"I don't understand how poor people think,"

Yottos

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:12 pm
Bill, use paraghraphs man! Mad
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:32 pm
yottos
Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I'll try to be better.
pistoff
You are right again. By itself that sentence certainly does make me appear to be a "freakin' loon". Thanks for separating it....LOL
Perhaps I should proof before posting in the future.
LMAO
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 03:45 am
Bill

You are talking as though "imposing" democracy makes sense.

It didn't make sense back when TR advocated it -- and it doesn't make sense now.

MY GUESS: Iraq will end up a greater problem to world peace because of the regime change -- than it would have been if it had continued under Saddam.

We have, in my opinion, wasted national treasure and world opinion in an adventure which will have extremely negative unintended consequences.

And all we've proved is that the biggest guy on the playground can bully everyone else.

You are way too intelligent to be having such a naive take on this issue.

Think it out more carefully.

If you don't change your mind -- think it out a bit longer.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 07:22 am
Bill

Quote:
I’ll happily put to death everyone who disagrees with me until everyone that’s left does.

Have you ever tried running for public office? I think you should.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 07:24 am
Specially in Texas !
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:29 am
There are wealthy or not wealthy but not poor individuals in this world who have empathy for the poor and realize that most people have worth of some kind no matter their financial situation. These are the people with the ability to "put themselves in your shoes" .

I believe this is a learned skill.

Conversely, there are people with no understanding, no empathy, no interest in those less fortunate than them for whatever reason, people whose sole interest at the end of the day is themselves, those few they may care for, and those select few "in their club".

Also a learned skill.

GWB falls into the latter category. Thanks to GWHB and Babs, and the grandparents before that.

In a large real way GWB can't help who and what he is, he was programmed that way from birth.

To quickly address the point that regardless of his environment he could have looked around, paid attention, accessed all the many sources around him and become a more well rounded, empathetic and aware person, capable of looking at both sides of an issue and making an informed judgement, well, that requires enough intelligence to be curious and want to learn these things.

In a large way GWB can't help the fact that he sprang from the shallow end of the Bush gene pool.

Ignorance is sad, but with work can be overcome.

Stupid is stupid for life.

Stupid, AND ignorant is fucked for life.

Stupid, ignorant and filthy rich, in combination with being manipulated by powerful people including your own parents and the whole USA is fucked.

Especially the poor and less fortunate.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:53 am
Basically, we have the uglier version of Paris Hilton in the White House! Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
There are wealthy or not wealthy but not poor individuals in this world who have empathy for the poor and realize that most people have worth of some kind no matter their financial situation. These are the people with the ability to "put themselves in your shoes" .

I believe this is a learned skill.

Conversely, there are people with no understanding, no empathy, no interest in those less fortunate than them for whatever reason, people whose sole interest at the end of the day is themselves, those few they may care for, and those select few "in their club".

Also a learned skill.

GWB falls into the latter category. Thanks to GWHB and Babs, and the grandparents before that.

In a large real way GWB can't help who and what he is, he was programmed that way from birth.

To quickly address the point that regardless of his environment he could have looked around, paid attention, accessed all the many sources around him and become a more well rounded, empathetic and aware person, capable of looking at both sides of an issue and making an informed judgement, well, that requires enough intelligence to be curious and want to learn these things.

In a large way GWB can't help the fact that he sprang from the shallow end of the Bush gene pool.

Ignorance is sad, but with work can be overcome.

Stupid is stupid for life.

Stupid, AND ignorant is fucked for life.

Stupid, ignorant and filthy rich, in combination with being manipulated by powerful people including your own parents and the whole USA is fucked.

Especially the poor and less fortunate.

Whatever "elegance" is lacking in this comment is more than compensated for by its directness.

Thanx. Well said.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 10:11 am
Poor people generally don't vote and they don't have any clout with any specific lobby.

It's a shame really, but hey, this is America where people all have the same oppurtunities.

We have a large population of Bosnian refugees who came to my community with nothing and most of them are doing quite well for themselves. Opputunity is only there for those that seek it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 11:50 am
I think what Bush was saying is that he doesn't understand how people who don't work or don't achieve academically expect entitlements from society. I personally don't understand it either.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:03 pm
Careful with the sticks, there, kids. Glad to see things have gotten somewhat back ontrack since the cleanup, and I hope those who need it get the message. There won't be another one.

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/normal_battleshipfiring.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:45 pm
McGentrix can the phony "it's a shame" speech. No one's buying.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:23 pm
Not true Bi-Polar,
Mcgentrix makes perfect sense to me. I worked my way up that latter myself. And I too, have noticed that a very high percentage of immigrants enjoy a great deal of success in this country. People who are willing to work hard and delay their gratification will rarely need a handout. People who view "enough to eat" as a blessing seem better equipped to view this country for what it is: The land of opportunity. Certainly some people have advantages. But far too few really take advantage of them anyway. Read "the millionaire next door". The truth is; when it comes to addressing our own success or lack there of, we all need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 05:44 pm
America where people all have the same oppurtunities.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 11:43 pm
occom bill you're new and haven't been exposed at length to McGentrixs' general attitude.....
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:01 pm
Our God appointed Leader.
Quote:
One of the problems we have is that enough people can't find work in America.

GW Bush-- Bentonville, AR, November 4, 2002.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:41 pm
BiP is right. One night in the renowned Ospidillo Cafe and you all would be a changed.... um.... whatever you are, you'll be worse.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:28 pm
Exactly why I want to visit one day....I din't think I could possibly get worse....I feel you've thrown down the gauntlet....
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:41 pm
Perhaps the proper, more precise, phrase would have been "more of" what you already are...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 02:21 pm
ahhhhh...always ready to be all that I can be......

and the morning af ter a night in the grotto I feel confident that I could puke more by 9am than most people puke all day...... Razz
0 Replies