7 states cancel presidential primary to save $

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:22 pm
Washington state is the seventh state to cancel their primary election. How can this be? How does it work? What does it mean?

SFGate.com link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:37 pm
It's a shame. Every interested citizen should be a part of the process.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:39 pm
seems like people giving up.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:57 pm
Can't afford it.
Hmmm....wonder why they can't. Couldn't be because of the Regime in Power could it? Nah...
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 10:08 pm
It is rather sad to see how Bush and politicians in general have squandered away so much money into pork barrel politics and yet managed to give so little of it to the states, towards improving the economy or to the social programs that actually help people get back on their feet. Every university in Ohio had to undertake huge increases in tuition because the state simply didn't have the money. And the situation is far far worse elsewhere.

But more than anything, I loathe GW and the neoconservative attitude that this nation should be based on christian beliefs and their morals should be enforced upon everyone. Sodomy laws spring to mind.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 10:20 pm
Centroles - that's something I can agree with. I take it from your recently started thread that you are republican?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 10:26 pm
Centroles - I too agree with you on this.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:08 am
I can't imagine how this is going to work in the general elections. Anyone know? Are we going to have ballots with 3 Democrat, 3 Republican, and assorted other candidates for one seat in the Senate.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:55 am
These loathsome mofos.
The truth: I hated Nixon, Reagon and Bush but I really hate this new gang. They are sabotoging the states and stifing dissent. While the states bleed out and the Middle Class and below suffer, these upper class scum leech off of us. Then insult us with their phoney morality.

The neo cons are sewing up this country. This districitng crap is their latest ploy to wrap the country into a fascist state. Democracy in Iraq? Hey, maybe they will have more of it that than we will, eh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:04 am
So, you regret the loss of primary elections?
0 Replies