Time To Boycott EA games?

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:12 pm
@RexRed,
you so circularly do not get my points that it's funny.

Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:12 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

funny, when i see pentagon footage of al queda training camps, it looks more like when we played war or cowboys and indians when i was a kid

not much like a video game at all

That is because the pentagon has "good sense" to only show what is permissible for public viewing...
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:15 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

don't forget slapping hookers around, i could never get the backhand right, thank you rockstar

Err, as I told you I never bought that game... I have class and ethics when it comes to games...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:17 pm
@RexRed,
my point being, soldiers train for war by playing army man, not by playing video games

flight simulators might help someone training for air combat, and i'm thinking there are training simulators for tank crews, but the taliban are pretty short on tanks and aircraft
Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:17 pm
@RexRed,
but EA got the secret footage and made a game of it, right?

it looked about like every other shootemup bloody game I've seen.

what secret tactics do they expose, rex?
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

but EA got the secret footage and made a game of it, right?

it looked about like every other shootemup bloody game I've seen.

what secret tactics do they expose, rex?

There are secret documents that have been leaked if you only got to wikileaks you can read secret operative reports about the Afghan war...

Apparently we have some scumbag who is selling military intelligence to hurt our efforts in Afghanistan...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:31 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

my point being, soldiers train for war by playing army man, not by playing video games

flight simulators might help someone training for air combat, and i'm thinking there are training simulators for tank crews, but the taliban are pretty short on tanks and aircraft

I will guarantee I have more video game experience than both of you put together...
I have played "call of duty" many times before... It is an ok game but not my favorite type and this new edition tarnishes the franchise for me.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:35 pm
@RexRed,
I was playing video games before you knew what your penis was for...

but ok.
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I was playing video games before you knew what your penis was for...

but ok.

Have you ever played "scorched earth"?

If you have to Google it I rest my case...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:46 pm
@RexRed,
that may be, i didn't realize the topic was, how many video games have you played

RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:47 pm
Yup he had to Google it... Razz
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:52 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

that may be, i didn't realize the topic was, how many video games have you played

It helps to know the current state of the gaming world before one makes assumptions as to if a new game oversteps certain ethical boundaries...

As I said I will not be ever playing this game I will assure you. Besides I don't like first person shooters and co-op type games. They are boring to me... I don't feel the desire to go from tent to tent slitting US soldiers throats for Allah. Not my ideal of a fun evening playing video games.
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:55 pm
@RexRed,
if we want to talk early gaming, ever programmed a game yourself using a commodore tape drive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_Datassette

ever make a couple of shop nerds nervous by playing burger time in a computer store in toronto (about 1984) while tripping on micro-dot
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:58 pm
@RexRed,
the last great game i played (in my opinion) was the half life series

i still rock doom, rise of the triad and old school wolfenstein on my ipod touch, and the 3 GTA games and scrabble for PSP

i also have a few xbox (original) games
Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Medal of Honor is a very popular first person shooter. I was unaware of this game, but i saw the original version back in the late 90s. In that game, the target were Nazis. If this is anything like the first game in the series, the player will be killing Taliban, not playing them. I suspect that whoever is complaining really doesn't know much about the game.

I have only on game from EA, which is 1503, a game from a German company, produced by an Austrian company, and distributed by EA. Medal of Honor is just one of dozens of successful games in the EA line up. If you're into FPS (i'm not, i prefer RPGs or strategic games), you might enjoy it.
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:04 pm
@Setanta,
i don't care enough to check, but i'm guessing the taliban option is a multiplayer online option, not single player option

i may be wrong
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:08 pm
@djjd62,
and i'm right

The latest version of the Medal of Honor game, published by Electronic Arts, allows gamers to opt to play the role of insurgents in a multi-player mode and receive points for killing allied soldiers.

most games with an online element can be modified to play the game from various points of view

the practice of self modification goes back years
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Medal of Honor is a very popular first person shooter. I was unaware of this game, but i saw the original version back in the late 90s. In that game, the target were Nazis. If this is anything like the first game in the series, the player will be killing Taliban, not playing them. I suspect that whoever is complaining really doesn't know much about the game.

I have only on game from EA, which is 1503, a game from a German company, produced by an Austrian company, and distributed by EA. Medal of Honor is just one of dozens of successful games in the EA line up. If you're into FPS (i'm not, i prefer RPGs or strategic games), you might enjoy it.

If it is a bunch of US soldiers killing Taliban then that is a bit milder than what I thought. Though I get the impression that in the multi-player mode you can actually play the Taliban and employ their war type tactics and battle style... Thus there would be training missions in the single player mode teaching the Taliban's unethical methods, (fighting dirty) so to speak.
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:12 pm
@RexRed,
looks like the taliban is only in multiplayer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_(2010_video_game)
Single-player Campaign

Plot

The game will feature a single-player campaign, in which the player will control multiple characters from both the “Tier 1” and “Big Military” perspectives. The storyline will follow several "Tier One Operators" working under the National Command Authority in Afghanistan during the 2001 War in Afghanistan. Players will also step into the shoes of an Army Ranger and will fight on a larger scale than the "Tier 1 Elite Ops" campaign, as players will only be a small part of the 'war machine'. The campaign will be heavily weighted (with regards to playtime) in favor of the Tier 1 group.

Gameplay

The gameplay is designed to be realistic, and to this end EA has hired several consultants from the United States military. Typical in-game objectives are expected to be similar to those issued in real life such as raiding terrorist hideouts, hostage rescues and undercover operations. The single player is set to include drivable vehicles such as helicopters, jeeps, and a quad bike.

Multiplayer

Medal of Honor's multiplayer is being developed by EA Digital Illusions CE. Electronic Arts released multiplayer beta keys for the PS3 and PC on June 21, 2010. The Xbox 360 beta was initially delayed, but eventually opened on July 20, 2010. This featured 3 different weapon classes, two different maps and two different game modes.

The online mode created a controversy when it was revealed that in this mode, players could play as the Taliban insurgents . The developers responded by stating the reality of the game necessitated it. "Most of us having been doing this since we were 7 -- if someone's the cop, someone's gotta be the robber, someone's gotta be the pirate and someone's gotta be the alien," Amanda Taggart, senior PR manager for EA, told AOL News. "In 'Medal of Honor' multiplayer, someone's gotta be the Taliban."
RexRed

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:21 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

the last great game i played (in my opinion) was the half life series

i still rock doom, rise of the triad and old school wolfenstein on my ipod touch, and the 3 GTA games and scrabble for PSP

I nearly defeated most if not all of these games Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Tomb Raider all editions... and halfway thought the last Doom, Both Halflife's but never defeated the whole games (not even on god mode) Rise of the triad was wild with incredible blood everywhere... I saw a friend of mine defeat that (with its bosses) in two nights and the expansion ( he cried when it was over) haha... And Max Payne one and two... I defeated the first Wolfenstein game myself till if found my way out of the compound. Smile Got a good ways through the second Wolfie...

I won't touch GTA (any version) too decadent for me...