A Flaw in the Right's Thinking

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:38 am
Among the reasons why the right hates Obama is their perception of his lack of leadership (administrative) experience.

The Tea Totalitarians are pushing (I corrected the spelling . . . I Freudian slip-spelled the word pusching) the notion that all incumbents be voted out of office.

Do I really have to state the synthesis?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,384 • Replies: 13
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:29 am
Chuckle along with me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIZIiY81Ek&playnext=1&videos=ofFbvj4XLdA
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 11:24 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
...The Tea Totalitarians are pushing...the notion that all incumbents be voted out of office....

Great idea! Vote 'em out! Cool

http://a.imageshack.us/img248/9726/plantb20100729low.jpg

0 Replies

YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 01:18 am
@plainoldme,
HI, I'M THE GAY MAN (YOU WOULD PROBABLY CALL ME SELF-LOATHING SINCE I'M A CONSERVATIVE ANARCO-CAPITALIST) THAT DOESN'T FIT THE LEFT PARADIGM. THE REASON I LOATHE OBAMA IS THAT HE IS SIMPLY A FASCIST, RACIST, AND ABOVE ALL, A HYPOCRITE. ALL HIS ACTIONS SUPPORT THIS. BASE YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE RIGHT ON EVIDENCE, AND YOU LOSE EVERY TIME. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR PERFORATED SPHINCTER AND COME UP FOR SOME AIR--NOT THE CO2 THAT YOU'VE BEEN BREATHING IN FROM SAID HOLE. HURRY, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO AN OXYGEN-BREATHING ORGANISM BEFORE YOU SACRIFICE YOUR WEALTH TO AL GORE'S CARBON TRADING SCAM. WHAT A BUNCH OF CHARLATANS YOU ON THE LEFT ARE! WILL YOU FINALLY BE HAPPY WHEN THE WORLD IS SUFFOCATING UNDER THE OPPRESSIVE REGIMES THAT HAVE FAILED EVER TIME THEY HAVE EMBRACED YOUR BANKRUPT THOUGHT? OR THE CRUSHING SANCTIONS AND DEMANDS YOUR LABOR UNIONS PUT ON THE WORLD ECONOMY? THE END RESULT OF YOUR POLICIES ARE ALWAYS SUFFERING, DEPRAVITY, STARVATION, AND ULTIMATELY, DEATH--OF THE PEOPLE, THE LAND, THE ECONOMY. ON THE MARCH TO THE GRAVEYARD YOU KEEP CRYING FOR RIGHTS AND PRIVILEDGE, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME REGULATING THEM AWAY--YES, HYPOCRITES. SEE, THE GAME'S UP--IT'S NOT DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN--IT'S FREEDOM OR OPPRESSION. CONSERVATIVE LIBERTARIANISM=FREEDOM; OPPRESSION + SLAVERY=PROGRESSIVE LIBERALIST DEATH.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! PS. I READ YOUR PROFILE--IF THERE IS A DEMAND FOR A STOP AND SHOP, IT SHOULD BE BUILT. IF NO ONE SHOPS THERE, YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH AND IT WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS--SIMPLE CAPITALIST PRINCIPLES, NOTHING MORE. I SUPPOSE YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BAN THE ECONOMY. WHAT A LOSER.
Advocate

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 02:26 pm
It is unbelievable to me that the right continues to fight for the massive tax cuts for the wealthy. A couple of its leaders cannot explain how the cuts would be paid for.

ECONOMY -- DEFICIT FRAUDS BOEHNER AND PENCE CAN'T ANSWER HOW TAX CUTS FOR WEALTHY WILL BE PAID FOR: Yesterday on NBC's Meet the Press, House Republican leaders John Boehner (R-OH) and Mike Pence (R-IN) had a tough time answering host David Gregory's questions about how they would pay for extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. Gregory asked Boehner to respond to former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan, who said last week that extending the tax cuts without offsets would be "disastrous" and that they do not pay for themselves. "The only way we're going to get our economy going again…is to get the economy moving," was all Boehner could muster in response. When Gregory repeatedly pushed Boehner on whether the tax cuts were paid for, the Minority Leader could not answer directly, replying "I am not for raising taxes," and "what you're trying to do is get into this Washington game and their funny accounting over there." Later in the program, when asked how touting spending discipline and extending the tax cuts that aren't paid for is "a consistent and credible message," Pence also struggled to answer, responding, "I understand the credibility problem" and "I don't acknowledge that" the tax cut extension is not paid for because "it's apples to oranges." The reality is that extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy will cost $830 billion over the next 10 years. But many conservatives -- who have made bringing down the deficit one of their signature issues -- are deficit peacocks who are proving that they neither know nor care how they will pay for them.

--americanprogressaction.org
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:43 am
@YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY,
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY wrote:

HI, I'M THE GAY MAN (YOU WOULD PROBABLY CALL ME SELF-LOATHING SINCE I'M A CONSERVATIVE ANARCO-CAPITALIST) THAT DOESN'T FIT THE LEFT PARADIGM. THE REASON I LOATHE OBAMA IS THAT HE IS SIMPLY A FASCIST, RACIST, AND ABOVE ALL, A HYPOCRITE. ALL HIS ACTIONS SUPPORT THIS. BASE YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE RIGHT ON EVIDENCE, AND YOU LOSE EVERY TIME. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR PERFORATED SPHINCTER AND COME UP FOR SOME AIR--NOT THE CO2 THAT YOU'VE BEEN BREATHING IN FROM SAID HOLE. HURRY, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO AN OXYGEN-BREATHING ORGANISM BEFORE YOU SACRIFICE YOUR WEALTH TO AL GORE'S CARBON TRADING SCAM. WHAT A BUNCH OF CHARLATANS YOU ON THE LEFT ARE! WILL YOU FINALLY BE HAPPY WHEN THE WORLD IS SUFFOCATING UNDER THE OPPRESSIVE REGIMES THAT HAVE FAILED EVER TIME THEY HAVE EMBRACED YOUR BANKRUPT THOUGHT? OR THE CRUSHING SANCTIONS AND DEMANDS YOUR LABOR UNIONS PUT ON THE WORLD ECONOMY? THE END RESULT OF YOUR POLICIES ARE ALWAYS SUFFERING, DEPRAVITY, STARVATION, AND ULTIMATELY, DEATH--OF THE PEOPLE, THE LAND, THE ECONOMY. ON THE MARCH TO THE GRAVEYARD YOU KEEP CRYING FOR RIGHTS AND PRIVILEDGE, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME REGULATING THEM AWAY--YES, HYPOCRITES. SEE, THE GAME'S UP--IT'S NOT DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN--IT'S FREEDOM OR OPPRESSION. CONSERVATIVE LIBERTARIANISM=FREEDOM; OPPRESSION + SLAVERY=PROGRESSIVE LIBERALIST DEATH.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! PS. I READ YOUR PROFILE--IF THERE IS A DEMAND FOR A STOP AND SHOP, IT SHOULD BE BUILT. IF NO ONE SHOPS THERE, YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH AND IT WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS--SIMPLE CAPITALIST PRINCIPLES, NOTHING MORE. I SUPPOSE YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BAN THE ECONOMY. WHAT A LOSER.

Wow, what a completely rational and well-thought out response. Thank you for sharing. We all appreciate the wisdom you have imparted here with such clarity.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 11:33 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Among the reasons why the right hates Obama is their perception of his lack of leadership (administrative) experience.

The Tea Totalitarians are pushing (I corrected the spelling . . . I Freudian slip-spelled the word pusching)
Did u mean: putsch, Professor ?

plainoldme wrote:
the notion that all incumbents be voted out of office.
I 'll still judge them individually
by how much thay have helped or hurt Individualism and libertarianism in America.

plainoldme wrote:
Sure; go ahead, what the hell . . .
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:41 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

The Tea Totalitarians are pushing (I corrected the spelling . . . I Freudian slip-spelled the word pusching) the notion that all incumbents be voted out of office.

I really cannot tell, but from the use of the term, "synthesis", I think you may be suggesting that a contradiction lurks somewhere or other. So that the thesis and antithesis require a synthesis. If this happens to be right (and if it is, it is just a lucky guess) would you explain where the contradiction is supposed to be that needs synthesizing?
plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 08:53 pm
@kennethamy,
No. Figure it out for yourself.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:06 pm
@plainoldme,
HELLO, Prof. Plain: When r u going to state the synthesis ?

We await your leftist wisdom. . . .

Dump it on us. . . .

David
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 04:28 am
Naturally the Teaparty folk want to vote out incumbents. None of them have been elected yet.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 05:04 am
You title this thread as though you're going to describe a flaw, and then you don't. What exactly is the flaw you were referring to?
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 05:59 am
Political extremes are idiocy in it's purest form.
Success and survival depend on cooperation and compromise.
When do we see any of that? Never.
Nothing changes nothing changes.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 08:45 pm
@wayne,
No. Without political extremes, there are no new ideas. Politics work by pushing out on both the left and the right so a new consensus can be reached.
0 Replies