-on-first-person-shooters-despite-reception/a-20101014112518200034/g-20091202102349334067/c-1#10374492282506641286935744508592972

Was it really the game play?

The graphics look absolutely stunning or is the reason why its sales didn't hit due to EA's rank insensitivity to real world events?

I have to admit the desert scenes look really nice in the online vids of the game but i would rather be shooting my own foot than my brothers in arms.

Still two thumbs down for this game. Fire the idiot who shoved this game down our throats please EA... remember the word "fantasy" belongs in description of role playing.

I am a very liberal person and still I have problems with this game.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 07:51 am
@RexRed,
I bought a copy of Medal of Honor for my son and I to play. Neither of us were that impressed. It turns out that Call of Duty is simply a better game.

I don't think the boycott is the reason for the game's low sales figures.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:44 am
@RexRed,
If this boycott had works it would likely to be the very first time in the history of the world where a boycott resulted in anything but greater sales.

Hell I do not normally play those games any longer but all you posting did was to created a mild desire to go out and buy it.