Reyn

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 03:44 pm
This suggestion is in regards to the "My Forums" that shows up to the right of the page when you post in a thread. The various tags show up in a personalised list.

If possible, I would find it more relevant if this feature could be either turned 'off' or 'on' in My Preferences.

Many times, I only post once in a thread and I'm not finding the "My Forums" feature very useful.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 854 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:32 pm
@Reyn,
Okay, does everyone use the My Forums feature then?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@Reyn,
I don't really use it, but it has no affect on me being off to the side of the screen. You may find it more useful if you used tags etc.

I mostly use My Posts and New Topics and then New Posts. I never use Popular and sometimes us My Friends.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@Reyn,
I use tags (fill in your own word for something you have a question about at the top in the wee window).

I like my list there.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
@Reyn,
I don't really use it. Just glance at it and become somewhat frustrated when I
see:

Quote:
Video Games
Millsberry, Millsbury, Games...

I openly love video games but have always given the thumbs down on every single Millsberry thread. So technically it's not My Forums when it has the worst of that forum leading the way. Mad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 03:42 am
@Reyn,

there is an add/remove button at the top of each forum, so you can customize My Forums.

i use it all the time...
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:37 am
@Region Philbis,
I used it on multiple occasions but haven't noticed a single change in My [So Called] My Forum.

Tried to remove the likes of Millsberry, Droid, Neopets, etc... to no avail.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 05:52 am
@tsarstepan,

you might be able to knock them off the list if you add other forae in their place...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:07 am
@Reyn,
I already don't have it!

Edit:
And then I went elsewhere and did.

I don't care either way.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 11:12 am
I don't really use the tagging system at all for my personal navigation. I use New Posts, New Topics, and My Posts in that order each time I log in.

If I don't intentionally look for the My Forums thing to the right, I rarely even notice it. I don't use it because the majority of the tags I apply are to the threads started by other people who didn't apply tags to them. It, therefore, is pretty useless to me as my own private navigation tool.
Reyn

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 12:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

If I don't intentionally look for the My Forums thing to the right, I rarely even notice it. I don't use it because the majority of the tags I apply are to the threads started by other people who didn't apply tags to them. It, therefore, is pretty useless to me as my own private navigation tool.

Thanks all to who posted.

I pretty much do what you do BFN, and I never use it to navigate. This is why I would prefer to have a switch to turn this off. The My Forums list does take the place of the default general forums list, which I do use from time to time.

It's a bit of a nuisance to have to delete the the individual forums each time you post in a thread, to get rid of this list, which is what I had been doing.

I'll send a link to the Contact Us page and send my suggestion along.
0 Replies