Mame's Digression Thread

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:12 pm
Yes, a place for all of us obsessive interruptors and digressors to convene and mix it up to our heart's contents. Please, no two topics the same in a row. Guilty parties are subject to whatever abuse members dish out.

I spent yesterday in Rosemary, Alberta at my sister's Canada Day Festivities. There was truck-pulling, mud-bogging, ladies' mud-wrestling (no, I didn't enter), mens' games of all sorts. I have pictures. And hot dogs were only $2.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 26 • Views: 13,715 • Replies: 260

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:30 pm
@Mame,
Rosemary, Alberta?

You know I like rosemarinus as a plant. Sturdy thing, in my experience. Would that other plants were as sturdy. But, hey, do they grow up there in Alberta?

I've seen big rosemarys in Tuscany. (You don't want me to tell you all about it, do you. I knew that!) Oh, wait, where's the lamb..
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:14 am
@ossobuco,
Speaking about Italian Lamb... orghini's:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/ultimate-factories/4541/Videos/07269_00#tab-Overview
http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/lamborghini-concept-s.jpg
chai2

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:23 am
@tsarstepan,
I had Italian food for lunch yesterday.
not so great.

can't find good Italian in this city.

now sushi, yes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:34 am
@Mame,
No no a proper digression meanders and wanders wherever it damn well pleases, no rules like no two topics the same in a row!

That's the fun of 'em, the waxing and waning and hithering and yonning and some real nuggets of serious content amongst the badinage and goofiness.

Anyway.

Happy Fourth of July weekend all!
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:37 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Happy July Fourth weekend all?
When U started to annotate the date the American way?
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:40 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

No no a proper digression meanders and wanders wherever it damn well pleases, no rules like no two topics the same in a row!

That's the fun of 'em, the waxing and waning and hithering and yonning and some real nuggets of serious content amongst the badinage and goofiness.

Anyway.

Well, then...as it happens the 4th July marks ten years in this apartment!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:41 am
I keep thinking up digressions, then using them elsewhere, or simply rejecting them.
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:41 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

sozobe wrote:

Happy July Fourth weekend all?
When U started to annotate the date the American way?

When she was born in the USA? (Well, some years after that most likely>)
sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:46 am
@dlowan,
Happy 10-year-anniversary! How are the various rearrangements and painting and such going? For that matter how is your back and other physical ailments that were impeding such progress in the past?
sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:47 am
@dlowan,
Are you saying you weren't able to write within five minutes of emerging into the world? Hmph. Amateur.
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:56 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Happy 10-year-anniversary! How are the various rearrangements and painting and such going? For that matter how is your back and other physical ailments that were impeding such progress in the past?

Aah! The painting remains half done...or half-undone, whatsoever it pleaseth Your Majesty to deem it.

I am yet again acull....two bags of books and a garbag full of clothes to date.

The back is a little unhappy, it being that, when my pay failed to arrive in my credit union account on Wednesday night as is its wont, nor indeed on Thursday morning, and I not knowing if this was some long-lasting disaster cancelled my cleaners. I have thusly being cleaning and vacuuming today, which leads me to ponder what it is reasonable to expect from cleaners, I having found lo these many nooks and crannies (not all that nook and crannery at that) un-cleaned since I myself stopped cleaning after my disk prolapsed approximately a year ago.
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:57 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Are you saying you weren't able to write within five minutes of emerging into the world? Hmph. Amateur.

And where, pray tell, is the proof of your prodigious manuscripts wrote as they were from the sixth minute of your existence, madam?
sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:58 am
@dlowan,
Well fie on the unclean cleaners!

I think it is reasonable to expect cleaners to CLEAN!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:58 am
@dlowan,
I don't think the hospital kept them.
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:59 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I don't think the hospital kept them.

Ha! Fie on't madam. Thou liest to my face. My whiskers can detect a lie.
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 09:00 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I keep thinking up digressions, then using them elsewhere, or simply rejecting them.

The art of digression is not over-thinking.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 09:02 am
@dlowan,
You have no whiskers, just a ciggy. A lie-detecting ciggy? I sense a new marketing ploy...
dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 09:04 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

You have no whiskers, just a ciggy. A lie-detecting ciggy? I sense a new marketing ploy...

I DO SO have whiskers!!!
http://hoppelz.com/images/stories/aboutrabbits/06anatomy/whiskers-rabbit.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 09:11 am
i like turtles

1. Forums
  2. » Mame's Digression Thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:20:46