What is the Truth of philosophy?

Fido

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:32 pm
@salima,
salima wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

salima wrote:

so is it true that i am going to die or isn't it? please say it is true...

I is true that either you are going to die or you are not.

ok, how about this...is it true that i am alive?

We have no proof you are alive, and if true, then the conclusion rest on testimony, which is not proof, but is evidence...I will testify that you are alive, and you can do the same for me, annd then together we will have fulfilled one major function of every relatonship...
kennethamy

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:38 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

salima wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

salima wrote:

ok, how about this...is it true that i am alive?

We have no proof you are alive, and if true, then the conclusion rest on testimony, which is not proof, but is evidence...I will testify that you are alive, and you can do the same for me, annd then together we will have fulfilled one major function of every relatonship...

How could she have asked whether she was alive unless she was alive? She could not have. Therefore, she is a alive.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:42 pm
@salima,
salima wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

salima wrote:

why isnt it just plain true that i will die? can't science prove that life will come to an end? and if nothing is true, what is everybody debating things for? i mean like the atheist/theist or spiritualist/materialist issues, etc...wouldnt that mean that they (both sides) are also either true or not true?

Conservation is a quality of every form, even a moral form like life... We can imagine things, as things staying the same, and even imagine spiritual qualities like life, as a thing... We cannot imagine death, as death is nothing, and since it is an infinite, considering that nothing is infinite, then we cannot judge it, or say we know the first thing about it...
0 Replies

paul s

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:23 am
So... any conclusion?
kennethamy

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 10:27 am
@paul s,
paul s wrote:

So... any conclusion?

Good question, of course. But I am still wondering about the premises, myself.
paul s

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 01:27 pm
@kennethamy,
Could you state your question concretely?
kennethamy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 02:23 pm
@paul s,
paul s wrote:

Yes, of course. It is whether anyone would explain what,

Conservation is a quality of every form, even a moral form like life... We can imagine things, as things staying the same, and even imagine spiritual qualities like life, as a thing... We cannot imagine death, as death is nothing, and since it is an infinite, considering that nothing is infinite, then we cannot judge it, or say we know the first thing about it...

Is all about, and about how it has any connection to the thread or to previous posts.
Fido

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 05:01 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

paul s wrote:

Yes, of course. It is whether anyone would explain what,

Is all about, and about how it has any connection to the thread or to previous posts.

Kenn;
If the question is of the truth of philosophy, then forms, concepts, ideas, and notions are how philosophical truth is expressed; and the thing all forms have in common is conservation/identity... Now, contrast that with something like music... Music cannot be conceived of, because it has no logic, or rational... Those people who have discovered relationships of tones to numbers are as far away from teaching music as they are from the moon... If it is put in concrete form, like notes on a page, it is as far yet from music... We can not explain the ability, nor explain the effect that music has on us which is totally subjective, unique to each of us... I hear music in a well tuned engine, or in the wind rushing through sail boat rigging, and though I am surrounded by instraments because I love them aesthetically, I cannot play a note in accord with others to sound like music... I have no talent, and never did... A musical performance is like a raindrop on a rock, and it cannot be conserved... We have recordings, but they are a shadow of the immediate experience of music... In a real sense, moral forms are the same, that no one can fully conceive of life or love, or justice, or liberty... But, these notions when they are used to construct social forms are both preserved and destroyed in the process, much as written music destroys the essential quality of music: The Sound...
0 Replies

paul s

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:57 am
@kennethamy,
My question for you is what is Truth?

I have an answer but it looks like no one is able to approach the answer. That's because they have their karma stopping them from reaching an awakening.

Before I tell you about truth I will tell you about death.

In order to understand this you have to know about what life is .

Death is not something we can not comprehend, and you're cheating yourself and others to say that. Death is the state of existence of consciousness and the world of after death is the world where only consciousness exists. People who are dead don't have bodies because death is the state where the consciousness separates from the body. Some times they can be reborn, and if they obtain salvation while they are still alive they can choose when they will be born again in order to carry out their mission.

Now, regarding truth.
Truth means that things that exist in this world are continuously making their results on the basis of a single fundamental principle.
This principle is what we call The Truth.
Principle is that things in the world make results through what exists in themselves.
Therefore to know a specific thing you should either learn from the man who knows or open your eyes by yourself and try to see what is in them. In order to obtain what you want you have to make the cause that lets the thing exist. You cannot make an apple tree unless you have the quality of apple seed.

fresco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:22 am
@paul s,
So this thread was a build up for your particular preference for "Truth" (capital T). Others who have headed in that direction report that those with the urge to report their "knowledge" are deluded , because such knowledge demands quiescence, not communication.
paul s

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:43 am
@fresco,
If the question is different, you're not answering the same question. I don't care how you capitalize it. Nobody was answering my question, they interpreted their own question. If you would like to communicate, we need a standard of comparison and that standard is what exists. If you don't keep what i asked, it's hardly communication. Sorry for being so strict, but that's how facts are.
fresco

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 10:02 am
@paul s,
Smile
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:55 am
@paul s,
paul s wrote:

If the question is different, you're not answering the same question. I don't care how you capitalize it. Nobody was answering my question, they interpreted their own question. If you would like to communicate, we need a standard of comparison and that standard is what exists. If you don't keep what i asked, it's hardly communication. Sorry for being so strict, but that's how facts are.

Sorry backatcha, but the truth is a moral form, and what exists is hardly in dispute as much as what does not exist except by virtue of our existing, like our emotions or beliefs, and even all moral forms like truth that we talk of as though real but which are only essential meanings, and I say they mean because we find those forms essential to our lives, so as I said: they exist by virtue of our existing....

Let me suggest, dear friend; that if you think you have the answer just spit it out.... To ask a question you think you have the answer to just wastes everyones time...
paul s

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 12:24 pm
@Fido,
I have been trying to show the answer through life.

Feelings and beliefs do actually have a existence in the 'physical' world and they can in fact be measured by instruments, but you may find that the closer you get to knowing 'what is' the less beliefs you have to rely on. Over time it's become clear that any idea can be manifested through technology, not to mention speech and society.

Consciousness is composed of kind of electrical energy that has been in you for billions of years. The waves of electrical energy of your conscience are perceived as forms by you, due to what forms happened to you which are recorded and stored up in your consciousness to form the karma. I can describe this in more detail if you need to confirm some specific points. In order to expand the consciousness in the process of realization you need learning through Enlightenment.

So, I don't think I have the answer exactlyy, because thinking is not the answer to the question of what is truth. I would only call an truthful answer something which could be verified.

If it doesn't sound like I answered the question pls ask me for any clarification.
I hope this is making sense.. Paul
paul s

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 01:19 pm
@Fido,
I suppose I should be more specific and say outright that I do not agree that truth is a 'moral form'. IMO, the terms of morality & ethics themselves are washed out versions of the teaching of conscience.
I don't believe that an essential meaning is not real. I believe that is the most real thing we can have. Physical forms themselves such as our body are less permanent than essential meaning in what exists.
From my point of view, things in the truth are fixed and they can never be changed no matter who it is and what time it is...

Paul
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm
@paul s,
paul s wrote:

I have been trying to show the answer through life.

Feelings and beliefs do actually have a existence in the 'physical' world and they can in fact be measured by instruments, but you may find that the closer you get to knowing 'what is' the less beliefs you have to rely on. Over time it's become clear that any idea can be manifested through technology, not to mention speech and society.

Consciousness is composed of kind of electrical energy that has been in you for billions of years. The waves of electrical energy of your conscience are perceived as forms by you, due to what forms happened to you which are recorded and stored up in your consciousness to form the karma. I can describe this in more detail if you need to confirm some specific points. In order to expand the consciousness in the process of realization you need learning through Enlightenment.

So, I don't think I have the answer exactlyy, because thinking is not the answer to the question of what is truth. I would only call an truthful answer something which could be verified.

If it doesn't sound like I answered the question pls ask me for any clarification.
I hope this is making sense.. Paul

You tell me what you believe, (everything), and I will tell you what I know,(nothing)...
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:44 am
The problem people have understanding the truth is they treat it as the real as material. Truth even in its most objective form is still only a descriptor of a thing. being a descriptor it has become a subject or at the very least subject to subjectivism making any possible truth unique to only one person. So the most reasonable approximations of any truth are those descriptions of the real that coincide with other people's descriptions of the real. One cannot treat the 'truth' as material just like one cannot treat big or blue as material.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:52 am
@GoshisDead,
Typo or grammar ?
GoshisDead

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:53 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
me?, prolly both
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:54 am
@GoshisDead,