art

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 10:44 pm
do you know how to draw? well if you do.. reply on this.

View best answer, chosen by kittenluver97
ossobuco
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 10:58 pm
@kittenluver97,
Yes, I do.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:01 pm
@ossobuco,
You are thirteen and want to know everything I might know about drawing after a lifetime of drawing.?

Forget that.

Just draw and look and then draw again, and then look again, and draw again. Keep doing that.
Arjuna

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:16 pm
@ossobuco,
True. Although as i recall, I learned to draw horses and later human figures from books that taught how to break down the underlying shapes. A book by a spiderman comic artist taught me about foreshortening. I remember I went a long way with a drawing pad copying the drawings in that book. Decades later, that's still part of how I draw.

Faces I learned to draw by doodling them incessantly. A physics teacher once caught me in the middle of class doodling charicatures of him. He was pleased, though.

When it comes to painting faces, there are a couple of angles on catching a likeness... one I still use is noticing the space between the pupils of the eyes, then notice the point right at the middle of the base of the nose. Now you have a triangle. Get that triangle right and you've pretty much got the likeness.
0 Replies