Democracy Or Dictatorship!! Which Works Best?

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:03 pm
Hello All!

When we search through cultural history we encounter a myriad of relative pros and cons which support or forsake the empires founded upon said orders.

What, do you believe to be the most and least successful form of leadership?
And what system do you think would benefit the current global populace?

Thank you, and have a lovely day!
Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,063 • Replies: 14
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:37 pm
@mark noble,
Democracy, it has been said, is two wolves and a sheep discussing what they will have for lunch
0 Replies

Doubt doubt

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 02:24 pm
Depends on the dictator. the worlds dictators have all dicks. we have yet to see what a good person can do with power-.
GoshisDead

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 02:30 pm
@Doubt doubt,
"good" people normally aren't inclined to seize power
sometime sun

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 02:48 pm
Democracy is only the means to the same ends as any dictatorship.

Any vote chooses a dictator.
mark noble

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 02:59 pm
@GoshisDead,
Hi Russ!

Was Cromwell a 'good' man?

Kind regards!
Mark...
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:00 pm
@mark noble,
Depends who the dictator is - if it is me for instance, then of course it would be the best case possible. (well at least it would be for me as I make everyone else bow down and slave for me)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:10 pm
The democratic republic of the US has created the most successful lifestyle for its people; five percent of the world's population created the economic and military superpower of our times.

Many of the world's inventions come out from our country.

The state of California is the sixth (or seventh) richest country on this planet.

Many of the advantages our country used to have is being lost to greed and political infighting. Our schools and infrastructure suffer at the cost of getting involved in wars we have no business spearheading. We are not the world's police.

Even as our economy suffers from high unemployment, and our schools are underfunded with shortage of teachers, safe schools, and the cost to educate our children into college.

I don't see much hope in seeing any improvement in the foreseeable future of this country. When CEOs and officers of companies gain millions on their stock trades, while the average worker of the company struggles to live comfortably, there is something definitely wrong.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:11 pm
Really stupid people talk and joke about wanting a dictatorship. Maybe they deserve one, but most of the people don't.

People get the leaders they deserve But, I can't remember who said that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:24 pm
I don't think there's any question that a benevolent dictatorship would be the best possible form of government.
chad3006

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 12:01 pm
@mark noble,
What about good king Wenceslas? I haven't personally lived under his rule, so I can't say, but maybe someone else has had experience with him.
0 Replies

chad3006

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 01:18 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Democracy is only the means to the same ends as any dictatorship.

Any vote chooses a dictator.

My mom used democracy to get me to do chores. She might say something like: "You can clean your room or take out the trash, the choice is yours." So I'd take out the trash, feeling very empowered, free, and independent. Then maybe the next day I’d get the opportunity to choose again. Eventually, I cleaned my room. It helped that I was incredibly stupid and obedient. And to this day, I’d defend her with my life.
mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 02:54 pm
@sometime sun,
Hi Sun!

This is correct: Democracy and dictatorship aren't opposing factors at all - They are the same horse, but of different colour.

Damn, t'is good to find some intelligence at this site.

Be brilliant!
Shine on!
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 02:56 pm
@dyslexia,
Hi Dys!

Maybe that was Moses' intention?

All the best to you Dys!
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 03:01 pm
@chad3006,
Hi Chad!

Your mum has a grip on child psychology and behavioural techniques, that I believe every prospective mother should have, BEFORE they spread their potentially moronic offspring upon this overpopulated resource haven.

Good for you, and your mum!

Kind regards Chad!
Mark...
0 Replies