17
   

What Do You Need To Be Free?

 
 
William
 
Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 02:40 am
What Do You Need To Be Free?

For all of you freedom loving individuals, please; tell me what it is that you think freedom is? If you are and others are, please tell me why you think you are and another is not.

Thanks for your cooperation. BTW do you think cooperation has anything to do with everyone being free?

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 5,069 • Replies: 94
No top replies

 
Caroline
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 02:45 am
@William,
To be free and not enslaved is the only way to live, we are free to be ourselves and express ourselves without fear. To be enslaved is like taking a butterfly and putting it in a box, it's not free to fly and be a butterfly.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 06:03 am
@William,
William wrote:
What Do You Need To Be Free?

For all of you freedom loving individuals, please; tell me what it is that you think freedom is?
If you are and others are, please tell me why you think you are and another is not.

Thanks for your cooperation. BTW do you think cooperation has anything to do with everyone being free?

William
I need government that is devoted to respecting Individualism, libertarianism including laissez faire free enterprize,
and freedom of self defense, including free and immediate access to the means thereof, and hedonism.
I need government to respect and confine its activities within the limits of its jurisdiction.

We must be aware that the domestic jurisdiction of government
and Individual liberty are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL.

I also need income taxation to END,
being all funding for government coming from sales taxes
at the same rate for everyone.

Co-operation can be OK, if it is fully voluntary and devoid of any coercion.
Enforced co-operation has been the basis of the most severe despotisms of the 20th Century (different forms of socialism).





David
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 06:40 am
@William,
a reasonably well functioning mind
IRFRANK
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:01 pm
Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.


Kris Kristofferson
laughoutlood
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 01:49 am
@William,
Quote:
What Do You Need To Be Free?


Will?
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 04:45 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.


Kris Kristofferson


Here we come with our candy and our guns
And our corporate muscle marches in behind us
For freedom's just another world for nothing left to sell
And if you want narcotics we can get you those as well


The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions
Billy Bragg
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 04:50 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

IRFRANK wrote:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.


Kris Kristofferson


Here we come with our candy and our guns
And our corporate muscle marches in behind us
For freedom's just another world for nothing left to sell
And if you want narcotics we can get you those as well


The Marching Song Of The Blind n Stupid Battalions

djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 04:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
funny, i thought it summed up ollie north and his crew pretty well when it was written
0 Replies
 
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:01 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

Quote:
What Do You Need To Be Free?


Will?


Hello lolood, Ha! I love short significant answers. Kudos to you my friend. What we will do we can do once all are free. This "will" is just that. You have free will my friend, just too many resistors that impede your flow. My parents had no idea of what they were doing when they name me William. Metaphysics in action. Ha! I was a "junior" no less. Now take the (?) away and replace it with one of these: (!)

William
0 Replies
 
William
 
  0  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

William wrote:
What Do You Need To Be Free?

For all of you freedom loving individuals, please; tell me what it is that you think freedom is?
If you are and others are, please tell me why you think you are and another is not.

Thanks for your cooperation. BTW do you think cooperation has anything to do with everyone being free?

William
I need government that is devoted to respecting Individualism, libertarianism including laissez faire free enterprize,
and freedom of self defense, including free and immediate access to the means thereof, and hedonism.
I need government to respect and confine its activities within the limits of its jurisdiction.

We must be aware that the domestic jurisdiction of government
and Individual liberty are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL.

I also need income taxation to END,
being all funding for government coming from sales taxes
at the same rate for everyone.

Co-operation can be OK, if it is fully voluntary and devoid of any coercion.
Enforced co-operation has been the basis of the most severe despotisms of the 20th Century (different forms of socialism).

David


Good answer David. Yes, we are social and instead of "voluntary" I think natural would be a better term when it comes to what we receive in and what we give out. You see it's not about choice; that's friction! It was said Einstein had duplicates of the same clothes so he would not have to expend so much mental energy trying to make a decision on what he was to wear.

Once we are all free all we will hear, see, sense, etc., will just come natural to us as it relates to what flows in and what flows out.

Thank, David.

William
0 Replies
 
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:16 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.
Kris Kristofferson


Pity, huh that one has to lose everything before they can realize what is truly valuable. Quantity? Quality? I've been down that road. I am responsible for little now and because of that I am freer that ever. It's all about sharing a load Frank.

Thanks for your input,

William
0 Replies
 
William
 
  2  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:23 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

To be free and not enslaved is the only way to live, we are free to be ourselves and express ourselves without fear. To be enslaved is like taking a butterfly and putting it in a box, it's not free to fly and be a butterfly.


Thank you sweetie. Makes one wonder about that "butterfly effect" huh. I once gave my daughter a parakeet for her birthday and many said to clip it's wings. I would hear of it. We never even closed the cage. He could talk and everything and called me "Mr. Bill", ha! As soon as I would enter my home he would fly and perch on my shoulder and most of the time chirped up a storm.

William
0 Replies
 
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:39 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

a reasonably well functioning mind


Mind? Do you or does anyone have any idea of what that is!? I know what you are saying and perhaps a little of your intent as to intelligence. That mind in which you speak can get confused when too much is taken in that is not needed that can disturb that mind especially when it comes to "choices". If it is free that mind works real well on it's own freely allowing a flow balancing input and output. The mind can tie up loose ends on it's own without any forced thought on your part consciously. The "sub-conscious" is God taking the wheel when you find yourself thinking too much and unable to focus on what you are consciously doing. With out getting too far off track, in essence I agree with what you are saying.

William
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:25 am
In order to be ourselves, we are free precisely when we are not...

Best Regards> Filipe de Albuquerque
Arjuna
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

In order to be ourselves, we are free precisely when we are not...

Best Regards> Filipe de Albuquerque
Hey! You can't stop there! more?
0 Replies
 
north
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:47 pm
@William,
William wrote:

What Do You Need To Be Free?

For all of you freedom loving individuals, please; tell me what it is that you think freedom is? If you are and others are, please tell me why you think you are and another is not.

Thanks for your cooperation. BTW do you think cooperation has anything to do with everyone being free?

William


the ability to question and enviroment to express this question , without fear

0 Replies
 
scaredtodie94
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:27 pm
@William,
I think bein free is feeling confortable in your own skin...Knowing there are people fighting for the feedom we have. Its what gives our hearts the abitily to heal and the hope that things will get better. Cooperation has alot to do with freedom everyone is like a team. But you should only make sure you feel free...
0 Replies
 
Pronounce
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:41 pm
@William,
As long as you're a part of a culture and subject to others you're not free. But for those who thought they'd like a monastic life and leave all the constraints of society ended up finding that this too had no freedom. For man lost in his freedom pursues shadows of his image.

Insane people are the only truly free people, because they've lost the ability to care about anything or anyone.
0 Replies
 
thack45
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 03:52 pm
@William,
Total self-sufficiency, under not a single thumb. As it happens, I am not free.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » What Do You Need To Be Free?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/19/2022 at 01:47:01