A TV! A TV! My Kingdom for a Television!

Ragman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 11:36 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Over the next ... say 6 months or so... I will be researching under $1000 televisions sets. Presently, I am without television and I am considering obtaining one in the not so near future.

Several conditions are necessary:

1. It must be purchasable via Amazon.com so I can get it on the 24 month interest free plan.

FYI, be a wise consumer about no-interest loans. Are you aware that if at any time during the period of any no-interest loan should you miss the timing of payment by one day or underpay by one cent, they have the ability to charge the full maximum interest which is typically in excess of 24%. That is in the contract in small print. This detail often times people miss.

I purchased my no-interest loan through Best Buy (HSBC). I have my payment auto-debited but I pay it through my bank - not auto debited through THEIR website.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 03:50 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks Ragman! Your advice is most welcomed! Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Predictions for 2010's lowest TV prices VS. Black Friday prices from Sears, Best Buy and Walmart = wait until december!

Tech Guru Becky Worley tweeted this interesting bit of tech news....

Should I try to request a credit increase from Amazon now or wait before the promotions come rolling in for the Black Friday online sales pop up postThanksgiving?
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 08:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
If you get the credit increase now, you'll be all ready to shop when the sale hits!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 09:02 pm
@chai2,
Thanks for the rocking advice! Smile
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 09:45 pm
42" Samsung plasma....love it....one of my friends bought the LCD version, nearly identical....and his looks terrible to me.

If money was not a factor, the Pioneer plasma {any of them} produces by far the best picture I've ever seen....but those run in the 5-6 K price range. I worked on a house last year, they had twin Pioneer 50"s...insurance salesman.
Ragman

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@2PacksAday,
FWIW, the best plasma display is made by Panasonic. Called the G10.
Breathtakingly gorgerous black detail (class of models are called Viera).

Also check out the 42 inch TC-P42G25

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10259971-1.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;4n

"This Panasonic plasma has the same deep blacks that grace its less-expensive little brother, and adds a couple of key improvements: better video processing to handle 1080p/24 sources and more picture adjustments that allow it to transcend the limitations of THX mode. Its picture should satisfy all but the pickiest of videophiles, and it also outperforms any LCD-based display, LED or otherwise, we've ever tested."
0 Replies