Does death scare you? If so, What aspect of death scares you?

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 04:58 am
i'm more afraid of living a shitty bed ridden old age, drooling my remaining days away, than i am of death
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:17 am
@djjd62,
I wish that users of A2K woud have the decency
to restrain themselves from excrementitious references

David
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
that wasn't it intended use to be honest
Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Did he hit a little too close to home, David?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:33 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
that wasn't it intended use to be honest
If u invite me into your home for social reasons
and unknowingly, I step into some foul and loathsome substance on your floor,
if u tell me that u did not INTEND for me to step thereinto, I still have to clean the dirt off of my shoe.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:34 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
Did he hit a little too close to home, David?
Go to hell.
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
no i would apologize offer to clean your shoes or provide you with materials if you wished to do so yourself, if it were necessary i would compensate you for any damage

but this isn't my home or your home this is a public place, contact the management
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:42 am
@Intrepid,
i think i rankled OSD by posting some less than flattering (about the american military complex) song lyrics on William's freedom thread, generally we seem to be fairly civilized with each other
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 06:45 am
@djjd62,
i would welcome death, if i had to live like Terry Schiavo
0 Replies

Tsar

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:01 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

As Woody Allen said, "I am not afraid of death... I just don't want to be there when it happens".

I guarantee that he IS NOT there when it happens.

Seriously, I think that you can say "[death] happens" if and only if it is true that there are events before and after the event of death. You really have to believe in the afterlife in order to agree or at least to sympathize with Woody Allen.
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:04 am
@Tsar,
or you could simply have a sense of humour
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:05 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
no i would apologize offer to clean your shoes or provide you with materials if you wished to do so yourself,
if it were necessary i would compensate you for any damage

but this isn't my home or your home this is a public place, contact the management
The reason for my complaint
was that U knowingly and intentionally deposited the foul and abhorent substance
on the floor of the public place WITH THE INTENTION OF ITS BEING [READ] STEPPED UPON by everyone
who responded to your invitation (i.e., to read your post).
The management is INNOCENT.

I only request better and more decent consideration for
the sensibilities of your fellow users of the site.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:10 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i think i rankled OSD by posting some less than flattering (about the american military complex) song lyrics on William's freedom thread, generally we seem to be fairly civilized with each other
The personal freedom enjoyed by each American citizen is directly attributable to the efforts of the military
(i.e., our forefathers, in military guise), as the Founders of this Republic.

Thay did it AGAIN, in 3 world wars.

All of my personal liberty, I owe to them.

I will not scorn them. In gratitude, I will defend their memory.

David
djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
it's a pretty common expression david, lots of people (from all walks of life) use it in everyday conversation, you might be the only person who read that and prescribed an excretory meaning to it, as an expression it simply means not good, less than desirable

would you have been so quick to offend if i'd said

"the moslems deciding to build a mosque near ground zero have made a shitty decision"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
it's a pretty common expression david, lots of people (from all walks of life) use it in everyday conversation, you might be the only person who read that and prescribed an excretory meaning to it, as an expression it simply means not good, less than desirable
Burglary is too common. Robbery and murder r too common.
People getting hit by cars or by heart attacks r common.
If it happens to U, see how much better u like it because it is COMMON.

djjd62 wrote:
would you have been so quick to offend if i'd said

"the moslems deciding to build a mosque near ground zero have made a shitty decision"
Yes. U have a better vocabulary.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
not wanting to derail the thread, but he wasn't referring to a war, he was referring to the covert ops in south america, not my idea of a fine moment in american military history, i believe you can praise (the forces in the 2 world wars get my utmost respect) and mock (the actions in south america get my derision)

all soldiers i hold in high esteem, it's their handlers that i question more often than not
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:26 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
not wanting to derail the thread, but he wasn't referring to a war,
he was referring to the covert ops in south america, not my idea of a fine moment in american military history,
What 's the problem ?

djjd62 wrote:
i believe you can praise (the forces in the 2 world wars get my utmost respect)
R u telling us that in the Third World War u were on the other side, supporting our communist enemies ?

djjd62 wrote:
and mock (the actions in south america get my derision)

all soldiers i hold in high esteem, it's their handlers that i question more often than not
Paucity of information prevents me from commenting.

David
0 Replies

Tsar

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:29 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Nobody knows what happens at death
I know what happens at death, I dont know the details. There is life after death.

There is life before death. We know it for sure, because I am alive NOW.
There is life after death. We know it for sure, because otherwise I would not have been born.
This is equivalent to "death is an event in time".

Since we know both facts it follows that death is the point where our state of knowing that we are alive NOW changes to the state of knowing that we were alive THEN. Hence we know that we are alive NOW and were alive THEN.

Observe, that we know that this change will happen in the future. And we know that after that change it will have had happened in the past. Thus death happens in the future and the past. This means that death is not an event, contrary to the assumption.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:42 pm
The conscious of being alive before dying...is how I live my last moments into the unknown that might get scary !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:20 pm
When dead persons let us know they are conscious, after getting buried or cremated, I will consider there may be life after death. As it stands now, there is no iota of proof of it.