"Congratulations on a job well done" at the workplace

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:38 am
Good morning to all, I am new to this forum, but would greatly appreciate your feedback on this question that I've had for quite a while. I work for this company, and there's this co-worker that almost "always" does well on any job task that needs to be done. Recently we had our main boss fly in to meet my co-worker. It seemed that word was spreading around about him doing an excellent job here in the company. I was so impressed by that thoughtful action that our main boss did for our c0-worker. My question here is, how does one feel about being appreciated by your main boss? How does one handle it? I didn't have a chance to ask my c0-worker those questions because he had to leave out of town and hasn't come back yet. I don't know if this helps, but my co-worker, has always been smart and very intelligent at an early age. Always top student in school. Do you think that's why he excels at the workplace?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,071 • Replies: 9
No top replies

William

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 09:49 am
@powers3000,
powers3000 wrote:

Good morning to all, I am new to this forum, but would greatly appreciate your feedback on this question that I've had for quite a while. I work for this company, and there's this co-worker that almost "always" does well on any job task that needs to be done. Recently we had our main boss fly in to meet my co-worker. It seemed that word was spreading around about him doing an excellent job here in the company. I was so impressed by that thoughtful action that our main boss did for our c0-worker. My question here is, how does one feel about being appreciated by your main boss? How does one handle it? I didn't have a chance to ask my c0-worker those questions because he had to leave out of town and hasn't come back yet. I don't know if this helps, but my co-worker, has always been smart and very intelligent at an early age. Always top student in school. Do you think that's why he excels at the workplace?

I wouldn't worry about him if I were you powers 3. Perhaps it was not work for him? Why he excels could be a mystery to you and he left because he had elsewhere to go. I am sure he smiled before he left. That means he was happy to be there........with you when he was and perhaps he left something with you, you will always be grateful for.

William
powers3000

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 10:57 am
@William,
Thank you for your response, I will keep that in mind.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 11:25 am
As much as I respect intelligence and its signs, the basis for success is, more often than not, personality. A strong work ethic is in second place.

A worker's general personality, weltanschauung, attitude and sense of self have more to do with how well s/he does a job than education or book learning.
William

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:24 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

As much as I respect intelligence and its signs, the basis for success is, more often than not, personality. A strong work ethic is in second place.

A worker's general personality, weltanschauung, attitude and sense of self have more to do with how well s/he does a job than education or book learning.

Hello Plaino, Yes. If a personality is genuine, it is an indication of a truly gifted individual who is doing something that cannot be defined as work. Every individual alive has that personality within them.

I think I have always had a problem with "work" as in toil or assigned duty. I would like to think of it as a commission of that which comes naturally to a person. In that case it would not be work for there would be a natural progress being followed to reach a perfection for that individual person that will continue forever constantly growing.

That is the definition of brilliance. In woman it is known as a bloom as many do shine when they are carrying life within as all SHOULD. In man it is love and that by all means is where it begins as he gives the life within him to her. This is the covenant. Now if all understood this themselves and not ordered by others to work at a task that is not so natural, we all would perceive a new and different and better more synergistic reality. Call it an occasion of a not so laborous event of love taking over and what joy to the world means and will become and as I believe is happening......................right now. Will it be for all? All must think that absolutely and the finger pointing will cease.

The problem we have now is one of observation and allowing one to recognize that which comes naturally to them and why we use people and tell them what to do as we believe there is a beginning and an end to everything as we rush to meet the dead. It has been the haves over the have nots and it’s always been wrong.

Everyone wants to do something as we are all, argumentedly so by some, dynamic, eternal entities, not accustom to static; only suffering bodily from ignorance of what is called that gray area that exists between the lines of death and life.

Plaino, you say sense of self? Actually it is not that. It is the sense of others that is the most important. Sense of self is what has gotten us into this predicament and as some do believe it is the survival of the fittest. Surviving in not living my friend! The more we try to survive the more we lose that quality to what that life could be as you can observe all that is done because so many think there is an end to all this. That is truly sad.

Yes, you plainoldman, ha, your statement is accurate as it is now. I can assure you it can be better; much, much, much better.

William

PS It is interesting I think to be addressing a "plainoldman" as "plainoldtexas" is just down the road from me. Spelled a bit differently though.
powers3000

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 01:23 pm
@William,
Where did you get this information from?
William

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:47 pm
@powers3000,
powers3000 wrote:

Where did you get this information from?

If I told you, you wouldn't believe it, or you wouldn't have asked the question. I give it a shot anyway; it's what I called divine logic.

William
powers3000

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:54 am
@William,
LOL!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:01 am
@powers3000,
Quote:
My question here is, how does one feel about being appreciated by your main boss? How does one handle it?

It feels good to have your work appreciated and have official reinforcement of that. I handle it by saying, 'Thank You'.

But it means much more to me when one of the people you're serving lets you know they appreciate what you do for them. One of the students I work with told me last week that he thought I 'was a credit to this establishment'.
That meant more to me than just about anything else anyone might say to me.

powers3000

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:14 am
@aidan,
You are right, I bet it feels good when a student tells you that you're making a difference in his/her lifes.
0 Replies