Rockhead

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:02 pm
@JTT,
it's the whole rocks and glass houses thingy.

it makes you come off as a holier than thou finger pointer...

just saying.

I kinda told the dys I'd not light you on fire over here, so Ima bugger off now...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, They are not pulling out the last combat troops out of Iraq; Obama is leaving 50k behind with guns. If they're not combat troops, I'm not sure about the definition.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:31 pm
@Rockhead,
What does this mean? Dys is all fine with JTT and his works?
JTT

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
it's the whole rocks and glass houses thingy.

it makes you come off as a holier than thou finger pointer...

just saying.

I kinda told the dys I'd not light you on fire over here, so Ima bugger off now...

No, Rocky, it ain't even close to that, though you seem dead set in making it that.

What it is is millions dead simply to line the pockets of a small group of greedy Americans. What it is is the constant propaganda that has left way too many Americans profoundly ignorant of the dealings of their governments.

But don't believe me. Believe your own government. Here's some viewing for you where John Stockwell lays it all out, lays out just what your government does/has done/continues to do.

Hope the link works. Happy viewing! [Yup, the link works]

http://www.google.ca/search?q=john+stockwell+cia+2009&hl=en&prmd=vo&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=HVxvTOf9A5TUtQO6l5iWCw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCsQqwQwAw
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Focus, Osso, focus. These aren't my works. These are from your government, from your government agents.
JPB

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:59 am
@JTT,
JTT, the problem with carrying a bullhorn and climbing up on a soapbox is that you end up shouting at the folks who already agree with you in at least some measure. I think your efforts to educate the ignorant masses of America's evil deeds is somewhat wasted here on these threads. First of all, few folks here are ignorant or accepting as right (or within our rights) the very actions you are attempting to educate us about. Second, the ones who don't have you on ignore are the ones who accept your point - they just wish you'd put down the bullhorn. Do you really find a large number of American apologists here? Particularly on a thread like this one which was against the principles of war-mongering from the beginning? Who here disagrees with you in principle?

You want us to control our government? Don't be ridiculous. We have no more control of our government than you do of yours - wherever that is.
JTT

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:23 am
@JPB,
Quote:
You want us to control our government? Don't be ridiculous. We have no more control of our government than you do of yours - wherever that is.

Didn't you just recently tell me of the revolution that was America in the 60s & 70s, JPB? When the people speak loud enough, the media listens, finally, albeit ever so reluctantly, then the government listens.

It ain't easy but silence is way worse.

But the silence is so stunning. No one even begins to address the FACT that the last administration consisted of numerous war criminals. Many Japanese and Germans were prosecuted for precisely what was done to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Just where might one find this much vaunted rule of law? You have to admit that thru the Reagan years and the Bush years, there was no rule of law. Reagan and his cronies, Bush and his, just a bunch of criminals.

Where are the conservatives/Republicans who constantly beat the drum of personal responsibility/ rule of law?

Think of the numerous Americans who are doing time for much less serios offences and these criminals walk around free, some are back in government. That's banana republic!

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:33 am
@JTT,
JTT, I agree again with your opinion; we had GW Bush who tortured our prisoners - an illegal act based on the Geneva Convention. Nobody bothered to prosecute him for this and the war he started in Iraq on false information - mainly Saddam's WMDs that the UN Inspectors were looking for, and Bush chased out to start his illegal war that ended up killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Even the world court failed to act; it was not only America.

Shame for shame; we allowed criminals to run our country.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:38 am
@JTT,
JTT, there are always natural consequences to actions taken. The natural consequences of America's predatory behaviors have produced the same results that predatory behaviors always produce - enemies and those who will fight back against the predator.

Superpowers all fall. Empires all collapse. They self destruct in some manner. Our economy is in shambles. The revolution you look for has already begun. Not against tyranny for the sake of being against tyranny, certainly, but the conservative elements of the populace are angry. Not for the reasons you want them to be angry, but the outcome will be the same. America's days of being the super-cop are numbered - we just haven't acknowledged it yet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 10:04 am
@JPB,
Yes, we all understand that, JPB; history repeats itself. I see our great country in emperor's clothing on self-destruct mode.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
The issue here is millions dead, directly because of US greed.
Just out of curiosity, has the USA ever done anything right ? Its a power thing with you isnt it ? If you move to Saudi Arabia I am sure they would welcome your anti-arab stance. Honest.
JTT

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:35 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, has the USA ever done anything right ?

Millions are dead, numerous countries destroyed, millions upon millions of lives ruined from illegal actions and war crimes committed by numerous US administrations and you want to focus on how much the gangsters donate to the church.

It's a stupidity thing with you, isn't it?

roger

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 01:39 pm
@Ionus,
There! You got your answer. Satisfied?
Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:46 pm
@JTT,
I think it is a blind hypocrisy with you. If you wish to feel important by attacking your own side, a sort of Stockholm syndrome, then clearly they must be the ultimate evil. I was fairly certain you couldnt see good in the world, I just wanted to confirm how mentally unstable you really are...
Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:46 pm
@roger,
Quote:
There! You got your answer. Satisfied?
Very Happy
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:30 pm
@Ionus,
There's no hypocrisy with me. The hypocrisy, as I've pointed out, numerous times, comes from those who mouth these platitudes of freedom and saving others from oppression all the while oppressing and ending numerous lives.

But I mustnote that I was correct. You are as dumb as a lump of dirt, even dumber.

And speaking of evil, the sordid facts are right in front of your nose and you try to minimize, to deflect from those who do such deeds.

The notion that a grunt with "24 years of experience" could be analyzing anything of import is pretty hilarious.
JTT

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 09:54 am
@JPB,
Drifting into senescence is not the way that a purported rule of law country should deal with its war criminals, JPB.
JPB

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 08:29 pm
@JTT,
Of course it isn't, but it's probably all you're ever going to see. Why did the left let go of a "hang 'em high" mentality once they took over the WH as well as both houses of congress? HellifIknow, other than it's a reflection of exhaustion.

I highly doubt you're ever going to see the justice you're looking for, JTT. That takes energy and most political energy these days is spent on perpetual campaigning and the two party system in America. Have I mentioned how I feel about the two party system in America?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 08:34 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus, It's not hypocrisy by any sense of the word; you are welcome to find facts about any country outside of the US for their crimes and mistreatment of their citizens. Then, only after then, can you relate that to how that country has performed on the world stage.

Go for it!
JTT

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 08:41 pm
@JPB,
It sounds like the shining city upon the hill is nothing but a tawdry little Potemkin village.

Quote:
Why did the left let go of a "hang 'em high" mentality once they took over the WH as well as both houses of congress? HellifIknow, other than it's a reflection of exhaustion.

This is the same thing that happened with Reagan. Everyone knew he and his gang were major criminals. The press did not want to see another Watergate. Where the **** can y'all turn? You can't trust your presidents/your elected representatives/ the "justice" department/ the media. Who's left?

Can you say, "we're fucked!"