Mame's Digression Thread

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:47 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Rog, she's everybody's mom! That's funny that someone would panic because their kid was wet - didn't we all get soaked as kids? Sprinklers, pools, fountains, you name it. Lawd.

Roger, you're a hoot.

It was a SCHOOL that panicked.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:48 pm
Ah, sorry. Thought it was the mom. Still, quite stupid. Maybe they were afraid of a lawsuit... oh wait, that's in the USA.
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:50 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Ah, sorry. Thought it was the mom. Still, quite stupid. Maybe they were afraid of a lawsuit... oh wait, that's in the USA.

The foster mum panicked because she was suddenly expected to be in two places at once, so she couldn't think.

Yes, I think schools panic because of the helicopter parents who come and abuse them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:54 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

dlowan wrote:

I took the phone and gently suggested they leave the little fellow outside for five minutes, in the shade, after which he would be perfectly dry.

Hate to tell you this, but you sound a lot like Mom.

I assure you, I am only the cats' mother.

Stalks out haughtily...tail flicking...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:11 am
Sometimes I wonder just how many times you can move a Post-it Note? I think about doing an experiment to compile some data and then prepare to analyze the results. Then I remember I don't have any Post-it Notes in the house.

Joe(so, that's that.)Nation
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:15 am
@Joe Nation,
just post-it at random; same results IMO
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:17 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Sometimes I wonder just how many times you can move a Post-it Note? I think about doing an experiment to compile some data and then prepare to analyze the results. Then I remember I don't have any Post-it Notes in the house.

Joe(so, that's that.)Nation

You may be surprised to note that post-it-notes were the result of a failed adhesive product in 1968. The first use was for marking the pages in a hymnal by an employee of 3M. It took another 12 years to market the product.
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:56 am
@Intrepid,
I think I had heard that story about Post-it Notes, but what I meant to say was that there were several people on my mother's side of the family who had red hair.

Joe(my mother for one.)Nation
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:00 pm
@Joe Nation,
An ordinary piece of paper and some adhesive tape work better, in my opinion, to that product. Wink
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:01 pm
@Reyn,
Bubblegum
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:17 pm
I just wanted to mention, and I hope it doesn't derail this thread, but Irish Whiskey will not freeze. It doesn't even get glassy like vodka does.\

Joe(cheers, well, not yet, it's only two o'clock)Nation

PS : I forgot: Go Spain!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:29 pm
I wonder if you will change your hosting or housecleaning habits after this:

40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:21 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i like turtles
I do too. I rescued one once.
He was standing on double yellow lines on a road in Upstate, NY. I parked n picked him up by the back of his shell.
He had a long neck, maybe 14 inches, but he coud not reach my hands, in back. I put him into a wet irrigation ditch
at the side of the road.

I don 't know whether he was a Democrat or a Republican.

David

roger

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No real convictions. He was just straddling the line.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:05 pm
Has anybody seen my pliers?
roger

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
They will be in the last place you look.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:55 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
No real convictions. He was just straddling the line.
I carried him to the irrigation ditch alongside of the road,
so that he 'd not be convicted of J walking.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:58 pm
@roger,
It's frustrating to be in the middle of a job and not find the right tools.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, Roger is right (as usual), the last place you look is always where anything can be found, like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and those little Irish leprechauns, greedy little buggers.

The search is worth it as you might find wrenches. BTW, Dys told me the difference between a plumbers wrench and a regular wrench. But let's not while away the time with wrenches when there are screw drivers to be found where the pliers used to be.

Do you remember that movie with Dustin Hoffman in which he had his teeth pulled out with pliers? Why on earth would you want a pair of pliers, anyway? But I digress...

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:16 pm
@Diane,
Marathon Man...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:15:34