Time To Boycott EA games?

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 12:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If this boycott had works it would likely to be the very first time in the history of the world where a boycott resulted in anything but greater sales.

Hell I do not normally play those games any longer but all you posting did was to created a mild desire to go out and buy it.

Bill what kind of a person puts curiosity over principle?
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 01:42 pm
@RexRed,
What principle are you referring to?

Your principles is surely not mine as I have zero problem with taking any side in a game unlike you.

In fact I used to love playing the side of the Germany or the Japanese in ww2 games.
RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 04:04 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

What principle are you referring to?

Your principles is surely not mine as I have zero problem with taking any side in a game unlike you.

In fact I used to love playing the side of the Germany or the Japanese in ww2 games.
Well then I would call you seemingly unprincipled. Perhaps if the war were at your very own doorstep you would change your tune.

Sound like a treat? No, it just fantasy role playing, right?

And to think you have poisoned your kids too with your own stupid idiocy. Bad parent.

You are not only unprincipled but insensitive to old wounds and why can't these video game wars be fought under fantasy teams rather than using a country and defaming the present with old barbaric hatreds of the past?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 04:57 pm
This is just another sad commentary on how unprincipled people are widening the cultural gap between cultures. Shoot anyone with a towel on their head! (cynical) Then these same idiots (like bill) feed their children with the same hate and perpetuate the hate for another generation. This game does nothing to help unify the world but it poisons yet another generation so these wars may be protracted for decades rather than years.

I want peace with the people of Iran and North Korea... it is the foremost thing in my heart and mind. I would never even dream of role playing and calling a travesty like this a "game". I am in hope north Korea's new leader will break ranks with his father once he is the sole ruler of the country.

I am reminded of my mother (may she rest in peace). She was one of the most worldly and culturally loving people I have ever met. But prejudices from her past even lurked in such a great soul.

As a child whenever we would touch something that was forbidden she would say, "keep your cotton picking fingers out of such and such..."

I never know what it really meant as a youngster but as I grew older I remembered back and now I find that highly offensive.

This is not a game... people's countries have been turned into war zones and Americans have the audacity to sit on their butts and play for hours on end games like this without even a thought of the murder and carnage in their unawares that others are facing every single day...

It is not merely unprincipled but sociopathic.
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 07:25 pm
@RexRed,
My lord why would you play any war game if that is your feelings?

As far as North Korean IS concern it look like we will end up needing to bomb then until thEY see the light of reason.

You can not allow thrugs to kill your citizens or your friends citizens at whim forever.

But I am sure that your love and peace measures would had work wonders on the Empire of Japan or the Nazis for example just like it will work wonders on North Korean or Iran.
RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 07:41 pm
@BillRM,
Perhaps if there were less people like you in the world whose solution to every clash is to just drop bombs there might be some peace on this earth.

Yes thugs resort to violence rather than peaceful means of resolving differences. A perpetual vicious cycle passed down from generation to generation. War breeds war.

I am not against war games but I am certainly against dredging up old wounds from the past and flaunting them in the face of a new and detached generation.

How about a plantation game where we can relive the glory of the old south? Shall we depict all the laborers in the game as black and plantation owners as white and sell it to our children? It is just a harmless role playing game... (cynical)

No matter how sprightly you make this all seem you will always end up in the wrong Bill.

Seems harmless on the surface but inside it cuts the heart to shreds.

I have a lot of EA games that I love but this one just plain sucks...
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:22 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
No matter how sprightly you make this all seem you will always end up in the wrong Bill.

Feel free to try to surpress history all you wish to but good old fashion violence and had settle the fate of most nations and empires in human history.
RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:59 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Feel free to try to surpress history all you wish to but good old fashion violence and had settle the fate of most nations and empires in human history.
Did it? Who really wins?

WW2 casualties... Estimates of total dead range from 50 million to over 70 million. Sounds like the stuff games are made of?
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 10:06 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
WW2 casualties... Estimates of total dead range from 50 million to over 70 million. Sounds like the stuff games are made of?

Sure any numbers of fine games and those games did not cause one more deaths to have occur either any more then games dealing with Roman battles with Carthage that kill hundreds of thousands of men women and children had done.
RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 12:28 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Sure any numbers of fine games and those games did not cause one more deaths to have occur either any more then games dealing with Roman battles with Carthage that kill hundreds of thousands of men women and children had done.
How do you know these games don't contribute to escalated violence? There is crime all over the place mostly where these types of media are available. And most of these crimes are tied to derelict music forms and cultural decadence such as these games. Think of what a simple "VIRAL VIDEO" on youtube can spurn on of kids bullying their classmates and posting it online. Violence is not a game when it happens to you huh? Only when it happens to others. Double standards there also... Do you have even a single virtue to impart to your siblings Bill?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 01:11 am
I don't really mean any offense by all of this Bill but I am err, sticking to my guns. (so to speak)
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 04:13 am
@RexRed,
Sorry but I can remember the same damn nonsense when it came to comic books in the 1960s.

In any case boys had been playing at war for the last few thouands years for sure without the aid of computer games.

I can only assume that any culture who boys did not played at war ended up no longer existing to pass on their cultures.

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 01:20 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Sorry but I can remember the same damn nonsense when it came to comic books in the 1960s.

In any case boys had been playing at war for the last few thouands years for sure without the aid of computer games.

I can only assume that any culture who boys did not played at war ended up no longer existing to pass on their cultures.

The issue here is not whether if video games cause violence or aggressive behavior (war breed war) but whether if it is ethical and/or of good principle to take sovereign peaceful countries (or races, religions) of today and perpetuate current or not so recent events and rub them back in their faces only furthering and solidifying the lack of solidarity among nations and peoples. There are better, more productive ways to wile away the hours. There is enough tension already on the world front then to add gas to the flames, only common sense. When there is trouble at sea don't intentionally rock the boat. You might also consider that the same boys that were reading these comic books in the sixties are now our generals of today.
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 04:02 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
The issue here is not whether if video games cause violence or aggressive behavior (war breed war) but whether if it is ethical and/or of good principle to take sovereign peaceful countries (or races, religions) of today and perpetuate current or not so recent events and rub them back in their faces only furthering and solidifying the lack of solidarity among nations and peoples

You mean that wars games dealing with historic events are going to somehow interfere with the relationships between current people and nations!

Lord so all those wonderful reenactments let along hundreds of books, movies and games concerning the US civil war is causing ill will between the citizens of the states that would otherwise not exist?

That games that re-fight the Pacific navel war between the US and the Japanese empire is somehow going to cause ill will between modern Japan and the US?

Frankly I think you are very far out on this one.

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 06:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
The issue here is not whether if video games cause violence or aggressive behavior (war breed war) but whether if it is ethical and/or of good principle to take sovereign peaceful countries (or races, religions) of today and perpetuate current or not so recent events and rub them back in their faces only furthering and solidifying the lack of solidarity among nations and peoples

You mean that wars games dealing with historic events are going to somehow interfere with the relationships between current people and nations!

Lord so all those wonderful reenactments let along hundreds of books, movies and games concerning the US civil war is causing ill will between the citizens of the states that would otherwise not exist?

That games that re-fight the Pacific navel war between the US and the Japanese empire is somehow going to cause ill will between modern Japan and the US?

Frankly I think you are very far out on this one.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, and the native Americans love Columbus right? They would never dream of being offended by our thanksgiving or Columbus Day "reenactments". Huh?

Far out? And what happens when southerners try to run for public office here in the US by invoking the confederate flag? err, protests?

But as long as your doubles standard is stroked Bill everything is fine right?

You seem insensitive to issues of racism and you think it is fine teaching your child to shoot people wearing towels on their heads in a game... When both sides have guns... You are part of the problem and not part of any type of solution. Every time you open your mouth you drive the wedge deeper dividing future generations wider apart. And you call this a game? Commemorating war and genocide? This disease will separate cultures as long as ignorance rules over cultural diversity, unity and MUTUAL RESPECT.

The native Americans offered Columbus an olive branch and in turn he murdered and enslaved them. Should Spaniards today pay for this? NO. Should they revel in it and create video games depicting it and celebrate and commemorate these horrific events and misdeeds perpetrated by Columbus? HELL NO!

Do you think this is a game to these protesters at Mission San Juan?

"all those wonderful reenactments"!???????
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 07:12 pm
@RexRed,
As I said before we are not going to agree that any war game is harmful in of itself.
RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 10:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

As I said before we are not going to agree that any war game is harmful in of itself.

Apparently it has been harmful to EA games bottom line and their own self respect. I still think EA should shut down their game servers and go in a new and fresh direction. I would have bought their new game in a flash had it been set in some sort of fantasy place disconnected from any modern sensibilities.

EA should refund people's money and apologize for making such a horrendously appalling game...

The present war is bad enough than to have mindless drones reveling in it.

I know it is wrong and that is all that matters to me really.

As for Columbus... Yes he sailed the ocean blue then he murders and enslaved many thousands of people. I am with the native American on this one, he is better as a mere side note in history. He should also be remembered for what he did to the indigenous people of this continent after he got here.

People think Christianity is an excuse for such carnage but it is a reason for it and a reminder that religion unfettered is the root of all evil. This is why our county (America) is guided by secular principles. Rightly so... Columbus' conduct was inexcusable and barbaric to say the least.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 10:50 pm
http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/medal-of-honor-video-game-still-banned-by-military-despite-t/19663649

If the game is of no harm Bill why did the generals of the most powerful military force on earth ban it? Do you know something our generals don't know?

Perhaps you could enlighten our five star generals of your inimical philosophy?

And EA changed the name from "the taliban" to "opposing forces" ummm if no harm then why? Perhaps troop morale? But a game is so much more important than our troops morale huh?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368727,00.asp

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/10/us-maintains-medal-of-honor-ban-on-military-bases.html

http://www.destructoid.com/medal-of-honor-banned-from-military-stores-183060.phtml

http://www.itproportal.com/2010/9/6/medal-honor-banned-us-military-bases/

http://kotaku.com/5618956/british-defense-boss-wants-medal-of-honor-banned

To list only a very few links on this subject.

Where on earth did you ever get your copy of this game Bill, did you mail order it from hackers in Russia or buy it on the North Korean black market?

An email circulated amongst employees read:

“GameStop has agreed out of respect for our past and present men and women in uniform we will not carry Medal of Honor in any of our AAFES based stores.

Yes Bill, I guess you could call it "RESPECT"... do you or EA have any of that? Is this the lesson you want to teach your children to disrespect those in service of our country?
0 Replies

Hcoregamer

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 05:30 pm
I'm sorry did we all forget the violent nature in human beings? I'd rather have kids paying violent video games then have them actually do it in real life. The idea that video games cause violent behavior is complete bull ****. edgar allen poe wrote disturbing stories but did people immediately start reenacting them? No! His stories have gone down in history as being some of the great works of literature. If you can't play a game without knowing it's just a story then you need to be put into a straight jacket. Why can't people just shut the **** up and move on with their pathetic lives without ruining other people's live. It's my right as a citizen to play or watch whatever I want. So leave my rights and freedom alone!
RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2012 10:27 am
@Hcoregamer,
Hcoregamer wrote:

I'm sorry did we all forget the violent nature in human beings? I'd rather have kids paying violent video games then have them actually do it in real life. The idea that video games cause violent behavior is complete bull ****. edgar allen poe wrote disturbing stories but did people immediately start reenacting them? No! His stories have gone down in history as being some of the great works of literature. If you can't play a game without knowing it's just a story then you need to be put into a straight jacket. Why can't people just shut the **** up and move on with their pathetic lives without ruining other people's live. It's my right as a citizen to play or watch whatever I want. So leave my rights and freedom alone!

Yes and if I wanted to take an image of your face "Hcoregamer" and put it in a game and sell it world wide and let people shoot target practice at it I can play or watch whatever I want... I can do whatever I want without judgment or repercussions. People have no right to judge me... (cynical)

Why can't people just shut the **** up and move on with their pathetic lives without ruining other people's live. (Correction "lives?")
0 Replies