Should Rumsfeld stand trial for war crimes?

Zippo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:32 am
A UN official says there is enough evidence that former US defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld could be brought to justice for war crimes.

The United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture Manfred Nowak in an interview on Monday told CNN that the international body had enough evidence to prosecute Rumsfeld for his direct authorization of tortures at US detention centers in 2002.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=83866&sectionid=3510203

============

Yay! hang him by his ball's !!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,745 • Replies: 18
No top replies

JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
@Zippo,
Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bush, Wolfowitz, Rice, Perle, ..., there more than enough evidence to bring them all up on war crimes.
McTag

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
@Zippo,

That's good.
Foofie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
The U.S. is still getting over the divisions from the Civil War. Also the divisions from more recent wars. If this was acted upon, it would divide the country, and be bad for the country going forward. The world at large would be affected negatively, due to a global economy. We should all move forward, and not listen to thoughts that could, in the end, to be seen as myopic.
JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
@McTag,
Oops, we can't forget Blair and his underlings, can we, McTag?
Zippo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:11 pm
@JTT,
The U.S. Is Required To Bring George W Bush & Donald Rumsfeld Before A Court! U.N. War Crimes

Correct!
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:13 pm
@Foofie,
This would imply a "free pass" to future war Presidents/criminals .... and a never ending circle of violence
JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:53 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
he U.S. is still getting over the divisions from the Civil War. Also the divisions from more recent wars. If this was acted upon, it would divide the country, and be bad for the country going forward. The world at large would be affected negatively, due to a global economy. We should all move forward, and not listen to thoughts that could, in the end, to be seen as myopic.

The rule of law, Foofie, the rule of law, one of those defining principles of conservatism.
McTag

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 02:19 pm
@JTT,

I believe Blair should answer to a court of law. I believe he deliberately misled us. I've always said that.
JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 02:22 pm
@McTag,
I knew that, McTag. For a man as eminently fair as you, that could never be doubted. I only wanted the list to be as complete as possible.

Miklos7

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:14 pm
@JTT,
There are a number of lawbreakers--Rumsfield among them--whom I would really love to see in the dock, but I fear it's not likely to happen, for reasons of lack of spine in the U.S. legal authorities. Should one of these folks go abroad, however, he could be arrested. I doubt that Rummie has any foreign trips planned.
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Oops, we can't forget Blair and his underlings, can we, McTag?

Anyone seen "Blair on Trial"?

Fairly recent drama from the Brits. Quite trenchant satire.

Bushco, of course, get off because the US hasn't signed on to the ICC
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
. . . the US hasn't signed on to the ICC

And likely never will . . .
JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:21 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
And likely never will . . .

It would be hard for the USA to do that and maintain its current status as the biggest hypocrite nation in the world.

I doubt very much that the Germans and the Japanese had signed on to the ICC and yet, ...

Will John Howard be indicted soon, Dlowan?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:31 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:

This would imply a "free pass" to future war Presidents/criminals .... and a never ending circle of violence

What violence? The U.S. was getting Sadam Hussein out of his office a little late; some think the elder Bush should have done it with Desert Storm.

What is a circle of violence? Does this refer to killing the Kaiser's soldiers, Nazis, North Koreans, Vietcong, Republican Guard and Taliban?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
he U.S. is still getting over the divisions from the Civil War. Also the divisions from more recent wars. If this was acted upon, it would divide the country, and be bad for the country going forward. The world at large would be affected negatively, due to a global economy. We should all move forward, and not listen to thoughts that could, in the end, to be seen as myopic.

The rule of law, Foofie, the rule of law, one of those defining principles of conservatism.

I would not learn from you. I believe you do not meet my prerequisites to allow me to believe your lessons are given in the spirit of conservative patriotism.

On that note, you should address another with your intellectual offerings.
Foofie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:36 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

I believe Blair should answer to a court of law. I believe he deliberately misled us. I've always said that.

You mean because he became a Catholic? Elizabeth I is rolling in her grave.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 07:01 pm
@Foofie,
What's clear is that you've never learned anything, Foofie. You've just memorized propaganda. The difference is immense.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 07:03 pm
@Miklos7,
Quote:
... for reasons of lack of spine in the U.S. legal authorities.

That same lack of spine is evident in the citizenry, Miklos. You're one of the brave few.
0 Replies