Does death scare you? If so, What aspect of death scares you?

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:09 am
@anil m,
Quote:

And I'm not especially fond of the way death laughs at you either, I think it's naughty.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:55 am
@laughoutlood,
Quote:
laughoutlood wrote:
And I'm not especially fond of the way death laughs at you either, I think it's naughty.
Too loud ?
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 07:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Too loud ?

More the interruption.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
@Thomas,
It is not after death when we fear it. We fear it now.
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:23 pm
@dagmaraka,
Why?
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:09 pm
@dlowan,
well, for myself i can't, right now, imagine non-existence. i value my existence so much that the prospect of it gone terrifies me (now)... since i believe when i die, that's that. maggots, dust, ashes to ashes.... i much prefer to exist.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:16 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
well, for myself i can't, right now, imagine non-existence. i value my existence so much that
the prospect of it gone terrifies me (now)... since i believe when i die, that's that.
maggots, dust, ashes to ashes.... i much prefer to exist.
No need for terror, Dag.

1000s of people who have returned from death in hospitals
have reported that their existence continued fine,
after thay molted off their human bodies. www.IANDS.org Quick way to lose weight.

David
Thomas

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:20 pm
@dagmaraka,
I agree the thought about the maggots is distressing. I, too, would prefer for my meat to be ground, dried, ground again into protein powder, and fed to the turkeys. It seems only just that turkeykind should get even with me for all those sandwiches.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
well, good luck with that.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:25 pm
@Thomas,
i'd like that, too. though, maybe not turkeys...

i'd love to have my skeleton displayed in a biology lab in some primary school, that would please me.
Thomas

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:19 pm
@dagmaraka,
That's a nice idea. Or how about filling ones ashes into an hourglass? I'd love to do some useful work in the afterlife.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:27 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
well, good luck with that.
Yeah; its not uncommon that thay have accurately described odd events
that occurred during emergency rescue activity, while in a state of death,
not necessarily in the same rooms, which were confirmed post-death.

U can read up on it, if u wanna, to reduce the terror.

Good luck with that.
Eva

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:24 pm
What aspect of death scares me?

Pain and agony. Feeling trapped in a bad situation that I can't solve, and being at the mercy of people I don't know.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
i was interested, back in the day. read plenty. saw interviews. read plenty explanations of these phenomena, too. don't find anything in the stories convincing as some definite proof of some afterlife.

this ain't for me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:23 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
i was interested, back in the day. read plenty. saw interviews. read plenty explanations of these phenomena, too. don't find anything in the stories convincing as some definite proof of some afterlife.

this ain't for me.
As u wish, so be it unto u.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:38 pm
@anil m,
Quote:
Most people are scared of it-but what exactly happens at death?

If you're an evolutionite or an atheist you get reincarnated as a rat or a cockroach. That's called a "second chance"...
Thomas

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:45 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
If you're an evolutionite or an atheist you get reincarnated as a rat or a cockroach. That's called a "second chance"...

That's the spirit, brother! Spread the love---it's what Christianity is all about.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 12:13 am
I'm extremely bitter that djjd62 brought up Gaiman's Death before me. But why didn't he point out her gender to Gosh?

i'm not afraid of non-existence -- how could i be? But i have to admit, if i discovered that there was an afterlife i would have to deal with a variety of mixed emotions: gratitude, fear, anxiety, etc. Exactly the same emotions that i experience in life. (Oh, i forgot to mention being irked, most definitely irked.)

i do fear the pain of dying, in the exact proportion that i do the pain of living. Bummer.

If i was going to admit that i fear death, or dying as it were, it might be better said that i fear the deaths of others. i've lost more loved ones than i'd care to to, at this or any point; and perhaps, and quite egotistically, i can't help but identify their deaths with a part of my dying. It's not rational, and undoubtedly unethical, but i have a hard time disassociating my dying from the ineluctable loss of the people (and [moment of honesty] the things, although [half-hearted moment of redemption] the loss of persons have a greater impact than the loss of objects and/or circumstances on me) that i love. Although the loss of a person may have a variety of different meanings, or take place at different times on multiple levels, the reason that the loss has meaning resides in that person's unique position within one's life. i mourn my own life, i.e. fear my death, because no one will know quite how i loved my aunt (nor know quite how my aunt cared for me) afterward. i grieve, peremptorily, for my own irreplaceable appreciation for the loved ones who die before me. But i will not regret those that outlive me, nor do i fear for them. They will get along fine.

Contradiction? So be it...
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 12:37 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Pain and agony. Feeling trapped in a bad situation that I can't solve, and being at the mercy of people I don't know.

Interesting, i was in a marriage like that once
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 01:05 am
@GoshisDead,
Eva wrote:

GoshisDead wrote:
Interesting, i was in a marriage like that once
I wonder if Mel Gibson feels like that
0 Replies