Mad Men...is anybody watching?

eoe

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:22 pm
I love this show. And I don't think it's only because I'm in advertising. I can't seem to put my finger on it's appeal since several of the characters annoy me, especially Don Draper. He's hot as a fire cracker but what a pig.
Anyone else watching?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:28 pm
@eoe,
Sorry. Not a single episode.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
my wife loves it but I cant get interested. Ive been too close to marketing crap to want to watch it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:37 pm
@eoe,
I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes in the beginning of the series and it certainly was a hard-hitting view of Madison Ave/Marketing and late-'50s and early '60s 'win-at-all-costs' corporate mentality. I got tired of it quickly...even though the acting was good. one of the main reasons might sound funny but maybe it has to do with all that smoking. Not a fan of it..and my mother (may she RIP) died of cancer and she was a smoker.
eoe

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 02:52 pm
@Ragman,
That's interesting, Ragman. My brother died of lung cancer almost six years ago and I never connected it to all of the smoking on the show. Isn't it odd how differently people are affected by the same thing?

When they would show Sal Romano the art director in his little office smoking like a chimney, I'd have to giggle because that used to be me. (I quite almost nine years ago.) I do wish they'd bring Sal back.
JTT

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 03:23 pm
@eoe,
Quote:
I do wish they'd bring Sal back.

They can't, he croaked from all the smoking. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 05:58 pm
@eoe,
Oh my yes!!!

http://able2know.org/topic/131590-1